Flaming Cliffs Manual

JimMack

• ED Team

A spiral bound manual for Flaming Cliffs should become available next week. Allows you to read both pages flat on the desk!

It will cost around $24.99, and will initially be available from GoGamer and Simware.

The content is exactly the same as the pdf manual in the documents folder.

It is a lot easier to use then the 260 pages of printout!

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• ED Team

The Black Shark manual will not be able to be added into the Flaming Cliffs Manual.

Reason is that a "clip back" manual would have added even more to the cost.

We are looking at options for a hard copy Black Shark manual, that covers all the aspects of flying the Black Shark. Maybe we can get it into a simple 32 page manual, where we can get the cost down to a minimum.

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Here is the link to the page on SimWare that shows the manual. You can see a small image of what it looks like, and the price is 19.99 Euro. It will be ready for purchase on the 20th of February.

http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_product_details&pid=1590

GoGamer doesn't ship internationally, so I cannot order from there. Therefore, I only provide the link to the SimWare site.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

It seems noone knows when it will be out, and SimWare, other online shops, and of course us, the gamers, can only guess at the time of arrival for this add-on. I'm personally enjoying Flaming Cliffs while I'm waiting for BS :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

I'll settle for loose sheets printed out to be added to the original 'Enhanced Manual' .

Copy Number 1924 :D

I'm in total agreement with your suggestion, the add on pages would be a great enhancement to the orginal "Enhanced Manual"

• Like 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hi guys,

GoGamer.com will indeed be selling the manual. We should have it up tomorrow. I will make sure and let everyone know once it is up.

We're excited to offer this wonderful manual to sim fans in the USA and continue to support the efforts of Eagle Dynamics. A complex simulation like Lock On: Flaming Cliffs needs a good reference document and this manual does just this for a reasonable price.

If you were to print this yourself it would be quite a chore and cost much more than the current price. Kinkos and other copiers just hate printing items like this for copyright reasons and they usually charge upwards or 89 cents a page. Obviously, that gets expensive. If you ever wanted the manual that is included on the CD in paper form this will be a great addition to your collection.

We should have the FC Manual up on our website tomorrow (Monday) and will take Pre-Orders. Once the manuals arrive we will ship immediately. I'll provide a link shortly.

Regards,

Jason

I've just ordered my manual. :)

I'd also like those extra pages for the Black Shark when it's out.

32 pages isn't that much. Couldn't you print that and include it with the game? And have it formatted with the right holes so we could insert the pages into the manual. :)

Just received my manual from simware this morning, looks good. Would have looked better in colour but i am sure that would have pushed the price up a fair bit so its good as it is :D

Lobo

Hey Lobo - is that ALL B & W - no colour at all ??

George

I´m holding now in hands my copy of the FC Manual that just arrived from SimWare.

And I have to say: Thank you, ED!

It looks and feels really good and in size and content it proudly fits my spiral binder manual collection of Jane´s Longbow/Longbow2/IAF/F-15/USAF/F-18 and many many other paperback manuals from the great old days of flightsimming.

Sitting besides Flanker, Flanker 2 and the great Enhanced LOMAC Manual (god bless you, my friend), it is only surpassed by the huge original Falcon4 manual.

But since F4 has more to learn about it that´s ok, I guess.

Of course there´s nothing new to the FC manual content but it´s so much better to have a hardcopy at hand whilst in game!

ED is going exactly the right way here: if sales numbers don´t allow for a fullsize hardcopy manual to come with the game,

then make it available separately as some sort of payware "add-on". People always state that they would be willing to pay higher than average prices for high-quality simulation software. Well, here´s the way to go, just split costs up.

~$50.- for the game plus another ~$25.- for a hardcopy manual seem fair to me.

Well done, ED! - Carry on!

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Black Shark Manual

The Black Shark manual will not be able to be added into the Flaming Cliffs Manual.

Reason is that a "clip back" manual would have added even more to the cost.

We are looking at options for a hard copy Black Shark manual, that covers all the aspects of flying the Black Shark. Maybe we can get it into a simple 32 page manual, where we can get the cost down to a minimum.

Jim

Why not include a hard copy of the manual like most other game publishers do instead of having us make separate purchases months after the game goes gold? Why not have two versions of packaging with or without the manual. Include the cost iof the manual in the add on. Or is that to difficult to do? Please let me know what everyone thinks. I am good for the extra cash for a version of Black Shark with a hard copy of the manual without typos in english.

Yeah but the best way to buy and support ED is to Download the game. Most games come with manuals? Not sure about that ofcourse PRima makes the stratagy guides for games and I have bought them before. JaBoG32_Woodstock is right on the money, this is how it should be done.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

You can also order directly from Eagle:

http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?lang=en

-Matt

I just ordered a copy directly from Eagle, as their shipping costs were the lowest. Less than $7 isn't that bad.

I am really looking forward to having the manual resting on my desk while I'm flying. I have to say that the best part of this manual is the Weapons Delivery part. That is a great help when you want to just go straight ahead with a mission, have a glance at the instructions in the manual, and then do your stuff. It's great not having to rely on my lousy memory! :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Great idea guys, pity it was not announced some time ago, as i would have waited and not printed the manual, and put it into a 4 ring binder. Probably cost me more on ink and paper, and binder, than your price!!

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]