[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #41
Kayos

Reputation power: 11
Kayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura about

This looks very cool. I will give it a go this weekend. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2017, 11:27 PM   #42
Kayos

Reputation power: 11
Kayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura about

That works awesome! Thanks
Old 10-22-2017, 02:03 AM   #43
RyboPops

Reputation power: 4
RyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the rough

Hey everyone, I made a small chart showing what airports can be used to spawn certain aircraft in actual parking spots.

Take note, however, that just because an airport CAN spawn a 747 in a parking spot doesn't mean it won't spawn on the runway. Smaller aircraft can still spawn in the few heavy spots which will lead to 747s spawning on the runway. I have found that this is mostly avoidable with some good planning and "city pairs." While the routes often aren't realistic, it gives a very vibrant and lifelike feel to the scenario.

USAF 460th SCS
RyboPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #44
RyboPops

RyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the rough

I have a quick request if it's not already possible. It would be nice to have the ability to spawn a PAIR of AI, both using the same skin and flying the same flight plan. Obviously not useful for civilian traffic, but it would be great for randomly generating fighter traffic out of an AFB.

USAF 460th SCS
Old 10-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #45
funkyfranky

Reputation power: 19
funkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyboPops View Post
Hey everyone, I made a small chart showing what airports can be used to spawn certain aircraft in actual parking spots.
Great stuff I will put this in the Tips 'n' Tricks section of the second post, if you don't mind?

Would it be possible to add the information on the total number of parking spots for planes and helos separately?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #46
funkyfranky

funkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have a quick request if it's not already possible. It would be nice to have the ability to spawn a PAIR of AI, both using the same skin and flying the same flight plan.
That's already possible You only have to add more planes to the template group in the mission editor.

Regarding the liveries, at the moment, each unit(!) of the group will get it's own random livery. So if you set more than one livery via RAT:Livery() you probably end up with different liveries for each unit.

I guess, I will change that in the code, because all units of a particular flights should all have the same skin.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #47
RyboPops

Frank, definitely feel free to put the chart in the first post. It'll help more people there than it will buried in the thread

Regarding the number of spots, that was my original intent. However, with so much overlap in which airplanes/helos can use the spots I wasn't sure how to put all the info in a logical format in the table. I'll try to work something out.

That leads me to a question though...in the ME helos can be placed to ramp start in just about any parking spot that isn't covered. Does RAT somehow restrict helo spawns to runway and dedicated H parking spots?

USAF 460th SCS
Old 10-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #48
funkyfranky

Quote:
Frank, definitely feel free to put the chart in the first post. It'll help more people there than it will buried in the thread
Great, thanks

Quote:
Regarding the number of spots, that was my original intent. However, with so much overlap in which airplanes/helos can use the spots I wasn't sure how to put all the info in a logical format in the table. I'll try to work something out.
Yeah, I know. Too many combinations if one would consider the aircraft type. But just differentiating planes and helos would be nice to have.
Like in the total column 7/8. First number for planes second for helos. When I read 15 spots in total at McCarran for example, it might be confusing because not all 15 can be used by planes, which I guess is what most people do.

Quote:
That leads me to a question though...in the ME helos can be placed to ramp start in just about any parking spot that isn't covered. Does RAT somehow restrict helo spawns to runway and dedicated H parking spots?
No, the parking spot entries in the spawn template are set to "nil". So only the DCS logic automatically decides where the helos or any other aircraft is placed.

Last edited by funkyfranky; 10-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.
funkyfranky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #49
RyboPops

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
But just differentiating planes and helos would be nice to have.
Like in the total column 7/8. First number for planes second for helos
I'll start on that as soon as I can. I tried to test something with a pair of aircraft in the template and it seems to have corrupted my mission file somehow I reverted back to a single aircraft but it still results in script errors on load and then no aircraft spawn...

USAF 460th SCS
Old 10-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #50
funkyfranky

Quote:
I'll start on that as soon as I can. I tried to test something with a pair of aircraft in the template and it seems to have corrupted my mission file somehow I reverted back to a single aircraft but it still results in script errors on load and then no aircraft spawn...
PM me the DCS logfile and I'll take a look. Maybe the whole mission as well.

Tags
moose, random air traffic, rat