Su-33 wings snapping off - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
SnapRoll

Reputation power: 0
SnapRoll is on a distinguished road
Default Su-33 wings snapping off

I’ve been flying the Su-33 quite a lot since PFM has been released in open Beta. Unfortunately, in multiplayer, where I more or less just act as a missile magnet, I hardly ever make it back to the carrier. What is even worse, it is not due to enemy fire, it’s because I just happen to pull back the stick a bit too much just like I would do on the Su-27, and… my wings would snap off.

This happens especially when you’re supersonic and it is without pressing ‘z’ or ‘s’. The Su-27 never did this on me.
I am pretty sure this is a bug, but can anyone tell me with some background knowledge how it should really be?

My assumption would go kind of like this way:
  • The fly-by-wire takes care of not overstressing the airframe and pilot
  • Using the Stick Limiter Override, the fly-by-wire only protects the airframe
  • Direct Control Switch – full control, no protection

As stated, this is an assumption on my side. Would be glad to hear how this was designed in reality.

Last edited by SnapRoll; 10-12-2017 at 05:23 PM.
SnapRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
///Rage

Reputation power: 34
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

The reason it happens in the 33 but not the 27...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193995

www.51st.org
///Rage is online now   Reply With Quote