Just Purchased P-51D and it is not working

artmustel

I just purchased the P-51D and installed it with module manager. I can see the airplane and missions and everything but there are 2 big problems: when I start whatever (Free flight, mission, etc) it starts on map, F1 won't do a thing. I can see the plane flying with F2 or F4 but it won't respond to any command or input from Joystick or even from keyboard. I have it in sim mode and I checked the options and all commands and axis show as they should. I don't have this issue with the TF-51 or any other plane, it is weird but only happens with my new P-51D. Can anyone please give me a clue on this? Thanks in advance.

Let me guess. You are using Avast?

If yes, this might be the same issue that I had. Seems to be a new problem, that came with a recent update of Avast or DCS. Dont know.

The support told me to

-uninstall the modules

-deactivate Avast

-reinstall the modules.

That was to much effort to me, to uninstall every single module so I reinstalled the entire program with deactivated Avast. This helped but from now on I think I have to deactivate Avast before every single DCS update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

That could be Picksking but it only happens with the P-51D. I have never uninstalled and reinstalled a module. Should I then uninstall only the P-51? And how it is done? Thanks.

This happens only to the P51 because this module just came into your arsenal. So it concerns only the new files that were downloaded and installed recently. All other modules were not touch by the P51 installation.

I would try to uninstall only the P51. This works with the console comands. There is a thread to this topic somewhere. I will look it up later. Have to go now sorry. Or maybe someone else would be so nice to post a link to this console-repair-update-thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Sadly it didn't work for me. I followed the instructions to uninstall it, deactivated Avast, reinstalled the P-51 but still, whatever I select to do, starts with the Map, F1 won't work, F2 and F4 let me see the plane in flight but cannot control it with keyboard or joystick. I appreciate very much your input PicksKing since I learned how to uninstall the modules however it didn't work for me...have you or anyone else any ideas of what else to try? Thanks.

Edited by artmustel

Sadly it didn't work for me. I followed the instructions to uninstall it, deactivated Avast, reinstalled the P-51 but still, whatever I select to do, starts with the Map, F1 won't work, F2 and F4 let me see the plane in flight but cannot control it with keyboard or joystick. I appreciate very much your input PicksKing since I learned how to uninstall the modules however it didn't work for me...have you or anyone else any ideas of what else to try? Thanks.

If you have another installation of DCS (alpha or beta) on your harddrive, I highly recommend to reinstall DCS completly. For a reinstallation the setup will load the most files from 2.0 or beta. So the reinstallation will not take too long.

Or you open up a support ticket. Dont forget to attach your log file to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You did! Without your help I wouldn't have been able to do the Updater.exe commands, it was very nice of you showing me that help page.

By the way, the repair took me back to 1.5.5 from 1.5.6

I was so frustrated for not being able to fly my new P-51D, now I will enjoy the training lessons and missions. Love this plane and hope to master it in time.

Again, thanks!

Edited by artmustel