The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't buy this one! This is probably F-44, the F-22 successor.

okay, how about this then :p

PAK_fa_by_galm11.jpg

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

maks200915.jpg

This one can be used as an UCAV too.

Also check out the huge nose - it`s designed for the latest AESA radars. Though these can be used only when there is no pilot (UCAV mode) due to the size of the radar and the small cockpit. But this problem will be adressed soon as the new project "Battle midget" is completed - it`s a training program for small sized pilots which will allow the use of the new AESA radar in both modes - manned and unmanned.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No I don't buy this one! This is probably F-44, the F-22 successor…

…inspected by Chinese military men after invasion in USA.

794840m.jpg

By the way UFOs sighted in East China:

http://english.cctv.com/20090828/101099.shtml

At about 10 pm on the evening of August 23, a UFO appeared in the sky above Beibei Binjiang Road in Chongqing. The UFO was "V" shaped and its color changed in the order of red, blue, green, yellow and white at short intervals. Hundreds of people watched but no one heard any sound produced by engines or propulsion equipment.
PAK FA flight tests begins…

So what's the actual news here?

A prototype T-50 is 'reported' to have been constructed?

Or a mock T-50 is 'reported' to have been constructed to ground-test? (I take it that means wind tunnel/radar range for LO testing)

(I had the impression from the word usage in the Topic Title that a prototype had been made that could obviously fly)

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Actually the news are just the link that boobytrap provided - with the picture of PAK-FA`s AESA radar. Everything else is as it was: no photo of the real aircraft, it is expected to begin flight tests in november/december. That`s it.

Oh and that UFO looks interesting too bad we don`t have a picture from a closer distance.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh and that UFO looks interesting too bad we don`t have a picture from a closer distance.

I don't think you'll ever get a real good pic of UFO! Not to mention a 3D blueprints...

Sorry for OT; but yeah, this could be Chinese Aurora!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Oh no, now F-22-F-35 hybrid :doh:

The closer it is to YF-23 the better, it has one of the most stealthy intakes-engines-nozzles configuration. Sweet baby, the americans rejected you :mad:, I hope the russians will adopt at least part of you :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually the F-22 intakes are very stealthy ... S-Shaped ducts to hide the engines and the intakes are lined up correctly in terms of angles to not destroy stealth ... the F-23 lost for a couple reasons.

One was, IIRC, the payload was actually smaller than that of the 22, and there were no dogfighting missile accomodations. It may also be the case that the radar antenna could have been smaller, as well as overall less space for expansion. In theory, you might be able to fix some of this during implementation ... and, no vectored thrust.

The second big thing was that it used too many unproven structural concepts and advances. Although the F-22 actually uses those now, back then they were deemed too risky for development.

Also note that the F-22 barely resembles the YF-22 which won the fly-off ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeah the smaller payload is an issue. But it was more stealthy than YF-22 at least from what i`ve read, and had much lower IR signature due to the nozzle design. The lack of TVC would mean mainly BVR tactics, which by the way is the goal of F-22 today. :)

Basically I would be very happy if PAK-FA takes the best from both F-22 and YF-23. And I still haven`t given all hopes of seeing YF-23 in the form of some future bomber for USAF as we have seen similar projects presented by Northrop (FB-23/Interim bomber; SHARC)...

Edit: What I love about this bird. When you put F-16, F-22 and YF-23 next to each other you see the past (pretty conventional), the present or near future, and the future (advanced, unconventional almost alien tech appearance :) )

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah the smaller payload is an issue. But it was more stealthy than YF-22 at least from what i`ve read, and had much lower IR signature due to the nozzle design. The lack of TVC would mean mainly BVR tactics, which by the way is the goal of F-22 today. :)

I read this too, but it turned out to be propaganda. If there were stealth issues, you can bet they were fixed, it was probably a 'low risk' problem :)

Now, note the F-23 wing area and those ridiculous and beautiful ruddervators ... that thing, you might argue, might not even need TVC, but ... ;)

Basically I would be very happy if PAK-FA takes the best from both F-22 and YF-23. And I still haven`t given all hopes of seeing YF-23 in the form of some future bomber for USAF as we have seen similar projects presented by Northrop (FB-23/Interim bomber; SHARC)...

I think the PAK-FA will be largely original perhaps save for the stealth - it will be interesting to see what sort of concept they come up with for it.

As for the YF-23, it's done. The future bomber proposal will likely look nothing like the 22 or 23. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As for the YF-23, it's done. The future bomber proposal will likely look nothing like the 22 or 23. :)

:cry: There is still hope :D

A possible NGB Northrop design - http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/photos/photopage.jsp?plckPhotoID=14b885e0-02cb-412c-aa3c-d3a7027d15ed&plckGalleryID=b1746a72-fce6-489c-9afe-50a1413a668b

Almost sure that won`t be the final look but still closely resembles YF-23.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_generic.jsp?channel=dti&id=news/DTI-Bomber.xml Another possible look - closer to X-47B Noooooo :(

Edit: BTW sorry for the OT posts but basically this thread is dead till some new info about PAK-FA is released or the long expected real photos appear.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Both US and russian designs had many similarities during the cold war, I see reinforced reasons to beleive PAK-FA when it materializes will look familiar somehow Given the budgetary limitations a proven concept would give a leverage for the basis of the design.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's nice that they get new modern aircraft, but that the government favourise Sukhoi over Mikoyan, leads me to belive that Sukhoi don't have to do the best, they can, because of no competition. Any remember Su-27K vs. Mig-29K?

But that's AFAIK.

Remember that all factories are now belonging under United Aircraft Corporation

http://www.uacrussia.ru/en/

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Perhaps just inner ducting changed for new engines?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P