Invisible trains in multiplayer

Bounder

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to keep this thread alive. I think the trains are modeled very well for use in Normandy and elsewhere. But as only the host can see in multi player they become useless. How magnificent it would be if this problem could be fixed so that all players could see as they travel up and down the tracks. They add a "HUGE" dimension to missions and are an unbelievable enhancement. Please consider making them available to be visible in normal fashion to all in multi player.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• Like 1

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

I love train busting.

It would be great to see the odd railway car loaded with ammunition and blow if hit directly. A damage model issue possibly.

Also, would oil storage tanks not ignite with 20 mm + with API?

• Like 1

I would first like for everyone to be able to see the trains chugging down the tracks...moving and visible...period.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• Thanks 1

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

In the 2019 and beyond trailer trains were really highlighted there so I hope that means they are receiving some love.

Edited by Al-Azraq
  • Like 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

The uses and implementations are almost infinite in mission and campaign development. Transportation of troops or supplies to and from a battlefield front, retreating troops, advancing troops and equipment, ... the list goes on. Certainly a scenario dynamic. Plus they add so much realism. Check it out by adding to a single player mission..

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• Like 1

Trains are even today at modern era one of the main transportation ways to get heavy equipment moved across the country.

And considering that if we would need to have a dynamic campaign, the main missions would be heavily about destroying the enemy infrastructure to supply their troops and move troops around quick manner.

So lots of sorties against bridges, mainroads, railways and such.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So I'm no mission genius by any stretch but this train intercept mission is something i enjoy flying on the allied side. Its a good quick one that tests flak and especially the train.

I got the original template off these forums from another user that posted it years ago. Forget Fellas name but very great full for it.:pilotfly:

WW2Traininterceptbeta1.4.miz

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the trains as they exist are very poor, but you can still have fun with them in a rocket Mustang. I find coming in astern at 4 O'Clock to the train allows less "lead" and a steadier target. Then stopping it with a hit is fun. Take your time to demolish it. Like you, I hope ED improve this model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping this topic going I just wanted to mention that with such a great network of tracks, rail yards, and models and which are available in all the maps, I want to ask a moderator or developer if there is a plan or effort to make the system viable and visible to all in multi player.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• Thanks 1

Keeping this topic going I just wanted to mention that with such a great network of tracks, rail yards, and models and which are available in all the maps, I want to ask a moderator or developer if there is a plan or effort to make the system viable and visible to all in multi player.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

I've wondered that for 2 years.

• Thanks 1

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

philstyle wrote:

I've wondered that for 2 years.

Maybe we will see this completed. Also thanks for your GREAT Videos. All well done. I'm sure you'll do one on trains.

Skyspin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing in the patch today mentioned or looking forward on the train situation in multi player..

Skyspin

• Like 1

Nothing in the patch today mentioned or looking forward on the train situation in multi player..

Skyspin

I hope that Nineline or Bignewy come here and address about this issue. Strafing trains is so iconic and could add a lot for MP missions. Also they look great in DCS and they are really underused due to this issues.

• Like 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

NineLine wrote:

I'll kick the can on this one a little and see what I can find, yes it would be nice to have more robust trains, especially with the likes of the Jug.

Excellent. As of now, modeling I believe is outstanding, however it's just not working fully in multi player. I have shared and uploaded 12 missions to the users files and would have included train scenarios in a majority... but its just not workable.(I have many more not uploaded). And yes with the release of the"P-47" along with the P-51 and the other WW2 fighter and bombers including the Axis Powers, visible trains in missions and campaigns will certainly fill a big void of expected scenarios.

Thanks NineLine for your help.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• Like 1

Yes, I asked the team if they are ready to get busy on it again, and they said yes, so I have started firing bugs and improvement reports at them, so I will let you guys know as we go along. Thanks!

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit