IFEI Fuel Flow Indicator going above 150

Headwarp

From the DCS F/A-18C Hornet manual

• Engine Fuel Flow (FF). Displays main engine fuel flow only (afterburner fuel flow is

not displayed). Range is 300 to 15000 Pounds Per Hour (PPH) with 100 pound per

hour increments. The tens of units positions have fixed zeros. When fuel flow is less

than 320 PPH, zero is displayed.

Prior to today's patch the IFEI never went above 150 per engine (or 15000 PPH) with max afterburner.

Today I'm seeing them get up to 383 per engine (or 38300 PPH per engine) with max afterburner while flying just above the ground.

Unsure if this is a bug, or if for some reason afterburner fuel flow is now being displayed on the IFEI and that part of the manual was a placeholder.

anybody?

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

It was definitely showing more than 150 before this patch - maybe 2-3 patches ago it changed.

I admittedly wouldn't be sure when exactly this changed, and could have just not been looking the last time I flew the hornet, as it's not my main bird when I'm flying MP for the time being.

Will have to go back and see if i missed something in the logs which would clear up whether this is meant to be or not.

*edit* Looking through the official thread on updates for Openbeta, unless I'm overlooking something the only mention I see that might apply to this is in the latest patch notes,

"Known Issues

The cockpit gauges may be broken. Will fix ASAP."

It was one of the first things I noticed when I jumped into the hornet after downloading the patch, so while I can't say for sure which of the previous updates introduced this I'm still wondering if this is "working as intended." or not. Not to make a big deal or anything, but just to point it out if something's wrong.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Showing more then 150 ffph is old feature for months. It was not introduced in the yesterday patch.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• ED Team
From the DCS F/A-18C Hornet manual

• Engine Fuel Flow (FF). Displays main engine fuel flow only (afterburner fuel flow is

not displayed). Range is 300 to 15000 Pounds Per Hour (PPH) with 100 pound per

hour increments. The tens of units positions have fixed zeros. When fuel flow is less

than 320 PPH, zero is displayed.

This quote isn't correct. It is for outdated Engine Monitor Indicator, that was used on F/A-18A/B.

But there could be some problem with indicated fuel flow, we will check and correct if needed.

Edited by cofcorpse

Showing more then 150 ffph is old feature for months. It was not introduced in the yesterday patch.

We've established that I might have missed the FFI showing more than 15000 pph in a previous patch. Still.. I don't see patch notes about it unless I overlooked them. Thanks though.

This quote isn't correct. It is for outdated Engine Monitor Indicator, that was used on F/A-18A/B.

But there could be some problem with indicated fuel flow, we will check and correct if needed.

Thanks :) I couldn't tell you one way or the other, just something that caught my eye. If the IFEI fuel flow indicator in game is correct at least you guys know to update the manual regarding it. :) Not a huge deal.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

• ED Team
I couldn't tell you one way or the other, just something that caught my eye. If the IFEI fuel flow indicator in game is correct at least you guys know to update the manual regarding it. :)

Thank you and I'm sorry! I didn't notice that this quote is from game manual.

Thank you and I'm sorry! I didn't notice that this quote is from game manual.

No apologies needed. I'm thankful you've given the thread any attention.

Spoiler