2.5.1 update 1 SLI cloud flicker

Clouds are fixed but wing vapor never shows up for me. Turn off SLI and it's there. Lex vapor is fine.

I'm not sure what you mean between wing vapor and Lex vapor, but I still see wingtip vapor trails in 2.5.3.21235 with SLI enabled (at least in F-15 and A-10C, the 2 modules I tested). Are you referring to something else?

edit: Never mind, I saw the new over-wing vapor effects in the Hornet discussions... (don't have that module)

Edited by prccowboy

The cloud flicker in SLI is indeed gone. However, I am not getting any scaling like I used to get. FPS not going above 50. In more demanding areas, previously both GPUs used to get to 100% usage and stable FPS.

Now FPS comes down to 30 and usage of both cards limited to 30%-40%.

I have a core i7 7700k @ 4.6 Ghz and DDR4 3200 MHz. I would appreciate some good advice.

this is what im experiencing. sli just does nothing or has a negative effect on fps. guess we will just hav to hold out for the Vulacan api.

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

this is what im experiencing. sli just does nothing or has a negative effect on fps. guess we will just hav to hold out for the Vulacan api.

Something seems to be bottlenecking the performance. The GPU usage should increase with demand and FPS should remain solid.

If both GPus are at 100% and FPS drops then its understandable that the GPUs limit has been reached. However its is very stange that GPUs remain at 40% and FPS drops to 30 in demanding areas. CPU usage also 20% to 25% max.

God knows whats the bottleneck. or may be we shd try old drivers.

Something seems to be bottlenecking the performance.

if a single core on your cpu is already maxed then additional gpu power isn't going to get you better framerates (and you will see your gpu utilization drop).

That said, what are your NVI profiles? what SLI compatibility bits?

Finally, and I'm just spitballing here, have you tried disabling Gsync? Although I don't use GSync myself, I have read about problems with SLI and Gsync in other gaming forums.

if a single core on your cpu is already maxed then additional gpu power isn't going to get you better framerates (and you will see your gpu utilization drop).

That said, what are your NVI profiles? what SLI compatibility bits?

Finally, and I'm just spitballing here, have you tried disabling Gsync? Although I don't use GSync myself, I have read about problems with SLI and Gsync in other gaming forums.

Hi. I have set CPU affinity to all cores. Previously, in 2.5.0 I used to get almost double performance with dual GPUs with no ill affects.

Cloud flicker was introduced in 2.5.1 which is now fixed. However, I cannot understand why the GPUs are not scaling now like before. I have tried multiple Sli bits to no vail. Also tried to force AFR and AFR2.

Regarding the Gsync, I have LG 120 Hz 55 Inch TV connected directly via HDMI cable. I dont think that the TV has Gsync capability. But lemme know If there are ways to check whether or not Gsync is interfering with my setup.

I have tried turing off Vsync but again made no difference.

Best Regards,

Hi. I have set CPU affinity to all cores. Previously, in 2.5.0 I used to get almost double performance with dual GPUs with no ill affects.

Cloud flicker was introduced in 2.5.1 which is now fixed. However, I cannot understand why the GPUs are not scaling now like before. I have tried multiple Sli bits to no vail. Also tried to force AFR and AFR2.

Regarding the Gsync, I have LG 120 Hz 55 Inch TV connected directly via HDMI cable. I dont think that the TV has Gsync capability. But lemme know If there are ways to check whether or not Gsync is interfering with my setup.

I have tried turing off Vsync but again made no difference.

Best Regards,

I am still getting great scaling using the settings I posted before, HERE

However, I am still using the 385.69 drivers...

GSync settings are available in either Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Profile Inspector.

hmmn, im on much more recent drivers, maybe thats the reason

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

I am still getting great scaling using the settings I posted before, HERE

However, I am still using the 385.69 drivers...

GSync settings are available in either Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Profile Inspector.

I will both try the sli bits and install previous driver.

Can u please confirm whether you are on open beta or stable.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think stable version updates are lagging behind a bit. Its also a possibility that the latest update of beta has solved the problem.

Today evening I will try the bits and previous drivers. The oldest drivers available are 387.92.

yea, we've tried nv control panel, nv inspector, multiple profiles, it just doesn't scale for us anymore

yea, we've tried nv control panel, nv inspector, multiple profiles, it just doesn't scale for us anymore

Yes this is very much true. I have spent hours and hours in the last few days from trying to old drivers to various sli bits and tweeks. Its not scaling anymore. My FPS is stuck at 47 not matter what I do. In short negative scaling with SLI.

Its something to do with the game engine its self. It doesnt support multi GPU anymore.

Keeping in view the graphics in DCS, Multi GPU support is a must.

Its not scaling anymore.

it just doesn't scale for us anymore

Not sure what to say. It is still scaling for me with NO cloud flicker in build 2.5.3.21235

Example Benchmark:

With SLI: 88 fps

No SLI: 52 fps

I may try to update my build next week to see if there is something in the newer builds that killed SLI, but I'm happy with SLI performance and quality in 2.5.3.21235

Not sure what to say. It is still scaling for me with NO cloud flicker in build 2.5.3.21235

Example Benchmark:

With SLI: 88 fps

No SLI: 52 fps

I may try to update my build next week to see if there is something in the newer builds that killed SLI, but I'm happy with SLI performance and quality in 2.5.3.21235

please share your hardware.

I have a core i7 7700k @ 4.6 Ghz and DDR4 3200 MHz. I would appreciate some good advice.

Hmm, I wonder if your PCI lanes are getting saturated with that 7700k and SLI with DCS. Do you have anything else using PCI-e?

I've read conflicting opinions whether the limited PCI-lanes on the 7700 will impact performance in SLI

edit: I noticed that both you (Drag80) and Snowblind are running cpu's with 16 PCI lanes - again not sure it there is a bottleneck there or not - just thought I would raise the possibility. FYI: I'm running an old i7-3930k@4.5 (with 40 pci lanes)

Edited by prccowboy

while this is a possibility, sli does not seem to be bottle necked in other games by the 16 pci lanes, so i cant see dcs being massively different, i just think its the build we are running that doesn't benefit from it.

Hmm, I wonder if your PCI lanes are getting saturated with that 7700k and SLI with DCS. Do you have anything else using PCI-e?

I've read conflicting opinions whether the limited PCI-lanes on the 7700 will impact performance in SLI

edit: I noticed that both you (Drag80) and Snowblind are running cpu's with 16 PCI lanes - again not sure it there is a bottleneck there or not - just thought I would raise the possibility. FYI: I'm running an old i7-3930k@4.5 (with 40 pci lanes)

Same system used to run DCS perfectly fine on sli with approx 80% boost. But that was before 2.5.1. As soon as 2.5.1 came the scaling stopped. As far as PCIe lanes are concerned, 16 lanes are even enough for two 1080 tis.

Something they did with 2.5.1 that stopped the scaling. Looking forward for a solution. Am missing the sli performance. Never did my fps dropped below 60 even on extreme settings.

As soon as 2.5.1 came the scaling stopped. As far as PCIe lanes are concerned, 16 lanes are even enough for two 1080 tis.

I've always had the same SLI scaling performance from 2.5.0 thru 2.5.3.21235 (I will try the latest build as soon as I can - but it is a pain from my current location to update with a capped bandwidth), but my point being that I still get a very good performance boost in SLI so I don't *think* the builds after 2.5.1 impacted SLI scaling (but you have very different hardware and drivers)

yes, SLI is possible with your 16 pci lanes, but my point is that you are running x8/x8 not x16/x16 (I have seen benchmarks that show this will make a difference at higher resolutions and load)

post your NVI settings, maybe we can find the issue there.

I just updated to 2.5.3.22176. SLI is still scaling great for me and with no cloud flicker in this build.

I think your issues are not DCS build related. As I mentioned before, post your NVI profiles and maybe we can figure out if there is something wrong in your config.

I just updated to 2.5.3.22176. SLI is still scaling great for me and with no cloud flicker in this build.

I think your issues are not DCS build related. As I mentioned before, post your NVI profiles and maybe we can figure out if there is something wrong in your config.

I am thinking of uninstalling dcs, delete all traces and re install to the if it makes difference.

The updates might have messed up something.

If ur sli is working it means problem is not with game engine.

A far as drivers are concerned, its not possible for me to use older drivers as I play other latest games also. So latest drivers are necessity.

Today evening am gonna un install and re install from scratch.