104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Guys please be patient with Clean Sweep, I put it together as fast as I could to have it ready for launch day so there are lots of features still to be included.

F-5 will be added to Red along with Iranian Mig29As.

Keep the requests coming in tho, I will try to get as much as I can done this weekend, I will also start a dedicated thread for the mission like I did with Longbow over the weekend once I get maps and stuff sorted out!

We moved back to sequential target areas after multiple users reported FPS issues which I suspected was down to the number of units alive at once but we will test this out again in future sir to see what the possibilities are. I am also adding in lots of long range High Value Targets for you over the next week or so that should give more options than just hitting targets in Oman.

Keep the feedback coming... IM NEVER GOING BACK TO CAUCASUS :D So your help in making the mission better for everyone is appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Amazing!! Thank you so much!! So for red, Iran is certainly number one.

For the RED side, 4 main planes. That is a large number of Iranian Mig-29As, F-5Es and Su-25s, Mig-21s and Mi-8s in large numbers

A small number of Russian Su-27s, Mig-29Ss and another small number of Chinese J-11s. Maybe 4 each

1 Kuznetsov and a few Su-33s (Only add these in the future after the F/A-18 comes out)

Egyptian Mirage 2000s

For BLUE side, lets add more factions but center the Middle Eastern blue factions

Large number of F-15s, can be USAF, Israeli, hopefully Saudi in the future if added

F-5Es of Saudi Arabia, USAF, maybe other NATO countries

Mig-29A from Poland/Mig-29G for Germany

1 CVN with F/A-18s (in the future)

French/UAE Mirage 2000s

1 LHD with US Marine Harriers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

One more suggestion.

Would you consider moving the AJS 37s closer to the front

(Al Minhad with the other A2G aircraft or another airfield in the area)

if not all of them then just a few,

Since while the AJS 37 can fly the distance from Al Dhafra with no problem

but placing it that far back penalizes it compared to the AV-8B and the A-10.

Since Flying from Al Dhafra makes it impossible to compete with the AV-8B for the Cas type missions since the AV-8B has a greater weapons carry capacity and the cruise speeds for the AV-8B and the AJS 37 are comparable (with heavier loads the AV-8B actually has the advantage and especially on the Gulf map).

So it does not really make sense to me why the AJS 37 would be placed back with the Fighters as it removes the only advantage the AJS 37 can have compared to the other air-ground aircraft for the CAS type mission which is the ability to get to and from the target very quickly using afterburner but starting from Al Dhafra removes this for the first sortie as even if you burn to Alpha a AV-8B will still get there faster then you and at that point you will be very low on fuel (even if you alternate AB stages to be more fuel efficient).

So Rack this up to 1 more "complaint" from the Viggen Fanboi :thumbup:

Edited by mattebubben

It's hard to please everyone I know, but maybe having a high value target 400nm away that requires refueling and killing it has some bearing on the flow of the mission could attract some more hardcore realism folks to the server. Personally I'd find more enjoyment tracking down and killing a strike package going for such targets or being that strike package and avoiding them.

It was actually pretty feasible to do this on some of the 104th's Caucasus missions if you were a fighter, and wanted to hunt some of the enemy's A2G planes. Op Leopard was especially good- I had lots of fun sneaking my MiG-21 past the F-15s, over the mountains and dropping down to attack the unsuspecting A-10Cs at low level- you needed a good head for threat avoidance (to get past the F-15 CAP- I generally got locked at least a couple of times every run, and those locks were probably accompanied by AIM-120s that I never saw but still managed to dodge) and careful fuel management due to the MiG's tiny fuel tanks and insatiable thirst for kerosene if you wanted to make it back to base.

Sadly, only some missions allowed this- some of the others seemed explicitly designed to stop fighters from attacking the ground attackers, with numerous blue TOR systems surrounding every blue ground attack objective and vice-versa for the red side, so even if you were good at avoiding the bigger SAMs you'd be shot down by SHORAD near your own ground units!

Clean Sweep is a great mission so far. Loving the Red side but things may change when the F/A-18 arrives! Coming for a slot on the team whenever that will open!

Couple slots on RED side for the J11A need addressing. I believe the very first slot which sits in the middle of the spawn airbase, is enclosed and the user has to taxi through the dirt to get to the runway.

You guys continue to set the bar for a PvP server. Always a pleasure flying on the 104th!

104cdt_SharKen

Catch my streams on Twitch:

Clean Sweep is a great mission so far. Loving the Red side but things may change when the F/A-18 arrives! Coming for a slot on the team whenever that will open!

Couple slots on RED side for the J11A need addressing. I believe the very first slot which sits in the middle of the spawn airbase, is enclosed and the user has to taxi through the dirt to get to the runway.

You guys continue to set the bar for a PvP server. Always a pleasure flying on the 104th!

Still thinking about those 2 R-77's you sent into my face in that merge last night, you reds put up a great fight :)

I'm sorry guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is wrong with your server? I mean when I log in it freezes. When I spawn, it takes about 10 minutes to get more than 1 FPS. In this "freezy" time I can't alt tab out, I can't hard close DCS, I can't use the task manager either. I have an SSD and every other server and mission loads perfectly fine. :(

how do you plan to implement the hornet into the mission? carrier spawn could be very full with only two catapults available......anyway...where is the spawn on the carrier? elevator? hangar? on deck? i think beeing crashed while taxiing by ****ed landers will become normal busines.

I'm sorry guys, I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is wrong with your server? I mean when I log in it freezes. When I spawn, it takes about 10 minutes to get more than 1 FPS. In this "freezy" time I can't alt tab out, I can't hard close DCS, I can't use the task manager either. I have an SSD and every other server and mission loads perfectly fine. :(

yes me too reflected, but it boots me to the main menu page after 10 or 15 minutes. My ping to the server is only 63, so I don't think it's a connectivity issue, I fly burning skies, and aerobatics Caucasses that have a ping of 200 or a little more or less, and other Persian Gulf servers, so I'm bummed. I would really like to try it out but it wont load it.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was actually pretty feasible to do this on some of the 104th's Caucasus missions if you were a fighter, and wanted to hunt some of the enemy's A2G planes. Op Leopard was especially good- I had lots of fun sneaking my MiG-21 past the F-15s, over the mountains and dropping down to attack the unsuspecting A-10Cs at low level- you needed a good head for threat avoidance (to get past the F-15 CAP- I generally got locked at least a couple of times every run, and those locks were probably accompanied by AIM-120s that I never saw but still managed to dodge) and careful fuel management due to the MiG's tiny fuel tanks and insatiable thirst for kerosene if you wanted to make it back to base.

Sadly, only some missions allowed this- some of the others seemed explicitly designed to stop fighters from attacking the ground attackers, with numerous blue TOR systems surrounding every blue ground attack objective and vice-versa for the red side, so even if you were good at avoiding the bigger SAMs you'd be shot down by SHORAD near your own ground units!

What I kinda envisioned is one or more factory complexes on both sides deep into their territories, maybe those complexes just happen to supply certain munitions (ehem, 120s R77s) those factories have a supply chain to the airfields. (Many people don't know that supply chains are available in DCS) and if your side's factories are blown up, well no active radar missiles for you until the factories are rebuilt and supply is restored. Set the rebuild time to something reasonable like a couple hours real time or so.

You could do the same for other highly praised weapon types or even fuel. Make it to where the complex is large enough that it would take more than one aircraft to take it completely out.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Thank you for getting clean sweep up so quickly, I have been having a great time on it so far. I know it is a work in progress but please consider my suggestion

Please make the ground objectives away from the main air to air area, this has worked for years and it is good compromise. This may not be the most realistic but the pick up group nature of the 24/7 server make it nice to have a reasonable chance of being able to loiter and take out ground targets and if the other side's fighters want to they can come attack us but they should have to go out of their way to do so

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

EMuOMRD.jpg

Hornet Introduction

-All public F/A-18C slots will be on Airbases in the U.A.E initially. This is due to the expected chaos over the first week of every man and his dog spawning on the ship and trying to trap before actually practising offline.

-There will be two CVN Carrier Groups in the Gulf of Oman. The USS John C. Stennis and the USS George Washington.

-Both carriers are available for the public to land at however only 104th members will be able to spawn aboard the USS George Washington.

-From the start of next week we will place the public US Hornets on the Stennis however until then anyone wanting to conduct naval operations in the server will have to takeoff from an airbase and transit to the carrier group in the Gulf of Oman, trap and then rearm.

-We plan to do this simply to try and avoid the foreseen chaos on the decks and give clients who have practiced getting on board the chance to operate from the ship in some sort of safety without clients who have not practiced spawn in around them to make their first attempts... If you don't make it on to the boat... you don't make it off again :)

-Canadian, Australian, Finnish, Spanish and Swiss Hornets have all been added to Al Minhad AB.

-All public US Hornets are temporarily based at Al Maktoum Intl.

-We do not plan to introduce the F/A-18C on the Red side in Operation Clean Sweep due to the lack of IFF at this EA stage.

Mav

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Are you planning to add additional Targets for the F/A-18C?

(Such targets would also be very suited to the AJS 37)

Targets such as Supply depots,Cargo ships in Port or infrastructure etc

(Maybe some Iranian Oil Fields or offshore oil rigs?)

defended by AAA and Older Radar sams like the hawk,SA-3 and SA-6 etc.

Since i know im not alone in wanting to do more air-ground in the Hornet but with the current armaments options the current CAS type missions are not perfect as its not as enjoyable or suitable to hunt tanks / vechiles defended by IR sams with unguided bombs / rockets as that is a task more suited for the A-10 and AV-8B at the moment.

So placing some Appropriate targets in Northern Oman or on some of the Islands (perhaps even on Qeshm) defended by AAA and Radar sams would give the F/A-18C pilots more opportunities to use the F/A-18C in its true multi-role capacity.

Also this would not be a post of mine if i did not include something about the Viggen...

Now with the Addition of even the F/A-18C to the forward airfields could we please have some of the AJS 37s moved to one of the more forward airfields since now it makes even less sense to have the AJS 37 back at Al Dhafra.

Edited by mattebubben

can you introduce ground targets for the red side that are closer to the airwar areas? flying mirage at blue was a lot of fun because of AG and AA at the same time plus a tanker nearby.....now on red its boring flying AG missions with the mirage...and the tankers are also too far away and too few compared to blue tankers.

Currently MiG 21's are only airstart, can some be moved to ramp start?

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Nice =) i like the deep strike missions.

Now about moving some Viggens to one of the closer airbases

:smartass:.

So they too can do deep strike instead of being back at Al Dhafra.

Since the Viggens could use that closer base even more as they can only carry 1 bag and are unable to refuel mid-air unlike the A-10,AV-8B and F/A-18.

You dont have to move all just maybe 4-6 of them to Al Min or Al Mak.

#ViggenLivesMatter

Edited by mattebubben