Warehouses

Alpenwolf

ED, you really need to solve the issue with the warehouses, please. Every time there's a new weapon added/upgraded or an aircraft the warehouses are messed up. Fixing that, and especially when having lots of missions costs me 2-3 hours every time. This was the case last week and now yesterday too.

Please, look into it.

Godspeed!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I don't think it's even possible to fix this. A warehouse in game, when set to limited stock, has no idea that it's going to get a GBU54 in 2 years time or two minutes time.

That's before the many changes to GUIDs of weapons and fuel tanks that seems to periodically happen.

I gave up with warehouses a long time back. The concept is what we want but the reality is that the Resource Manager System was half finished, not good enough to use because of many little niggles (like this).

I don't know what to say, but I feel it will end up wishlisted, whatever is wanted. I can only see this type of issue being solved when the entire current mission table design is thrown out. Which will destroy any mission in existence anyway.

The correct solution of warenhouses will involve them held locally on the DCS installation, be accessible as a saved state, as part of a saved mission, as part of a redesign of the single sortie mission design that is currently DCS.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Quickest fix is to open the ME and set the messed up warehouses to unlimited stock for everything. Close the ME, reopen it, and the columns and rows should be back to normal. Then you can re-edit, but if you want each location to be different then yeah that will take a long time.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Quickest fix is to open the ME and set the messed up warehouses to unlimited stock for everything. Close the ME, reopen it, and the columns and rows should be back to normal. Then you can re-edit, but if you want each location to be different then yeah that will take a long time.

Yeah, exactly. But I have limited weapons in all missions and even limited aircraft in some. So it's really a lot to do, and it's not the fun part in the ME. Really annoying...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I try to keep as many things as possible the same so I can copy/paste. I edit one airfield and then paste to all the others.

Of course, it still doesn't excuse every patch breaking the warehouses.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I try to keep as many things as possible the same...

... and I always try to do the opposite to add more variety and dynamic to the server. Obvioulsy the more you want out of something the more work there is. And that's no problem at all. It's rather the intriguing and natural challenge of things to me. But when bugs start to burden you with extra work killing hours for nothing instead of progressing, they really start to drag you down. Just imagine all the years and the countless number of hours fixing those warehouses. One of the reasons why I took a break last year from DCS for about 9 months. And DCS is the only simulator/game I have or probably ever will. Norhing else on my PC.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments