ATTN Aeria Gloria, Vet Jeff pilots

sublime

Chucks guide is gold. theres lots of tutorials. but its the basics. We need some info and tips for more advanced features. Im talking digging deep, offsets, all that.

Any volunteers to start a thread to share our info - on advanced stuff. So no simple simple stuff, more like Tricks or the trade, how to use the UFCP panel and many features people wouldnt know about, other stuff

Aeria, I brought u up because you continually teach me new stuff even when youre wrong lol.

for example you thought (by mistake) my o2 prob was fixed by the emergency o2 lever. it wasnt but I didnt know there was one! so thanks! (serious! ) i didnt know a G suit plug had been added either

Am I gettting my gist across ? this isnt meant to be a guide on how to employ simple weapons

I want this to be how to use off sets, how to use weird or obscure functiions, the best tricks people know ( for example If I fight the US i take A LOT more chaff than anything)

Plus bad things, everything. I know theres so much more for me to learn. I can say exactly what because I dont know what it is! LOL.

I know the basics and beyond that. But lets say the A2G Radar. I can ID coastlines, can find ships. otherwise not so hot. tips? things like that.

things on jamming .IFF... I usually just turn mode 6 on as noone almost ever bothers with including codes..

come on fellas for the community

as I mentioned chucks guide and tutorial videos I thought itd be obvious Im not looking for 'how to shoot the BRM 90' or aka BASIC STUFF. Also final release or those manuals may be FAR FAR away and I think it silly not to collate knowledge now. if you disagree you can just avoid the thread?

Im looking for nuggets people dont know. Easter eggs. intricacies of IFF. When its appropriate. what if no code. how to use all the UFCP buttons. I.E> what a forum is for, a bunch of different peoples ideas of advice.

again I repeat I know how to use the search function, if you dont know what Im after spare me a link to say a quick guide or user manual. I read all of it

If you’re using elevation control in search already, be aware radar only has +30/-30 degree elevation limits, whereas many American planes you might be used to have close to +60/-60 elevation limits

I don’t know what you’re trying to find with AG radar, but be aware we only have MAP and SEA and GMTI fully implemented, with high resolution DBS/EXP modes still WIP, but slightly functional if you don’t need to slew

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I wouldn't consider myself a veteran and I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're after, but here are some things I found out that Chuck's won't tell you.

Best turn rate is at ~400 knots, clean at low altitude you can sustain an 8G level turn at that speed, which makes for excellent turn rate.

After you get a PL-5 seeker lock, lead the target as much as the missile seeker gimbal will allow before you fire, it tracks and intercepts way better that way.

If you're at high speed for BVR but still have tanks on, zoom climb or turn to engage with a high yo-yo, to be slow enough at the top to drop them before diving to accelerate again.

Angels 35 Mach 1.3 to 1.4 is do-able without tanks and is a very good energy state for BVR. Unfortunately, the engine seems a bit anemic at altitude so you don't gain much by going bigher, but has plenty of power to be competitive at medium and low altitudes.

Don't have much on A/G, but I'd also love to see what other "advanced tips" people have for this aircraft.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

I wouldn't consider myself a veteran and I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're after, but here are some things I found out that Chuck's won't tell you.

Best turn rate is at ~400 knots, clean at low altitude you can sustain an 8G level turn at that speed, which makes for excellent turn rate.

After you get a PL-5 seeker lock, lead the target as much as the missile seeker gimbal will allow before you fire, it tracks and intercepts way better that way.

If you're at high speed for BVR but still have tanks on, zoom climb or turn to engage with a high yo-yo, to be slow enough at the top to drop them before diving to accelerate again.

Angels 35 Mach 1.3 to 1.4 is do-able without tanks and is a very good energy state for BVR. Unfortunately, the engine seems a bit anemic at altitude so you don't gain much by going bigher, but has plenty of power to be competitive at medium and low altitudes.

Don't have much on A/G, but I'd also love to see what other "advanced tips" people have for this aircraft.

This and all knowledge is useful

Bvr works drastically better at 35 to 40k

If you’re using elevation control in search already, be aware radar only has +30/-30 degree elevation limits, whereas many American planes you might be used to have close to +60/-60 elevation limits

I don’t know what you’re trying to find with AG radar, but be aware we only have MAP and SEA and GMTI fully implemented, with high resolution DBS/EXP modes still WIP, but slightly functional if you don’t need to slew

I was messinng about with it seeing what it could do.

Ok heres tips ive collected. Use or not.. obv all wont be advanced to many

Bring lots of chaff if fighting weatern fighters

The sd10 works best at 35 to 40k

If you habe ground crew update ins then update data card and insert its a quick way of putting ur location in.

On ufcp theres a HNS. Button on right.click it and hit 2nd optuon usually ins+ GPS appears. Gps obviously is helpful

The datalink slave channel 199 i dnt find that useful

Channels 30 to 35 on waypoints are for gb6 36 to 40 for pp 65

59 is your home.field iirc. (Or is it nearest. Theres one for nearest)

When you flip right lower console switch to normal agter engine start... of your o2 fails totally goto below 10k and tuen normal to "ram air"

The checklists. If youre new go in a mfd under data and do the checklists. The things will change color when done perfect way not to forget things.

With yhe wmd7 pod.. if you hit LSS itll look for any laser lazing. So if you have a buddy or jtac lazing just wide that fov so targets in sight and hit LSS it should auto.atically jump to the target and stay there.

When landing give yourself the entire ru way. The jeffs floaty. Dont be afraid for a go around if you try it half down the strip itll end bad chute and all.

The BRM rockets are *ridiculously* useful. Near guarantee kill on appropriate targets.

***imterested in learning more about IFF and also the finer points of using gb and pp

Yes beyond yt tutorials and chucks guides.*****

The afterburner detent makes an audible click. Use this in flight to get your throttle just before ab if you like. I find it useful

Your HSD can be colorized for a map and have other things added or deleted.

I recommend mucking around in the mfds

*id like. Better explanation of oap and tot tools**

If you habe ground crew update ins then update data card and insert its a quick way of putting ur location in.

The datalink slave channel 199 i dnt find that useful

Ground crew INS position update is instant and completely separate from DTC. Just ask for INS, start alignment, put heading, done.

DL SLAVE mode only works if someone else in your mission is already MASTER.

Also I never had an issue with finding aircraft below me on radar or look-down shooting. Just use the wheel on the throttle to move scan zone, check target altitude from datalink if you have it. Set cursor at approximate target range, the numbers next to the bracket are upper and lower edges of the scan zone (in angels) at that range. If the target altitude is between those numbers you will find it. SD-10 is a bit weaker to notching and chaff than AIM-120, but has better range down low. Make sure you dive to point at the steering dot when you're ready to fire.

Sorry, don't know any advanced IFF use :(

VC

Ground crew INS position update is instant and completely separate from DTC. Just ask for INS, start alignment, put heading, done.

DL SLAVE mode only works if someone else in your mission is already MASTER.

Also I never had an issue with finding aircraft below me on radar or look-down shooting. Just use the wheel on the throttle to move scan zone, check target altitude from datalink if you have it. Set cursor at approximate target range, the numbers next to the bracket are upper and lower edges of the scan zone (in angels) at that range. If the target altitude is between those numbers you will find it. SD-10 is a bit weaker to notching and chaff than AIM-120, but has better range down low. Make sure you dive to point at the steering dot when you're ready to fire.

Sorry, don't know any advanced IFF use :(

Idk it can be pretty damn hard to get targets if youre high and theyre low and closish.

I have noticed setting the scan zones size (and therefore scan speed) can drastically affect if your radar sees contacts *at all*

I know how to use d/l. I set my self as master with ai. I just dont find it terribly earth shattering so far is all.

In my experience the grnd crew ins isnt seperate. Now im gonna look. Istr it saying update ins dtc parking position.. you hit that and the gc says update complete then you update card then plug in. Theyl complain if theres alrdy a dtc in or canopy clozed

Edited by sublime

Why is your DTC already inserted before you INS align? Doesn't make sense to me, DTC update and insert is last thing I do before taxi. Sometimes I load it while taxing if I'm in a rush.

How close are you when you can't see targets below you? 3-bar scan is pretty good in my opinion. Are you making the azimuth wider? That's not really necessary, I don't think I ever changed the radar from default settings.

Up to you, but for me DL is a game changer for every aircraft that has it. Night and day difference to situational awareness, seeing all AWACS contacts on the screen.

VC

One thing i saw with CM802 AKG, the man-in-the-loop variant which made it very very effective in anti shipping role:

When the AKG is launched, the mfcd on which it timer etc is, theres a button on the left labelled CRS. If you press it, it instantly gives you control of the missile, even before the distance countdown of 10nm. You can control the missile and bring it down to as low as possible just over the water. This way it is really low from a pretty far distance from a ship and the ships defenses cannot shoot it down. Do try it guys, ive seen it used to a very good effect. I think this tactic can be used against a sam site too if the terrain is plain enough.

Edited by MAKhan

i dont know if this useful for u or not but u can use T-pod in BVR it will help u to counter TWS shoots very early and u can keep your eye on your contact in case if he launch again its so fun

sometimes i use VS radar mode for helo not all the time but it can help i test it in blueflag persian gulf

u can rearm when u are removing your refuel prob to kill time once its done startup with asking ground crew for ins data then engine start also start align ask for DTC and u will scramble faster

One thing i saw with CM802 AKG, the man-in-the-loop variant which made it very very effective in anti shipping role:

When the AKG is launched, the mfcd on which it timer etc is, theres a button on the left labelled CRS. If you press it, it instantly gives you control of the missile, even before the distance countdown of 10nm. You can control the missile and bring it down to as low as possible just over the water. This way it is really low from a pretty far distance from a ship and the ships defenses cannot shoot it down. Do try it guys, ive seen it used to a very good effect. I think this tactic can be used against a sam site too if the terrain is plain enough.

Just don’t press that CRS button more then twice:) unless you want a ghetto proximity fuse!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Why is your DTC already inserted before you INS align? Doesn't make sense to me, DTC update and insert is last thing I do before taxi. Sometimes I load it while taxing if I'm in a rush.

How close are you when you can't see targets below you? 3-bar scan is pretty good in my opinion. Are you making the azimuth wider? That's not really necessary, I don't think I ever changed the radar from default settings.

Up to you, but for me DL is a game changer for every aircraft that has it. Night and day difference to situational awareness, seeing all AWACS contacts on the screen.

Well, I mostly play a converted DCE campaign since I used up all the other SP JF17 content.

when Im up, I noticed last mission by turning it from say 60 (full scan) to very narrow, 10 or 25 for whatever reason a gaggle of F18s/F14s were showing up that werent otherwise. IDK why.

the DL hasnt been a game changer as far as the info provided between planes. In the campaign Im playing we dont have awacs just GCI. sure when its setup like its supposed to it can be different.

Distance to targets is usually 60-30 miles. that seems to be where theres trouble up high. Good question about the DTC - I think in many hotstarts its already inserted and my last several dce missions have been intercepts with hotstarts.

i dont know if this useful for u or not but u can use T-pod in BVR it will help u to counter TWS shoots very early and u can keep your eye on your contact in case if he launch again its so fun

sometimes i use VS radar mode for helo not all the time but it can help i test it in blueflag persian gulf

u can rearm when u are removing your refuel prob to kill time once its done startup with asking ground crew for ins data then engine start also start align ask for DTC and u will scramble faster

TPOD is actually a good idea. as I said Im playing mostly A DCE campaign where i switched flankers out for Jeffs. so my oppo is USN.. the jammer aint all that, maybe Ill try the pod and see if I can spot those launches.

Is there a way to slave the pod to the radar lock almost like the TCS in F14b?

gold thx.

Also aerias response is interesting lol

TPOD is actually a good idea. as I said Im playing mostly A DCE campaign where i switched flankers out for Jeffs. so my oppo is USN.. the jammer aint all that, maybe Ill try the pod and see if I can spot those launches.

Is there a way to slave the pod to the radar lock almost like the TCS in F14b?

Set the TGP to SLAVE with MFD U3. It'll slave to the SPI or WP if there is no lock.

To add to your neat tips and tricks. Not really a Trick, but just noticed the Data page keeps a record of your (releases) of weapons as a snapshot of data at time of weapon release. 1,2,3,4 etc.

Pretty sweet, Didnt know that was there. Always finding something new and neat. Deka you guys rock !

now just finish Toss, Low Alt toss / Loft modes ;)

Screen_200915_235427.thumb.png.f46fe5038bf4d28150a4258090974350.png

Pro tip for dogfighters: the optimal AoA appears to be around 10° to 11°.

With no external stores, full CMBT afterburner I was able to keep a horizontal full aft stick turn at 8Gs while maintaining 405kts airspeed and 20.8 deg/s turn rate, so long as AoA was around that region.

While I don't have EM charts to confirm this, it would appear that this is the point in the graph where Drag and Lift meet; giving you the most optimal turn.

AoA higher than 11° just exponentially increases drag without granting much lift, so your best bet would be to keep the AoA below 12° at all times when dogfighting.

There is no "best turn speed" with this plane (or with any plane, really). Depending on your loadout and flight conditions it can range from 400kts to 480kts.

Much like landing, fly with AoA and match the speed with it.

Pro tip for dogfighters: the optimal AoA appears to be around 10° to 11°.

With no external stores, full CMBT afterburner I was able to keep a horizontal full aft stick turn at 8Gs while maintaining 405kts airspeed and 20.8 deg/s turn rate, so long as AoA was around that region.

While I don't have EM charts to confirm this, it would appear that this is the point in the graph where Drag and Lift meet; giving you the most optimal turn.

AoA higher than 11° just exponentially increases drag without granting much lift, so your best bet would be to keep the AoA below 12° at all times when dogfighting.

There is no "best turn speed" with this plane (or with any plane, really). Depending on your loadout and flight conditions it can range from 400kts to 480kts.

Much like landing, fly with AoA and match the speed with it.

In a clean aircraft, I haven’t done any tests, but looking at what other users have done and my own personal experience, and I believe LJQCN has said similar things, that max sustained rate is actually a little bit lower in the 350knot range, right were you can’t hold exactly 8G, but gives you maximum rate. I usually end up just below the buffering that starts at 14 degree AOA on the deck, but I agree that about 10-12 is a sweet spot. It all depends if you are going for max G or max rate, for max G you are absolutely right, it can sustain 8G really well at those speeds, just be aware that depending on situation you can push more rate and tighter turn radius at slower speeds up to a point. Obviously below 400 knots you can’t just hold the stick back all the way since ITR also jumps and is impossible to sustain, but if your easy on the stick I think you will find even greater then 20.8 degree a second turn rate once you get below 400 knots around 350, assuming we are below 15,000 feet.

I have some charts some users made that I can post showing the max rate at 350 knots, but since then the CL and CD coefficients were changed, so while they still feel pretty good to me they are probably not as accurate as they used to be, but as far as I can tell the changed coefficients affected the “resolution” of performance making performance changes throughout the AOA range smoother, but that’s just my thought on that change

For chart 1, I believe dotted line represents speeds that max available G can be sustained. They show about 23 degrees sustained at 350 knots, and 26 degree a second for ITR at 300 knots

E039E673-0075-47BC-873A-D67BCAA169DE.thumb.png.c1613a74d9870c7cb52b8810789fa341.png

CEEF4A99-929A-40E0-B9D9-6D372341E88E.thumb.png.5f5ebc3a64ad597ce370d76d88f8e483.png

2294E011-5499-4C76-B15C-1230CB873079.thumb.png.d996434a789a6cce3036769d4bc1621c.png

Edited by AeriaGloria