any chance of expanding a bit south to include Tel nof airbase and Tel Aviv? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-31-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
Mink109

Default any chance of expanding a bit south to include Tel nof airbase and Tel Aviv?

it will give the Israeli faction a much needed additional airbase(Tel Nof) and opportunities for more recreations of historical missions.
Mink109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
Oceandar

Since this is a wishlist I'm hoping not just Tel Aviv but go farther south to Egypt lol. Lets hope the map sell good enough that could make Ugra expand it further.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
desertowl

Any expansion towards the south of Israel would be stellar!
desertowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #4
BarTzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink109 View Post
it will give the Israeli faction a much needed additional airbase(Tel Nof) and opportunities for more recreations of historical missions.
The problem with expanding the map south is it will only give you more gameplay options if you go further down all the way to the Suez canal. This will require much more work and I'm not even sure it will pass the current DCS limitations.

This map is called DCS: Syria, not DCS Israel. In an Ideal world we could have Israel in the center with all serrounding countries, which will allow us to create more idf/iaf scenarios. It's not the case.

In all honesty, expending EAST is the way to go. More of the Syria / Iraq border to represent modern day ops vs ISIS.
BarTzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:08 AM   #5
inconnudiscret

Frustrating map...I’m glad we’re getting Cyprus, but I’d love to see more of Iraq, Israel and Egypt
inconnudiscret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:57 AM   #6
sirrah

+1

Just below Tel Aviv: Palmachim Airbase

Home of 124th sqn

Also would add some interesting landmarks/targets: Nuclear center and rocket launch pad

And if expanded to the south, maybe a little expansion to the east would also be within possibilities and Al Azraq AB could also be added

Hey... it's a wish list... one can always dream
System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote