A few question about upcoming Hind - Effects, GPS, coalitions

Maverick24

Hello to all Hind entusiast:),

last video with Hind over new Syria map brings to me a few questions about this module. I don´t know where I can get a proper answers, so I try luck here. I believe it will be interesting to each other players:

1. In the video, I notice a nice low speed behavior of speedmeter - vibration between 0 and 370 during hovering and low speed. This behavior is exactly the same as in real helicopter (Mi-24 and Mi-8 as well). What this kind interesting effect for example is planned (strong stringing during startup for example, moving DUAS system, etc)? Will be theese effects added like a update to Mi-8 for example? Many systems are same or simillar, so thats the reason of my question.

2. Will be GPS module added to a Hind or we will have to settled with cartograph?

3. I noticed a little bug (?) in coalitions in mission editor - I can´t have a Mi-8 under Czech Republic coalition, which is a little inaccurately. Do you plan Mi-24 (and Mi-8) to a proper coalitions (I know that Czech Republic have not a P variant, but still...)? What painting will we get? (It is too soon for this question?)

Thank you for your hard work, I cannot wait for Hind.

Best regards

Jiri

1- I don’t understand well the number one Q. To reduce vibration just avoid the hover in take off and do a run.

2- GPS is a 2D option if you purchase the GPS module. To work as 3D instrument probably will be ready for Mi-24 as 3D in furthers updates. Not a must while you always have 2D as second option.

3- Every full simulated module is In every country does not matter if they officially have it as IRL. About CZ country without Mi-8, Yes it is true, also Finland, Hungary, Bulgaria was found without Mi-8. Weird.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1- I don’t understand well the number one Q. To reduce vibration just avoid the hover in take off and do a run.

The question simply was it they intend to add this to the Mi-8 as well.

BTW I'm wondering what exactly causes this. Is it the rotor downwash blasting into the static pitot system? I can hardly imagine that it affects the dynamic pressure tube which is aligned purpendicular to the downwash. Then, wouldn't the altimeter also do crazy things as well as the VSI? Or is it turbulence caused by the pitot tube itself that leads to fluctuating suction on the dynamic pressure tube?

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I've seen Huey videos with head mounted cameras that are just as wobbly and vibratey.

Head wobbles is normal, like a very well designed suspension... I bet the person sitting in the co pilots seat did not notice the vibration as much until he watched the vid.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.