Modern Air combat

ebabil

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is very interesting, that MAC includes "parts of nevada and persian gulf terrain".

i would imagine, that implies that these "light" versions of the map, will be included in dcs world for everyone, as this would make more sense, than restricting it to MAC only.

if it indeed was restricted to MAC owners, you could still only buy a single MAC plane for a low price and get the lightweight versions of nevada and the gulf...

i'm not expecting too much of those small versions, but i assume, that they are good enough for training missions and similar small scale scenarios...

In our community we would like to see the option to differenciate slots. In a PvP allways the easy cockpit guys will have better advantage against the cockpit mouse ones. With the FC3 planes we do not have this problem. Now if both are named the same we won't know if the one managing a F5 is an easy one or complex one.

At least if the mission editor can block the use of complex or easy ones.. then is better.

But I like the movement to bring new people.. so more money for ED.

In our community we would like to see the option to differenciate slots. In a PvP allways the easy cockpit guys will have better advantage against the cockpit mouse ones. With the FC3 planes we do not have this problem. Now if both are named the same we won't know if the one managing a F5 is an easy one or complex one.

At least if the mission editor can block the use of complex or easy ones.. then is better.

My personal preference would be a slot for both aircraft, but then have the option to restrict it to the full-fidelity version with a checkbox. This would keep the slots down, allow both MAC and FF birds in the same flight, but could also prevent frustration or exploit as required.

Edited by Home Fries
added quote

My personal preference would be a slot for both aircraft, but then have the option to restrict it to the full-fidelity version with a checkbox. This would keep the slots down, allow both MAC and FF birds in the same flight, but could also prevent frustration or exploit as required.

Not a good idea.

What if someone want to restrict to simplified model?

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Will it be included in DCS or a new game?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Yea, it does sound better then "Flaming Cliffs"...:shifty:

I never got that name, tbh. I never even crashed into a cliff. Burning Fields would have made more sense.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

But I like the movement to bring new people.. so more money for ED.

What is this imaginary advantage you speak of? Short of entering a combat zone without having remembered to your master arm switch (your fault not theirs), by the time either is ready to employ weapons on the other all things are equal.

Two restriction boxes is good solution I think.

What is this imaginary advantage you speak of? Short of entering a combat zone without having remembered to your master arm switch (your fault not theirs), by the time either is ready to employ weapons on the other all things are equal.

Just weapon selection in the MiG-21 is enough to give the MAC aircraft a huge advantage over the FF version. In the FF MiG-21, you need to select between SAR/IR and select the proper weapons station, then set the proper cues on the ASP. That can be about 5 separate clicks that takes your eyes off the bandit and allows 5 opportunities to goon up your switchology. Compare that to what is likely one HOTAS click in the MAC bird...

Now if both are named the same we won't know if the one managing a F5 is an easy one or complex one.

Seriously?

As long the aircrafts has same flight model, it doesn't make much difference in combat.

You anyways are operating mainly in HOTAS principles, need to prepare carefully for your situation and it is all about flight maneuvers and simply pulling the trigger.

So if the other player can't flip a switch of the pitot tube heater or operate the radar modes with touch controllers (or worse, with mouse) then they are there to operate them with a keyboard.

As long their radars operate in same principle (no auto locking, no magical 100% certain radar lock) etc. It doesn't make difference in combat.

The full fidelity module makes you in the cockpit. So you are there to do the start-up, shut-down processes, you are there to tweak small things better as suited for you. But flying same, shooting same, and just less other functions.

So what does example it matter for many if someone can just hit cheat key for aircraft start-up, while you need to go through the process, if the average time for all that is set correctly for MAC version, so it ain't like 10 seconds for MAC Mig-21Bis and 30 seconds for full fidelity module owner to be able get it taxiing?

What difference does it make if the full fidelity user can use a controller to flip the F-5 nose wheel struts up and don, while MAC oner press keyboard shortcut for that?

I see the MAC to be excellent package to gift people who would want to fly, but are not ready to put time to read the 300 page manual, learn all about aviation, operating specific module and then buy the HOTAS and VR and all and then spend tens of hours more to learn to do the procedures to get stuff go BOOM.

Instead now you can gift 14 aircraft to a friend, who is flying with a simple joystick and keyboard or even just with a mouse and keyboard and have fun together. Get their interest triggered, lure them in for flight simulators and possibly they are soon buying their favorite full fidelity version of something to get more controls for it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I am a DCS Addict and I will buy absolutely anything they make... YES I am very excited about Modern Air Combat just as much as I am for the Yak-52, F-16, F-14 and who knows what else. The future is bright my friends and I have a sim for the rest of my life. If I am too tired to give a dam (Modern Air Combat). If I want to get real (DCS World)... Boots on the ground (Combined Arms). Having options is great!!! Now where is my wallet???

Edited by Kokomakak

They will be listed as different planes in the editor.

For example: MiG-21 and MiG-21 MAC.

Too bad.

Module-shaming is already present at servers. It will only get worse with such design.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.