FLAK Script Update help

NineLine

Hey Stonehouse.... can this script be modified to ignore ground units? I notice that i will get a script error if ground units are within the zones. its almost as if it is recognizing that part of "XXX" coalition is in the zone so it starts to look for an XXX aircraft but can't find one...

then error.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

3.3 - you think 3.3a will make a diff on the script?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Interesting. Ok it specifically handles differentiation on unit types in the script with the mist.makeunit table being limited to type plane. The suggestion to use Mist 3.3a as modified by Ajax is a good one as there are problems with 1.2.8. and Mist 3.3.

What error do you get?

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Edited by Stonehouse
checked the script after typing post so had to fix some parts of my answer doh!

I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow... Sorry I can't remember the specifics.

Hi Dooom,

I'm still interested in your error message but just an fyi that I changed one of my wip missions and started a Axis truck column outside a Allied flak zone (ie set up to attack red) and drove them through it without getting an error or flak explosions near the trucks. This was with both Mist3.3 and Mist3.3a. I personally have converted all my finished missions to Mist 3.3a as I found that it solved a bunch of errors to do with unit tables in my travels in trying to get Snafu's GCICAP script to work for me.

So........please post up the error but I reckon that if you try Mist3.3a it will quite likely go away.

Cheers,

Stoney

MIST 3.3a loaded... i made my blue flak zone covre the area where my red ground unis iwll randomly spawn in... error as follows:

2qixvuo.png

as soon as i ensure there is no overlap, no more error.

Looking back in this thread because I remembered something similar I'd experienced http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2059819&postcount=50 - so just curious do you have red units in the blue flak zone at mission start? Do you load the flak script with a ONCE trigger on time plus something? If so I think you are causing the mission editor trigger to fire (I'm guessing your condition is "part of coalition red" in zone what ever your blue flak zone is) before the flak script has been loaded and therefore you are trying to reference a table that has not yet been declared.

If you haven't tried already perhaps move the initialisation of mist and the flak script to the same MISSION START trigger with the do script file for mist first followed by the do script file for the flak script, all on the same trigger with no condition. Theoretically this trigger should load both scripts before anything happens at all in the mission.

If that doesn't work you will need to either refine your trigger condition to use groups rather than the part of coalition picking only the red aircraft groups or figure a way to start the red ground units outside the zone by either moving them physically or ensuring they spawn in after the flak script has been loaded.

I actually would like some extra conditions added in future versions of DCS if possible because I constantly run into problems with what's there and usually have to end up using pilot names or units or something very low level. eg the moving zone attached to a ship does appear to work for the flak script but the trigger condition is using unit in zone where I really want to use group or coalition. In my Wolf in the Fold mission I use a moving zone on one of the red cap groups to simulate their ability to pick up a target and call for support which triggers a scramble at an enemy airbase but then have to specify each possible triggering unit which is a pain.

Hope the mission start idea works for you.

Cheers,

Stoney

Edited by Stonehouse
  • Like 1

Bingo - ajax pinged me by Pm as well... i had my ground units randomizing BEFORE the flak script ran at T+60....

Everything i working perfect now. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• 2 weeks later...

just a cross post to the time of flight flak scripts so people can find all of the bits more easily

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125774

I'm thinking I will eventually integrate both scripts so tof, vector and fill flak are in the one script.

<edit>

Scripts now integrated into a single module giving you fill, vector and tof based flak. Doco within the script has been updated to (hopefully) make everything clear. See http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2097638&postcount=7

Edited by Stonehouse

• 6 years later...

Hi Lurkingbadger, here is one using vecflak and addtgt created by a squadron pilot for us in our Sunday co-ops.

For our Vietnam War server I am using fill because I cannot get vecflak and addtgt to work with the much more complex (stuff I screwed up) multiplayer server mission. Something I am doing wrong but I cannot figure it out. So I know both ways works.

Operation Linebacker II - Mission 2 - Radio Silence - MP 0.11.miz