ATC

ebabil

Hi guys,

I am using ATC button for only level flights and formations.

Can this mode be used for carrier/airfield landings and aerial refueling?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi guys,

I am using ATC button for only level flights and formations.

Can this mode be used for carrier/airfield landings and aerial refueling?

AFAIK, auto pilot systems in present Hornet is not yet fully implemented to handle landing in auto mode. Still wip.

For aerial refueling, it is possible to use ATC.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I've used ATC successfully for refuelling. I put the tanker on my radar to get his speed. When I closed in I set ATC 1 NM faster to creep up. Got me into the basket but had to release ATC after connect to keep correct and that gets a little difficult because the throttle adjustment at disconnect is not always a smooth one. I find it easier (and quicker) to just do manually. At first I was struggling and thought ATC would provide the needed magic, not so. Just practice and it will come. I'm still pretty new at it, and can tell you as a newbie, that manual throttle is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I"m having so much trouble with Refuelling OMG

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I"m having so much trouble with Refuelling OMG

For me it was IMPOSSIBLE to refuel.

One day I said "I need to practice this". I've spent I don't know..., an hour maybe more until I could do it consistently.

Then day after day I practiced at least 1 refueling and now I can refuel without major issues.

The trick is not to focus on the basket but in the tanker, flying in formation, as you come closer you approach to the basket with your peripherial vision.

Try to approach slowly and steady.

Now I can do it in one go. The F-18 is much easier than the Harrier because you have the probe in front of you.

Its just practice, if you can't maintain the same distance from the tanker, practice flying in formation for several minutes.

Edited by Ignition