Status? Worth it? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #21
Koriel

There are Modules.. a single entity that can be used everywhere. Like planes that can be flown on any map. WW2 asset pack that can be used on any map.

And there are aircraft modifications. Like installing a GPS in a specific plane.

When ED called the GPS a module, and never specifically specified that the purchase was only for the Mi-8. Yes at that time it only worked on the Mi-8, but it was already known that it would work on the L-39 in the future as well.

So, yes ED dropped the ball when they initially released the NS 430. They should have sold it as an improvement on a specific module, and not as a module in itself. That initial oversight can be corrected of course. And now they have done so.
Except that leaves me as a legacy owner of nearly all modules feeling like I've been cheated by ED. And ED can argue all they want, just the fact that there is so much uproar about this issue means that even though ED thinks it's in the right, their customers don't think so.
The message was not received in the way it was apparently intended.

I have followed the forum, Facebook and Reddit over the last 20+ hours. And what I have seen is very disturbing and worrying.

DCS as a franchise is dealing with a limited number of customers. People who are passionate about flightsims, vocal, and some of whom have spend well over $1200 to 1400 on ED products. Those are the people who pay your salaries!

This is exactly NOT the way you treat your customers.

Since there is so much uproar, The messenger (ED) must have miscommunicated in the past, otherwise this issue wouldn't have been raised. No big deal. As long as you deal with it as a company who values it's customers. You address the issue, you apologize, and you try to make it right.

ED really needs to take a look at how it wants to treat it's customers.
Koriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #22
nessuno0505

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessuno0505 View Post
Is il It also integrated in l-39 radio systems and HSI? Are there specific integrated functions possible only with the 3d version or the functilonalities are exactly the same of the 2d? And why only front Seat and not both?
The title of the topic is "status? Worth It?". I'm asking questions about its status in order to understand if It worths for me. Is It possible to have an answer from whom has already purchased, or is this topic only to read complaints? If the latter, I suggest to change the title.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:37 PM   #23
Tippis

Quote:
Beside electrical, Is It also integrated in l-39 radio systems and HSI? Are there specific integrated functions possible only with the 3d version or the functilonalities are exactly the same of the 2d? And why only front Seat and not both? In coop multiplayer It Can Be good to have the man in the backseat to manage navigation. Just to Be sure if the pop-up version is enough to me or I Need the 3d too before purchase.
The only way it is currently integrated is that it exists in the cockpit. Coms don't function at all, and the nav and GPS tracking only works in relation to the NS430's own nav modes and localisers (and are bugged in many ways too, so that's probably for the best… ) — no outside instruments of any kind are affected in any way by the presence of the NS430.
Tippis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #24
nessuno0505

Thank you very Much! The product is still early access, and It would Be the First early access dcs module I buy. If this is its actual status, I think I'll wait before purchase.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #25
Emilio_Ger

I guess I will wait too, especially as the current 3D implementation needs the gunsight to be removed and therefore is not very useful in a tactical way. Hopefully it gets added to the ZA and can be used together with the gun sight.
Emilio_Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:02 PM   #26
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
The fact it was originally sold as a one time purchase for all modules
The fact is you're talking crap. The original comment was they were THINKING of adding it to other DCS modules and the pricing, etc. was to be determined. So would you please finally stop spouting this BS in every bloody thread about the NS430?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #27
nessuno0505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippis View Post
Coms don't function at all, and no outside instruments of any kind are affected in any way by the presence of the NS430.
Just a last question: is this the way It works IRL in l-39 or more functions are expected since It is early access?
Old 07-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #28
Galwran

I dislike the payment model (three versions) very much, but I got to say that the NS430 brought a lease of life to modules such as the Su-25. Obviously I was able to use the old navigation system, but that just brought me to the approximate target area. With the NS430 I get close enough to start an attack run and can spot the targets out of the window. It also gives me the ability to flexibly navigate to new targets during the mission. With bonus points it was like 6 euros.
Galwran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #29
cordite

In real life, the ns430 is a user upgrade; but i'm hoping ED adds coms to the L39 3d version.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #30
DeepDrummer

Quote:
The title of the topic is "status? Worth It?". I'm asking questions about its status in order to understand if It worths for me. Is It possible to have an answer from whom has already purchased, or is this topic only to read complaints? If the latter, I suggest to change the title.
I am running it (2d popup) on my warbirds.
In my opinion it is absolutely worth it. For me. Mind you, I am only running the 2D popup version since the other version fits nothing I own. It gives a lot of useful information and I just scratched the surface yesterday. It took me about an hour into the flight until I was able to use some of the functions. It took me through the clouds and right over top of the landing procedure at the runway. I call that excellent value for the money. It is faster than using the F10 map.
I'll have to read the manual when I find it.
Handy Hint: Name your waypoints in the mission editor, 4 characters. I used Way1 Way2 etc. Those names will appear on the moving maps.

Buy it at your own risk and not on my say so. 3 bucks from bonus money 7 bucks all in. It's a no brainer for me.
Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.
"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth
DeepDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote