Degraded Su-27 aerodynamic lift - Page 33 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #321
jackmckay

I'm actually supporting my collegues from actual RL industry that actualy can't be taken unseriously in professional field and while not really having so much fun.. It looks more like job of Sisyphus but I cant actually say that I didn't try to warn ED of its (deliberate?) mistakes. My conscience is clear. It's up to ED to deal with incomming tidal wave of complaints. Also, I'm finishing my drawings so this could be called a little digression of a day.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #322
zhukov032186

The incoming tidal wave of complaints? I think you've already covered that singlehandedly
Old 07-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #323
FSKRipper

Sorry to say that but if you guys are the stars of the RL industry we would have no planes which are actually able to fly.

Remembering your unforgotten wheels on grass thread and Mavericks famous (or infamous?) tour through all the FM's of the Mirage, the F-15 and now the Su-27 (beat me if I forgot one ) I have more than serious doubts that anybody of you two guys is more than an aeronautics student in the second year. I could be horribly wrong but this would not make it better in any case...

As it was said before, you guys were never able to prove ED wrong and in dubio pro reo…
Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #324
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSKRipper View Post
Sorry to say that but if you guys are the stars of the RL industry we would have no planes which are actually able to fly.

Remembering your unforgotten wheels on grass thread and Mavericks famous (or infamous?) tour through all the FM's of the Mirage, the F-15 and now the Su-27 (beat me if I forgot one ) I have more than serious doubts that anybody of you two guys is more than an aeronautics student in the second year. I could be horribly wrong but this would not make it better in any case...

As it was said before, you guys were never able to prove ED wrong and in dubio pro reo…
This is just getting.....mmm

aeronautics student? Don't think so, if they had any idea they would be more professional less condescending and use real documentation and actually "show ED" how it could be modeled better and what's missing and how ALL these simulations should be as good as he "thinks it should" and all run together and still all run perfectly on our home PC's. (ED is adding the Valkan API for headroom)

Just backseat armchair engineers, nitpicking on everything with very vague statements and idea's, it's borderline tolling in every thread that gets started. stuck on grass etc. Many of the things you post will get better in the sim at some point. I'm sure many of the dedicated coders and engineers at ED would love to make much of these little things better. You have to balance it all out tho and still move forward as a company to stay in business.

Maverick Su-35S

I'm not going to go on about those other sim's you posted as we don't do that here. They are great for what they do, when it comes to modelling edge of envelope and helicopter flight they fail. The ww2 one is not bad, still feels way to easy for a prop plane and I do follow guy's that are very into that sim and point out many faults, it's still a great "game" to play. ED needs this too and are making parts of the sim a better for "game play", this is also why they need the Valkan API for more headroom.

DCS for me feels way more alive than other sims and convinces "me more" that I'm flying a real aircraft in the air and the choppers even more so. This all comes back to how much modelling go's into building up these FM's.

They also have many commercial contracts and some use the software and FM in D level sim's. mi-17, mi-8 AVIA traning & Simulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post
Building from scratch, no reference to other engines, prefer just being original and not to be possibly misguided. Ready on vulkan api, setting up workflow schematics, also seting up dynamic tessellation on terain model-found great samples for vulcan, second level refinement over procedural terrain is a must, coding gui framework, importing dummy OBJs.. Seting up trajectory engine is next big step after this above is set and ready.. We'll see..
I would still go with the JSB Sim open source flight dynamics model software for the physics, this has been around and worked on for a long time.

Have fun.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe
500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library. Awesome PDF guides for getting up to speed with aircraft quickly and great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #325
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post
all actions learned and all muscle memory gained by playing this game could lead to misleading actions and/or loss of life and physical damage to real life assets if commited in reality. ED does not guarantee viability and accuracy of FM in comparison to actual performance data of referenced flight models. Use at your own risk!
I don't see the problem here... you think you can train perfect muscle memory with a desktop simulator ? And that you can have a 1:1 FM ?

For me this particular statement (without the first whiny bit) is quite a good disclaimer that could be applied to any desktop software/SIM.

Are you using DCS to practice before flying the real air-frames ? If it is what you are doing, I'm sorry but you are doing it wrong.

As I said before :

If you think you can do a better SIM in less time, DO IT.

If you think that ED is doing false advertising and that it should be reported to authorities, DO IT.

But stop with the empty threats.

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Last edited by myHelljumper; 07-16-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #326
Vitormouraa
Veteran

If you don't have an engineer degree, you're out of discussion. Ok.

That's why nobody gives you any attention.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 07-18-2018, 12:41 AM   #327
WarrenSkip

Think this is simple enough:
jackmckay and maverick, where is your evidence for such claims? When I say evidence, I mean concrete data that show the faults that you highlighted, such as the ones you list in your paragraphs. You claim a lot of things are wrong, so would like to see evidence. A refusal or no possession of concrete data (evidence) should warrant an end to any discussion on this thread and it should be closed. Thank you.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:59 AM   #328
NineLine
Community Manager

Closing this for now, I am linking this to Yo-Yo, if he wants to reply or respond, or feels there is anything that needs to be discussed I will open it again. He was away in Duxford, so may not be able to look right away.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread