Trees visibility broken in NTTR? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-30-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
msalama
Veteran

Default Trees visibility broken in NTTR?

I'm using the same settings for every map (well obviously) and while the others (Persian Gulf, Caucasus, Normandy) are just fine, NTTR suffers from trees popping up / rapidly growing in front my nose something horrible. It wasn't like this when it was first released, so a recent(ish) openbeta patch must've broken it somehow; but am I the only one seeing this since no-one else is complaining?

So how is it with you folks - everything OK at your end?
Old 07-14-2018, 02:02 AM   #2
nessuno0505

Well, there aren't so much trees in NTTR, it's almost all desert… some scattered cacti and a lot of sand.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
msalama
Veteran

Lots of trees in the built up areas though, but they all just disappear a couple of kms out. The PG map, OTOH, doesn't have this fault, so there has got to be something wrong with this here.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #4
CodenameSection

I haven't flown on NTTR since 2.5 due to lack of SSD space so I can't see if it's just you but the Nevada map doesn't use the speed tree tech that Persian Gulf/Caucasus have so this might be causing issues with tree visibility range?
CodenameSection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
msalama
Veteran

Very possible, now that you mention it.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
inexus

Will NTTR get any more updates?
inexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #7
ebabil

yes you are right , trees look horrible indeed. they keep pop up
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #8
bradleyjs

I’m having the same problem - it’s getting to point that it’s unusable. I un/re-installed and deleted the fxo / metashaders2 data. Also, when I “Quit”, via the ESC menu, it just locks-up and I have to go to the Task Manager and kill the process, as it’s not responding.

The other maps (Caucus/PG) don’t have this issue, only NTTR. The stuttering is extreme in comparison. But, if I let the mission just sit for about 10 mins and do nothing the Quit option works about 80% of the time.

I’ve played with the Pre-Load Radius option and it seems to be ineffective. I wonder if the SpeedTree technology is the contributing factor (or lack thereof)?

Edit: I’m only running the OpenBeta latest version - 2.5.2.19682 (I’ve had this issue for the last several patches). I also updated to the latest NVidia drivers too.
Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Last edited by bradleyjs; 07-23-2018 at 12:24 PM.
bradleyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:40 AM   #9
msalama
Veteran

This is still broken it seems. Any chance of this getting fixed ever? Because as stated above, the map is largely unusable as it is now because the trees popping up looks so stupid and unnatural. And may I also corteously remind you that this is a DLC map we've paid good money for, so I do indeed think we're entitled to a fix...
Old 09-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #10
ebabil

has it done something about it yet? i haven't been playing it because of this problem and don't feel like playing it
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote