Alternative CSAR Script

Ciribob

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I´m creating a mission for the Hueys using this fantastic Script, and I find myself with a doubt about the radio frequency that the eyected pilot emits.

In the messages of location of eyected pilots, the radio frecuencies are VHF-AM or FM???

Are used for homing navigation to a radio signal, or ADF navigation??

Thanks.

Hi,

I´m creating a mission for the Hueys using this fantastic Script, and I find myself with a doubt about the radio frequency that the eyected pilot emits.

In the messages of location of eyected pilots, the radio frecuencies are VHF-AM or FM???

Are used for homing navigation to a radio signal, or ADF navigation??

Thanks.

The frequencies are in the KHz AM range so you need to use the ADF set in the Huey or Mi8 :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 months later...

This script is amazing work, as expected. Quick rookie question... is it possible to set a Flag value every time units are dropped off at the FARP or MASH unit?

The flag would the add Tickets/Points to a counting score. I'm in the process of learning Lua scripting so I apologize if this is a rookie question.

EDIT - I figured out how to set a ticket value

if _place:getCoalition() == _unit:getCoalition() or _place:getCoalition() == 2 or _place:getCoalition() == 3 then
                   csar.rescuePilots(_unit)
                   --env.info("Rescued")
                   --   env.info("Rescued by Landing")
				do
				trigger.action.setUserFlag("8111", 1)
				end

else
                   --    env.info("Cant Rescue ")

env.info(string.format("airfield %d, unit %d", _place:getCoalition(), _unit:getCoalition()))
               end]

New question, how could I set a Flag value for each pilot "Rescued" when landing at FARP? Each trigger is giving 300 tickets to a Coalition towards a final score.

ie. Each pilot returned to FARP will trigger point add

Edited by maverickturner
addition

• 4 weeks later...
This script is amazing work, as expected. Quick rookie question... is it possible to set a Flag value every time units are dropped off at the FARP or MASH unit?

The flag would the add Tickets/Points to a counting score. I'm in the process of learning Lua scripting so I apologize if this is a rookie question.

EDIT - I figured out how to set a ticket value

if _place:getCoalition() == _unit:getCoalition() or _place:getCoalition() == 2 or _place:getCoalition() == 3 then
                   csar.rescuePilots(_unit)
                   --env.info("Rescued")
                   --   env.info("Rescued by Landing")
				do
				trigger.action.setUserFlag("8111", 1)
				end

else
                   --    env.info("Cant Rescue ")

env.info(string.format("airfield %d, unit %d", _place:getCoalition(), _unit:getCoalition()))
               end]

New question, how could I set a Flag value for each pilot "Rescued" when landing at FARP? Each trigger is giving 300 tickets to a Coalition towards a final score.

ie. Each pilot returned to FARP will trigger point add

Check this post - shows how to get and add to an existing flag so you can count up

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2784672&postcount=97

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi guys, I've two question:

1) is it possible to change the height for the pilot's recovery? Now, with the colliding trees, if the pilot falls into a forest it is impossible to recover him, I would like to raise the minimum limit of height.

2) If during a recovery, the Huey pilot has to make an emergency landing, he can bring the helicopter to the ground but he suffers damage and can't start again, is it possible to proceed to the pilot's MEDEVAC?

I tried to perform the eject when I'm on the ground, the pilots come out but it is not recognized as a medevac request...

Tks so much!

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Hi guys, I've two question:

1) is it possible to change the height for the pilot's recovery? Now, with the colliding trees, if the pilot falls into a forest it is impossible to recover him, I would like to raise the minimum limit of height.

2) If during a recovery, the Huey pilot has to make an emergency landing, he can bring the helicopter to the ground but he suffers damage and can't start again, is it possible to proceed to the pilot's MEDEVAC?

I tried to perform the eject when I'm on the ground, the pilots come out but it is not recognized as a medevac request...

Tks so much!

Ok, question 1 and 2 solved...but now the problem is that when I eject from Huey, it counts 2 lifes lost (one for pilot and one for co-pilot I think), an this is a problem if the "Pilot Life Limit - No Aircraft Disabling" option is enabled. How can I solve it?

Edited by edokg

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Ok, question 1 and 2 solved...but now the problem is that when I eject from Huey, it counts 2 lifes lost (one for pilot and one for co-pilot I think), an this is a problem if the "Pilot Life Limit - No Aircraft Disabling" option is enabled. How can I solve it?
Sorry for the slow reply, the Huey triggers two ejections for the two pilots, a code change has to be made to work around this. Busy for the next week or so but PM me if I don't solve it in a few weeks :)

Sorry for the slow reply, the Huey triggers two ejections for the two pilots, a code change has to be made to work around this. Busy for the next week or so but PM me if I don't solve it in a few weeks :)

Hi Ciribob, thanks for your availability but I managed to solve the problem and it works fine, here the code:

if string.match(_unit:getName(), "MEDEVAC") then
   csar.pilotLives[_unit:getPlayerName()] = _lives - 0.5
    else
   csar.pilotLives[_unit:getPlayerName()] = _lives - 1
end
   end

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ciribob, thanks for your availability but I managed to solve the problem and it works fine, here the code:

if string.match(_unit:getName(), "MEDEVAC") then
   csar.pilotLives[_unit:getPlayerName()] = _lives - 0.5
    else
   csar.pilotLives[_unit:getPlayerName()] = _lives - 1
end
   end

Yeah, but when I eject it remove 2x0.5 lives, total 1, when I crash and die it remove only 0.5 lives :helpsmilie:...it's a problem.

How can we solve?

Yeah, but when I eject it remove 2x0.5 lives, total 1, when I crash and die it remove only 0.5 lives :helpsmilie:...it's a problem.

How can we solve?

I know...I've write to Ciribob about it. I hope he can help us as soon as possible!

Sorry been very busy

Will work on this and CTLD tomorrow hopefully

Sorry been very busy

Great news Ciribob, I'm waiting your work to fix this problem and the problem of CTLD (minimun distance to drop or unload) to finish a very big FoF mission!

Thanks a lot for your readiness!

Sorry been very busy

Excellent! If you need some tests I'm avaiable!

Sorry been very busy

Hi Ciribob, thanks for the CTLD's work.

Have you solved also the problem of Huey's life in CSAR script? Thanks!

I really hope in a solution this weekend! :smartass:

I really hope in a solution this weekend! :smartass:

Havent had time to test or change the version - away at the minute

But try this version: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR/raw/master/CSAR.lua

Make sure to save as .lua and it should work fine :)

TOP, tomorrow I'll test it and I'll report you.. Tks!!!

Hi Ciribob, I've now finished some tests. Now the script deducts correctly one life for the crash and one life for the eject of Medevac Huey. Well!

The problem is that after two ejects or two crashes of Medevac Huey the script stops run for the Huey (without any error displayed) and all others crashes or ejects are not considered, but for other helicopters or planes continue to works well.

I've attached the file I've used for the tests.

TKS!

CSAR New - Copia.lua

Hi Ciribob, I've now finished some tests. Now the script deducts correctly one life for the crash and one life for the eject of Medevac Huey. Well!

The problem is that after two ejects or two crashes of Medevac Huey the script stops run for the Huey (without any error displayed) and all others crashes or ejects are not considered, but for other helicopters or planes continue to works well.

I've attached the file I've used for the tests.

TKS!

Thanks for testing - only got back today so hopefully this version should work...

Still not had time to test properly but seems ok :)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR/master/CSAR.lua

Thanks for testing - only got back today so hopefully this version should work...

Still not had time to test properly but seems ok :)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR/master/CSAR.lua

Some tests done and it seems perfect! I'll continue with tests these days and I'll report you!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Some tests done and it seems perfect! I'll continue with tests these days and I'll report you!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

No problem - Glad to hear it works :)

Sorry it took a while, I've been pretty busy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ciribob, I've done a lot of tests and all works well. There is only one bug:

if the pilots of Huey dies without the crash of helicopter, the script doesn't recognize it and the only thing you can do is go back to spectator without the lost of life.

For example when you do an approach (to hot zone) very slow and very low, and someone shoot you, the pilots dies but the helicopter touch down without crash and the script doesn't recognize it.

PS. I don't know if this is a problem of last version of script or if there was even before.

TKS!

Edited by edokg

• 4 months later...

Hi, with the sale of helicopters I have started using this script a lot. First off thanks for doing great work on this script.

Is there a way to increase the hover height for CSAR? I understand rope length max is nearly 100 ft, however I found that CSAR missions are sometimes in forest locations where the trees are almost 200 feet high.

Or is there any other options for setting up the script to rescue pilots in these areas?