Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

IMHO it is clearly implied it's an aircraft, not helicopter.

Helicopters are aircraft.

I'd like a F-15C, but there really isn't anything other than speculation to go on, so I'll just be the boring one and wait for it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Here is what Matt Wagner said in October 2019

"Is there hope for an F-4 Phantom? If so, would it be off the mark wishing that the developer is Heatblur using the multi-crew experience and technology created building the Tomcat?

The Phantom is such a legendary aircraft that we will certainly simulate it. For now, we already have another aircraft (an eagerly awaited one) to work on after the Viper."

https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-ama-with-eagle-dynamics-senior-producer-matt-wagner/

Thanks! I knew I've seen this quote a few months ago! I couldn't find it though so I thought I was having a deja vu...

Helicopters are aircraft as well, that's why you distinguish between rotary aircraft and fixed wing aircraft. ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Phantom, LOL :megalol:

The Phantom is "eagerly awaited" by a small minority. The vast majority would be DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED if the new "hot" module from ED is gonna be any old aircraft.

Personally I would also be very surprised if it's a "full module" of an existing FC3 aircraft like F-15C.

Here is what Matt Wagner said in October 2019

"Is there hope for an F-4 Phantom? If so, would it be off the mark wishing that the developer is Heatblur using the multi-crew experience and technology created building the Tomcat?

The Phantom is such a legendary aircraft that we will certainly simulate it. For now, we already have another aircraft (an eagerly awaited one) to work on after the Viper."

https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-ama-with-eagle-dynamics-senior-producer-matt-wagner/

After reading this forum for more than 15 years, I'm convinced the majority are eagerly awaiting the newest and bestest.

Rafale, Typhoon, Su-35 - that's the kind of aircraft the majority are eagerly awaiting.

I say it's Rafale

You are not really trying to say, that more people are waiting for a Rafale than a Phantom? Sorry, but I will just lable that a wish than a fact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but I don't care about the phantom… Maybe we'll get an iconic aircraft soon (again): Panavia Tornado, AH-64 Apache, Mi-28 ... that would be something!!

But always under the premise that the existing modules are no longer in the EA and have a decent, solidly functioning level of development.

Edited by kotor633

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Apache is high on my list when I quickly reflect what I would like to see, but aside from that wasn't there a thread/poll on these forums somewhere on what aircraft you would like to see in DCS?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Gotta be the Mi-24,.. :thumbup: :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Gotta be the Mi-24,.. :thumbup: :P
Nope. That's already been announced. I'd like to see a 4th gen Russian fighter. ED was teasing the idea of an early model Flanker several years ago. Maybe it isn't as unlikely as people think. I mean, we do have the Ka-50 right?

The Phantom is "eagerly awaited" by a small minority.

Any supporting evidence?

The vast majority would be DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED if the new "hot" module from ED is gonna be any old aircraft.

Rafale, Typhoon, Su-35 - that's the kind of aircraft the majority are eagerly awaiting.

I find it fascinating how some people can magically know what the majority wants ... I'm kind of tired of these modern flying computers with smart weapons that allow any dumb pilot to hit targets with them.

Pilot's aircrafts are much more interesting to me, aircrafts like the Viggen or Tomcat, where their pilot must really know what he is doing, rather than delegating everything to its mission computer.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

My money is on a F-15. It only makes sense that they would finish out the teen series. Razbam eventually doing the E is the only thing that makes me question it. I'm hoping for pretty much anything else though. The teens are Toyota camrys. Yea they do everything really well but they're not very exciting or fun to drive.

The Phantom is "eagerly awaited" by a small minority. The vast majority would be DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED if the new "hot" module from ED is gonna be any old aircraft.

I am with you on that. DCS needs more modern goodness. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I prefer to think that this is just a way of writing. In the past, both ED and other development groups. They all like to use "great", "unparalleled", "expected" In fact, not all planes are surprising. For example, which stunt plane was developed by a development team? After it was released, no one around me ever paid attention to it

I prefer to think that this is just a way of writing. In the past, both ED and other development groups. They all like to use "great", "unparalleled", "expected" In fact, not all planes are surprising. For example, which stunt plane was developed by a development team? After it was released, no one around me ever paid attention to it

It was eagerly awaited for by the developer not the fans.

So when they say this; they mean the "DCS Developers" not the consumer base.

Their interest on some of items is not the same as the consumers or haven't you noticed some of the weird plane sets put out over the last 15 years?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

573432_original.jpg

Look at this image and mark the planes that are already there or announced.

For balance is not enough 4th generation Soviet fighter (Su-27, MiG-29), or 2-3 generation western (F-4E, Mirage III, F-100, F-104, F-105).

If we are talking about fighters..

Edited by strelok2014

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

F-117A Nighthawk

May not be enjoyed by everyone as a pure ground pounder with very limited loadout, but propably the only Stealth aircraft old enough (and out of service) to have a least a tiny small chance to be represented in DCS in the next few years. And i´d love to try that thing out in SAM flooded envroinments on a study level sim...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2