Japanese Asserts Series

Sonoda Umi

Note: this thread is only available for Modern-era Japanese Units, not for WW2.

Hi devs, very nice to see new free map - Mariana Islands. As we known, the Japanese Self-Defence Forces usually participate Joint Exercises in Guam along with their US, Australian and New Zealand partners. So, for making DCS more realistic, it is urge that introduce Japanese Units.

To make Japanese Asserts more likely to materialize, it can create AI units at the initial stage(s), then make some of them pilot-able. Both free and payment Japanese units should be taken into consideration.

So far, those units can be made:

F-15C Eagle(current status) with Japanese liveries as F-15J(JASDF 航空自衛隊)

F-4E Phantom(as ED planed module earlier) Japanese liveries as F-4EJ(JASDF)

T-4 Trainer, as AI unit initially, then as a pilot-able module.(JASDF)

T-2 Trainer and F-1 Support Fighter(支援戦闘機)as AI units initially, then as pilot-able modules.(JASDF)

P-3C Orion as AI unit.(USN, JMSDF 海上自衛隊, RAAF, RNZAF and etc.)

E-2D Hawkeye(current status as AI unit) with Japanese liveries(JASDF)

E-767 AWACS and KC-767 Tanker as AI units(JASDF)

SH-60B AI unit re-modeled with Japanese liveries as SH-60J, hope be a pilot-able module in the future(JMSDF)

Kongo Class Missile Destroyer(こんごう型護衛艦) as AI unit(JMSDF)

Shirane Class Helicopter Destroyer(しらね型護衛艦) as AI unit(JMSDF)

Murasame Class Destroyer(むらさめ型護衛艦)as AI unit(JMSDF)

PS: I know some of you guys will find that I omitted some units as F-2 "Viper Zero(平成零戦)" and P-1 ASW aircraft, and Japanese Ordinances as AAM-3(90式空対空誘導弾), AAM-4(99式空対空誘導弾), SSM-1B(90式艦対艦誘導弾). Due to data of those units are still classified, so they are not proper for DCS world currnetly.

Edited by Sonoda Umi
  • Like 2

If they are created they will never be more than AI assets. The Japanese MoD is stingy about manuals and other documentation. We'll never get full-fidelity indigenous JASDF aircraft.

At least, it is relatively practicable that create F-15C Japanese liveries as F-15J and F-4E Japanese liveries as F-4EJ in the future. Getting a few iconic Japanese units(as F-15, F-4 alone with a few AI units) is more than not any Japanese unit.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, Xilon_x said:

and what do you tell me about this? what plane is this?
it looks like a mix between a eurofighter and an f-22.

340?cb=20130402000339

329f6ae0c63ef33594d8c34d2666d985.jpg

http://www2.tbb.t-com.ne.jp/imaginary-wings/tenji/F2A/F2A01.jpg

That’s one of the early Fs-x concepts the domestic design. The domestic design and “maximum modified f-18” from mdd both We’re of a similar configuration. I think the Sx-3 design they went with is better to be honest.

Also their is a Japanese air to air weapons pack made by modern for air to air weapons online.