i had too ;)

rogonaut

please do work on the refraction being moddeled, those bars take up alot of the windscreen and approx 1/4 of the revi.

that would be a dream come true and a historical moment in flight sim aviation:pilotfly::thumbup:

Refraction of the armored glass infront of you.

Ok, i think i understand now. Thanks.

I wonder if this could be "faked" by just changing the geometry of the a-pillar, making it thinner. Should work for 2D, but could it look weird in VR... ?

• ED Team

"Oh show me the way to the next Anton's bar"...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

"Oh show me the way to the next Anton's bar"...
:lol: Completely unexpected.

Definitely, should modelling refraction be an unbearable toll in terms of performance (which I don't know with current game engine, might be possible?), a compromise like in Dora should be taken into account. The in-famous bar takes half the Revi… it's an annoyingly huge thing in the middle of your sight.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

making the frame smaller seems like a very straightforward solution.

I would also hope for a solution in that direction. But i dont think its that straightforward.

Making the Bar smaller would include raising the position of the whole cockpit, at least the internal model of it.

The outer Armor glass ends right at the cowlin. So making the glass thinner alone wont be enough, you would still have the engine cowling in the way.

I would also hope for a solution in that direction. But i dont think its that straightforward.

Making the Bar smaller would include raising the position of the whole cockpit, at least the internal model of it.

The outer Armor glass ends right at the cowlin. So making the glass thinner alone wont be enough, you would still have the engine cowling in the way.

are you sure though? on the pictures i found it looked like there were at least a few centimeters metal frame raising from the cowling.

if you could see through this, it would maybe mitigate the problem a little bit.

adjusting the whole model - and by this distorting it, since the view to the side would have to stay the same - seems to come with it's own problems. it would look totally wrong if you were looking around and getting a glimpse of the distorted section.

i could think of a another way of having the whole model with cowling and another instance with only a lowered cowling and then switching between the two.

i've sen things like this in other engines (unreal engine f.e.) without needing a second camera, so without any performance hit. (you basically swap geometry, depending on which "portal" you look through).

there is a contemporal story-driven psychological mistery game in unreal engine that uses this portals quite a lot for puzzles.