2.5.6 some graphics not rendered in L eye

Gryzor

• ED Team
Here is the tracks. With 3 differents planes, in all of them the gear light is bugged (viewed with valve index hmd), it produces headaches... with 2.5.5, those glitches didn´t happened.

Thanks I have reported this issue with landing lights

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
The cockpit lights in the P-51 only illuminate the cockpit in the right eye.

HP Reverb and latest open beta.

Works fine in Stable version.

Edit: this is with the options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true line in the autoexec.cfg

Seems ok for me in the vive cosmos.

I will ask others to test also

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I changed the true to false and the cockpit lights are working in both eyes again.

Thanks for letting me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever possible please, at least, mark this as a "REPORTED" (lighting illuminating runways). I attached the necessary trks along other users about double-lighting issues. Has been investigating since many days.

+1 - and I also have noticed that the left and right eye differ significantly looking at ships. The typical IPD seems off. Right eye ship looks like its steaming away, while my left looks like the angle is much closer to a perpendicular.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

From what I can tell, the general issue since 2.5.6 is that LODs are not switching simultaneously for both eyes. So at some distance and angles, the objects may not appear the same for both eyes, or even disappear in one eye. This also applies to clouds, shadows, some smoke effects, etc.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

From what I can tell, the general issue since 2.5.6 is that LODs are not switching simultaneously for both eyes. So at some distance and angles, the objects may not appear the same for both eyes, or even disappear in one eye. This also applies to clouds, shadows, some smoke effects, etc.

I think that distance LOD is another issue (I noticed specially with clouds and contrails, only rendered in one eye when vieving at distance - 40 Km or more -. In 2.5.5, those were rendered perfect with no issues).

However, I noticed that the bug related with projected light on runways only partially in one eye, surprising, has been solved finally in the latest open beta (2.5.6.45915). There is no mention in changelog.

I tested it with many AC: F-15, Uh-1, F-14, Su-27 , F-18, F-16 and A-10, projected lights in VR are quite better now, at least, projected equally in both eyes.

Experienced the light only rendered in one eye, right after the patch with new lighting system.

Deleting the fxo-, metashader- and metacache-files of the terrains and letting DCS recompile the shaders, did fix it for me.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Experienced the light only rendered in one eye, right after the patch with new lighting system.

Deleting the fxo-, metashader- and metacache-files of the terrains and letting DCS recompile the shaders, did fix it for me.

Thats because you have put in autoexec.cfg the line: "options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true";

Remove it or change to false.

No, it always stays at false for long time. I assume this code line function is of the earlier days of VR implementation in DCS and not of any use, since the distortion is controlled by OpenVR in correspondance to the headset driver.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Also noticed difference in how rotor blades are rendered at low RPM between the eyes. Left eye sees blades individually, right sees blurred blades like they are at high RPM.

Yes, there are many objects not rendered equally in both eyes:

- Rotor blades

- Su-25 (reflections bugged, seems that renders different in each eye)

- Clouds and contrails, at a distance 20km or more, only render in one eye.

- some explossions / smoke effects, at distance 20Km or more.

At least, AC´s light floods at runway seems rendered correctly in the last beta.

Hi Gryzor,

yes, observed the same in VR more or less. I have no idea, what a shader is or does, as I´m just an average DCS pilot and not a game developer, but my conclusion is, that these effects are defined by shaders, which are not adjusted or recoded for VR or in particular to work with the VR API.

There is progress in fixing these effects for VR, but my assumption is, that the developers need to look for each effect in DCS separately to recode and fix it for the current active render pipeline for VR. Progress in that could have been observed on my side with the fix of VR zoom for the large FOV headsets, which was a big issue in the past, but could have been fixed with one of the last updates. The clouds and contrails issue is still there and not rendered correctly for both eyes, what causes clouds and contrails in the distant to disappear, when looking at them from specific angles / point of views.

But I do have understanding for the situation of development in the way, that a new cloud system ( which might include the presentation of contrails ) is in development. The developer surely work on programming the shaders for this new cloud system and therefore would have doubled workload, if they would now have to fix the shaders for the present "old" cloudsystem or let´s say less motivation to fix issue for an old system, which will be replaced in anyway sooner or later, like plugging holes for a sinking ship instead of working for the brand new ship.

Same with regard to the portation to the new Vulkan API. I remember, don´t ask me for a link, that ED once mentioned, that the most workload for the developer to port DCS from the current graphical engine to Vulkan is at recoding/assembling every single shader to the new graphics API. With this in mind I do have understanding, that there is less effort to fix for VR broken effects, which will be in anyway replaced completely.

I could live for now with these broken effects in VR, as long as the developers put their energy and focus on to programming for the new API without issues or broken effects in VR. Also need to mention that most of the issues we are talking about are minor issues, which partially only could be observed, if you close one eye in VR and only look with one eye at it, what is not the case on how VR is commonly used.

Do hope we get Vulkan soon and get rid of many issues in VR, we´re facing now.

BTW: I love Valencia! Am at least two times a year there and would have been there at the moment, if the situation would have allowed and my flight would not have been canceled. Hope it gets better soon...

Hey everyone. Besides a huge drop in FPS in MP games, I also had an interesting left-eye-VR-issue>: on a MP server, while chasing down my KC-135 to refuel, I was able to see the tanker from 30+ miles in my left eye by seeing its navigation lights, bright as red and green flares... Hope I'm not the only one.

I do though agree with -Voight-, it's Open Beta and the developer are experimenting with new tech and options, so we'll need to have a lot of patience... just as much as waiting for the Air-to-Ground Radar on the Hornet (Hahaha)

Hey everyone. Besides a huge drop in FPS in MP games, I also had an interesting left-eye-VR-issue>: on a MP server, while chasing down my KC-135 to refuel, I was able to see the tanker from 30+ miles in my left eye by seeing its navigation lights, bright as red and green flares... Hope I'm not the only one.

I do though agree with -Voight-, it's Open Beta and the developer are experimenting with new tech and options, so we'll need to have a lot of patience... just as much as waiting for the Air-to-Ground Radar on the Hornet (Hahaha)

I noticed some night lighting improvements, but only from some AC: F-15, Mi-24 Hind, Mi-26 chopper. At the night, its position light is visible since many Km (never seen before, nor 2.5.5). Attach other topic I started: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4275216#post4275216

Edited by Gryzor

Is there a space between “parser” and “=“ and another space between “=“ and “false”?

Also “autoexec.cfg” is a text file yes?

Well I tried this and unfortunately it does not seem to work for me. I have an HP Reverb V2. When I look at some buildings in the distance some are drawn in my left eye but not in my right eye and it makes for a very strange and irritating picture. Its not all buildings and trees but some.

Edited by Lanzfeld113

Is there a space between “parser” and “=“ and another space between “=“ and “false”?

Also “autoexec.cfg” is a text file yes?

Well I tried this and unfortunately it does not seem to work for me. I have an HP Reverb V2. When I look at some buildings in the distance some are drawn in my left eye but not in my right eye and it makes for a very strange and irritating picture. Its not all buildings and trees but some.

Does this all look correct?

• 8 months later...

Issue is still present for almost any objects used in editor. There are some distances where some details are missing in the L eye. This bug came when 2.5.6 went into scene (near one year ago, with 2.5.5 it was perfect), and no one in ED same aware of this.

Edited by Gryzor