[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

In my case, I added/mounted some weights to my shaker to dampen high frequencies and provide more "punch" to my system. However, I'm mixing in some game sound as well...

Regarding the flap thing, I'll have a look once I've some more time. Currently everything is running crazy here in Germany and thus I'm pretty busy keeping my normal business running...

Indeed, same here :(

How and where did you add some weights to your shaker? More "punch" sounds good!

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

I would recommend to try enabling Compressor option in SimShaker Sound Module to prevent severe clipping while multiple effects are active at the same time.

Thanks, Andre!

I'm aware of the compressor setting and will try it with only an few more effects active. With just some disabled on the other hand the compression did not do much, and crackling was still there when multiple effects kicked in.

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

Regarding the flap thing, I'll have a look once I've some more time. Currently everything is running crazy here in Germany and thus I'm pretty busy keeping my normal business running...

No worries, sir. As I mentioned in my edit, whatever the problem was resolved itself after a restart of SSA. Please stay well and safe, and take care of your family and your business :thumbup:

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Indeed, same here :(

How and where did you add some weights to your shaker? More "punch" sounds good!

I used a threaded rod, some weights from a sports shop and bolted it together like this:

https://wolf-u.li/3594/shaker-tuning-mittels-zusaetzlichen-gewichten-fuer-bassshaker-bzw-bodyshaker/ (it's in German)

However, you could also use the EQ function in Voicemeeter to add a low pass and add a bit more punch, my settings for the shaker:

d2EJrzb.png

I used a threaded rod, some weights from a sports shop and bolted it together like this:

https://wolf-u.li/3594/shaker-tuning-mittels-zusaetzlichen-gewichten-fuer-bassshaker-bzw-bodyshaker/ (it's in German)

However, you could also use the EQ function in Voicemeeter to add a low pass and add a bit more punch, my settings for the shaker:

d2EJrzb.png

Does anyone have an iBeam in use with SSA Sound Module?. I use a mix of audio and SSA plus the jetseat on top (!!) . In the iBeam the brrrrrt in the Hog is somewhat disappointing and I'm lucky that the jetseat compensates admirably in this case. With other effects the iBeam is just amazing for immersion. Has anyone made tweaks to their audio samples for Sound Module ti I adjust for the iBeam's characteristics? I have already done the low pass filter in Voicemeeter and this made a difference, but I'm wondering if a sound smoke tweak might help some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

what are your settings for UH-1 Huey?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Bug in Gazelle Failure/Damage effect

@f410

There's a bug in the Gazelle Failure/Damage effect.

I tested yesterday with a new DCS/SimShaker beta setup on my new PC.

There was a constant vibration when I entered the cockpit, by unchecking effects one by one, I found that the major culprit is the Failure/Damage effect, it's on constantly.

Also, Main Rotor Whirl High does not seem to react to adjustment of Strength.

Other modules reacts correctly to both.

There also seem to be another vibration I can't find where comes from.

It did not go away no matter which effects I switched off.

I have switched off G-feeling, so it shouldn't be that.

I am using JetSeat and SimShaker latest beta.

DCS Open Beta, didn't test release version.

But it's an old problem.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

That's funny, I exploded in an F/A-18C and switched to the Gazelle and the damage vibration didn't stop. But I didn't take damage in the Gazelle. Very strange bug. I was wondering what happened.

Actually... I get this issue just switching from the F/A-18C to the Gazelle in a mission at all. That's... another problem. Hm...

Even restarting simshaker didn't fix it, it's probably some sort of export bug with DCS?

Edited by FoxTwo

Hello!

When I start Simshaker for Aviators (fresh installation, Windows 10), I get the following error message:

Does anyone have the same problem? Under Windows 10 I cannot change the .,NET frameswork, so what can I do to make it work?

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value mit dem Wert 1 ist für SelectedIndex ungültig.

Parametername: SelectedIndex

bei System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

bei SimShaker.UI.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.

----------------------------------------

System

Win32-Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

SimShaker for Aviators

Assembly-Version: 1.3.10.0.

Win32-Version: 1.3.10.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/gunte/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/8JLYVL0Y.YHN/L9RBE8J0.C27/sims..tion_bd83e50dcdc2967f_0001.0003_b384e080ddce2b7d/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe.

System.Windows.Forms

Win32-Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System.Drawing

Win32-Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

System.Core

Win32-Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************

Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der

Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers

(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.

Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten

Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem

Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Hello!

Thank you for that link, but under my Windows 10 I cannot install a .NET 4.8, because I get the message, that a newer .NET Framework is already installed under my system and that the .NET Framework is part of Windows 10 now, and so it isn't possible. I cannot find any information how I could work arround.

With greatings from Germany

Gunter

Because you're already using the latest .NET 4.8 version.

What he is referring to, are other .NET versions that a aren't 4.8

Like, 4.6 and 4.7.

A 4.6 will not be ugraded to a 4.8, because they are completely different.

Like different DirectX versions.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thank you, but I cannot install an older .NET, it is always blocked by Windows. I have tried 4.5.2 and 4.6.2, I always get the message that I can't do that because there is already a newer .NET on the system. I can't find a way around this. I have the latest Windows 10 Update 1909 on it and installed all KBs. It is desperate. It's also strange that I can't check "Start when Windows Starts" in the SSA Starter. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Thank you, but I cannot install an older .NET, it is always blocked by Windows. I have tried 4.5.2 and 4.6.2, I always get the message that I can't do that because there is already a newer .NET on the system. I can't find a way around this. I have the latest Windows 10 Update 1909 on it and installed all KBs. It is desperate. It's also strange that I can't check "Start when Windows Starts" in the SSA Starter. Maybe it has something to do with that.
Aha! Apologies, didn't get that.

Ehhhh. This is embarrassing, as I fail to remember the command/procedure from the top of my head, as I never do this manually. Whenever I "tank" a computer I use MDT/SCCM, but I believe it might be a DISM command. Haven't done this for ages.

You using x86/x64?

And more importantly. Tried Google yet?

Cheers

Guys, i tried the awesome FTV mb339 mod, but it seems that simshaker is not working with it.

It is known?there is something that can be done or am i missing something?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello MAXsenna!

Yes, I use the x86/x64. Meanwhile I think I have found the error. I got the tip from the developer of the SSA to try the beta. I did that and then the program ran exactly 1 time, as long as I did not change any individual settings. This was also the case with the stable version. Then I uninstalled everything, which was not easy and unfortunately it was not enough to uninstall the program with "Apps and Features". I had to search on C: for all files whose name starts with "Simshaker" and then delete them manually. After that I started SSA and only set that the sound module is used and X-Plane is supported. All other settings I did not change and now it runs.

In my opinion this is a programming error, which is what the error message says. An array of any ComboBox is not filled and in the course of the program it is accessed and thus an error is triggered because the value in the array does not exist. I passed this on to the developer and hope that there will be a new version soon.

Thank you all for your help.

Gunter

Hello MAXsenna!

Yes, I use the x86/x64. Meanwhile I think I have found the error. I got the tip from the developer of the SSA to try the beta. I did that and then the program ran exactly 1 time, as long as I did not change any individual settings. This was also the case with the stable version. Then I uninstalled everything, which was not easy and unfortunately it was not enough to uninstall the program with "Apps and Features". I had to search on C: for all files whose name starts with "Simshaker" and then delete them manually. After that I started SSA and only set that the sound module is used and X-Plane is supported. All other settings I did not change and now it runs.

In my opinion this is a programming error, which is what the error message says. An array of any ComboBox is not filled and in the course of the program it is accessed and thus an error is triggered because the value in the array does not exist. I passed this on to the developer and hope that there will be a new version soon.

Thank you all for your help.

Gunter

Hopefully there will be fix then!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Latest version gives me constant errors in the log:

2020-04-14 09:16:19.961 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:31: bad argument #2 to 'format' (number expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'data_send'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:464: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:497: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:62: in function 'OtherLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:231: in function <[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:228>.

Looks like LoGetAltitudeAboveGroundLevel() returns nil. Not sure about the line referring to VAICOM though :huh:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Latest version gives me constant errors in the log:

2020-04-14 09:16:19.961 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:31: bad argument #2 to 'format' (number expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [C]: in function 'data_send'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:464: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:497: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:62: in function 'OtherLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:231: in function <[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:228>.

Looks like LoGetAltitudeAboveGroundLevel() returns nil. Not sure about the line referring to VAICOM though :huh:

Hey Franky,

what were conditions? Which SSA version. I'm pushing updates like crazy at the moment :D

Hey Franky,

what were conditions? Which SSA version. I'm pushing updates like crazy at the moment :D

That was 1.3.10.7 (or .8). Just tested with 1.3.10.10 but still got the error in the log. I'm just running a test mission as observer, i.e. I'm not in a plane. I think it happens even if SSA ist not running.

This is my Export.lua

-- Simshaker
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

-- VAICOM
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

-- SRS
--local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

-- UR
--dofile ( lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Tacnoworld_UR_DCSW.luac' )

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

That was 1.3.10.7 (or .8). Just tested with 1.3.10.10 but still got the error in the log. I'm just running a test mission as observer, i.e. I'm not in a plane. I think it happens even if SSA ist not running.

This is my Export.lua

-- Simshaker
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

-- VAICOM
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

-- SRS
--local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

-- UR
--dofile ( lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Tacnoworld_UR_DCSW.luac' )

Thx, I just changed the way DCS sends the data to SSA... I'll have a look and add some guards/default values for such a case

Edited by f4l0