Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

jpbordi

The P-40 should have come to DCS in 2015 already, according to an older video by VEAO:

But we all know, how VEAO ended... :music_whistling:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

If I could ask for only one aircraft ever that isn't already available, it would be the P-40. Preferably the Tomahawk IIB used by the Flying Tigers. With a map and campaign to match.

Although I expect the E or F variants would probably fit better with the Marianas map.

P-40 is cute, but it is ridiculously outclassed by the other WWII models we currently have. Even the Mossie will eat it up in a dogfight.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Let it be... We have enough WWII warbirds coming, and by the way,

I am happy VEAO did not do it, would have been wasted money as it indeed

was for their miserable Hawk......

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 months later...

A Marianas campaign vintage P-40 would be the M or N.

I'd like to see an E or F/L, over New Guinea.

I should live so long.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Here's your new Mustangs boys--you can learn to fly 'em on the way to the target!" LTCOL Don Blakeslee, late February 1944

• 1 month later...
P-40 is cute, but it is ridiculously outclassed by the other WWII models we currently have. Even the Mossie will eat it up in a dogfight.

The P-40 has one thing going for it, besides a good dive ability:

It had a surprisingly superior roll rate.

I found that while researching some old documentation.

Also, AFAIK it was still in use later in the war, as a ground attack and support aircraft.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

If I could ask for only one aircraft ever that isn't already available, it would be the P-40. Preferably the Tomahawk IIB used by the Flying Tigers. With a map and campaign to match.

Although I expect the E or F variants would probably fit better with the Marianas map.

This - I would like to see both variants.

The early variant to make the Flying Tigers scenario - and it has a much more pretty/shark-like nose than the later versions. (yes - two 3d models)

And the later variant to try to get the best version ever created.

Would be instant buy for me - I'd keep pressing refresh waiting for it to show up like the Channel Map. Ha!

$0.02

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 12:47 AM, Seaside said:

I would love to see P-40. E or F would cover most time periods and nations.

It could be used in Pacific, also as a Kittyhawk for Med scenarios with Commonwealth nations.

Absolutely. The RAAF flew P-40's extensively against the Japanese throughout New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.