Heatblur A-6 Intruder

I flew the crap out of that sim back then. My friend and I would both be at the keyboard. One flying and the other operating DIANE.

Best Flight sim ever! until DCS...

The Pahntom II Radar had Ground clutte rmodeled!!! nineteen eighty something.....

Gee I wish Spectrum Holobyte hjad survived the grate Sim purge of the 90´s...

You guys need to get objective.

No one.. is ever critical about Heatblur. Ever. Its one huge circle jerk (and dont get offended, because thats exactly what it is. A bunch of people bullshitting each other). let get objective about this.

Weve been talking about the Intruder for years now. Heatblur just announced its AI release to be this month. Along with a Super Carrier alternative and the Tomcat A.

Apparently there is a licensing problem to get the Intruder Full Fido. The Changelog is full of problems on ED side. HB couldnt join free month because... yada yada Eagle Dynamics issue. Quite frankly, i dont think they can afford to put the F14 Tomcat on sale.

This community gives ED and 3rdDevs a hard time. Releasing things too soon, ganky code, missing systems. But when you compare changelogs.. they are just as numerous as Heatblurs.

Yet our competitors are working a multiple new modules, terrain, rewritting old modules, all while honoring sales and free trials..

We are coming up on 2 years old, the Tomcat is still 80 dollars. The F16is about to go on 50% sales, we are getting a brand spanking new Strike Eagle! a Crusader, a Mosquito, a Typhoon, another Mirage, a Hind, an Apache, a Kiowa, Flogger, a Pucara (probably missing 1 or 2)

And the hype after two years is a new AI skin, and a F14 Variant? (hell they rework the entire a10 ka50 every few years, they are writing an entirely new harrier, the Mirage has been reworked, etc etc.)

Im sorry, but Heatblur is either poorly managed, or they are in trouble.

Heat BLurs competitors have made a fortune with the sales (i bought 5, during the sales, not 1 off sale, and not 1 Heatblur product) All the developer houses expanded their worker base, started new projects, moved as many units as they could, and are actively cleaning up programs and adapting through the changes in world tech.

Something aint right. Which sucks, because i would totally like to see an intruder in Heatblur style attention to detail. I think they spent too much developing the F14, and now they are paying for it. Or Sweden, is it?, is just eating them alive like cancer (all you utopian fantasists take note). Or.. someone is making bad decisions

When these changes come to DCS, if Heatblur hasnt adapted.. they never will. BY the time they take part in the sales, there will a dozen newer planes to be had and what sales they do have will only trickle in. Everytime Topgun comes on the Movie Channel

No one.. is ever critical about Heatblur. Ever. Its one huge circle jerk (and dont get offended, because thats exactly what it is. A bunch of people bullshitting each other). let get objective about this.

Weve been talking about the Intruder for years now. Heatblur just announced its AI release to be this month. Along with a Super Carrier alternative and the Tomcat A.

Apparently there is a licensing problem to get the Intruder Full Fido. The Changelog is full of problems on ED side. HB couldnt join free month because... yada yada Eagle Dynamics issue. Quite frankly, i dont think they can afford to put the F14 Tomcat on sale.

This community gives ED and 3rdDevs a hard time. Releasing things too soon, ganky code, missing systems. But when you compare changelogs.. they are just as numerous as Heatblurs.

Yet our competitors are working a multiple new modules, terrain, rewritting old modules, all while honoring sales and free trials..

We are coming up on 2 years old, the Tomcat is still 80 dollars. The F16is about to go on 50% sales, we are getting a brand spanking new Strike Eagle! a Crusader, a Mosquito, a Typhoon, another Mirage, a Hind, an Apache, a Kiowa, Flogger, a Pucara (probably missing 1 or 2)

And the hype after two years is a new AI skin, and a F14 Variant? (hell they rework the entire a10 ka50 every few years, they are writing an entirely new harrier, the Mirage has been reworked, etc etc.)

Heat BLurs competitors have made a fortune with the sales (i bought 5, during the sales, not 1 off sale, and not 1 Heatblur product) All the developer houses expanded their worker base, started new projects, moved as many units as they could, and are actively cleaning up programs and adapting through the changes in world tech.

Something aint right. Which sucks, because i would totally like to see an intruder in Heatblur style attention to detail. I think they spent too much developing the F14, and now they are paying for it. Or Sweden, is it?, is just eating them alive like cancer (all you utopian fantasists take note). Or.. someone is making bad decisions

When these changes come to DCS, if Heatblur hasnt adapted.. they never will. BY the time they take part in the sales, there will a dozen newer planes to be had and what sales they do have will only trickle in. Everytime Topgun comes on the Movie Channel

"Thats just like, your opinion man"

Well, some ones not happy in Shangri la! Dude, chill. If you have as many modules as you say, if you are not happy, come back when you feel that Heatblur has reached a satisfying milestone just for you. But the criticism of the company and other customers will get you nowhere. Just makes you sound like a petulant child. No offense!

I mean, if you can do it better, I'm sure they would love to hire you!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

-much deleted-

I guess the one variable is how many people do they have working on projects. I haven't a clue. I think Belsimtek did a great job as well with the Huey (despite the ongoing drama of multi-mode).

But in general, I give a lot of slack to ED and 3rd party because this is a small community and there isn't much to be made in terms of profits. I don't want them to go the way of MicroProse or Spectrum Holobyte.

As for profits, compared to the likes of FPS it's pennies on the dollar. Keep in mind that Epic made a BILLION dollars selling fake clothes to gamers in Fortnite. So whatever ED/3rd party is making, it's not even close, that I'm sure.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

<snip>

Maybe we should introduce the guy with some of the chaps that frequent the Harrier forums (seeing how he seams to hold that module's state in such a high regard), i'm sure there will be plenty of mutually beneficial cultural exchange for both parties! :D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

bla bla bla....

yeah right 98 post and joined last year.... it figures...

Heatblur sells exactlly what they give you.

No other producer, 3rd or in house has achieved that so far ;) and when they dont they come clean...

Besides the Cat and the Thunderbolt (Viggen) Rock...

I'll be brief in my reply to the big red warning signs hehe:

1.) We dont believe in more modules, we believe in more content. More content means more fun. More modules will always follow. But the question is: do you want to collect many many modules you barely touch, or have an assortment of modules, where each one will give you years and years of fun? We aim for the latter.

2.) More content per module, means it takes more time. It's extra time for extra content.

3.) No need to worry if something is wrong. That our modules basically release feature complete (minus the extra content) should be indicator for that as well as that we are able to continue to work on said extra content.

4.) If folks cut us some slack, we never asked for it. But I guess since we genuinely care, it is ok if people care a bit back. It's that simple.

:)

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1.) We dont believe in more modules, we believe in more content. More content means more fun. More modules will always follow. But the question is: do you want to collect many many modules you barely touch, or have an assortment of modules, where each one will give you years and years of fun? We aim for the latter.

2.) More content per module, means it takes more time. It's extra time for extra content.

3.) No need to worry if something is wrong. That our modules basically release feature complete (minus the extra content) should be indicator for that as well as that we are able to continue to work on said extra content.

4.) If folks cut us some slack, we never asked for it. But I guess since we genuinely care, it is ok if people care a bit back. It's that simple.

Well said sir. :thumbup:

I my self have a couple too many modules. I have 3 war birds gathering dust. A Hornet that sorely needs some attention. A M2000 that I have given up on for now (not getting into that). A F-16 I'm trying to stay current in & a Tomcat that I'm still learning & loving it.

Just not enough time to fly them all & get even close to proficient.

So having too many modules isn't always great $$. Quality modules with great content. Yes Please! :D

I like the fact that I got 2 free T shirts with my F-14!!

Yeah and lets see where thats got us. F-16 was released without even a damage model and half baked and even with the additions in a few days its still not going to be finished (tho I will say ED has gotten a lot better) and neither is the F-18 finished

As for RAZBAM they have routinely shown their inability to put out a module without major issues. the Harrier, Mirage and Mig 19 had terrible launches to the point where they had to get the French airforce in anyway to help them with the Mirage.

The Harrier is now "feature complete" and out of EA despite its current state so RazzleBazzle can now push the F-15E out before or around the end of the year despite not even having a physical model yet (they're using the AI F-15E current) to say I'm skeptical about the F-15E's release and anything else from RB would be an understatement.

Razbam said that the license for the A-6 was taken already...and heatblur has stated their new module will be 2 engined and "complex" yet also stated that they aren't moving over to it till the F-14 is totally finished which is currently projected to be around March 2021.

Nick has already stated ED barely runs at a profit and that hes had to put his own money to pay for some things and thats EVEN WITH all the sales and other stuff. The reason HB don't do sales is because they only have 2 products and they know people will buy them at full price anyway because they are quality products.

For all we know they may have been working on a full fidelity module of an A-6 for years now but like they did with the Tomcat but haven't told us because Heatblur doesn't need to ride the hype train to sell EA products before people repeat the process of "realizing" that the product they've bought doesn't even have a damage model.

I don't know about you but I would prefer to wait a little longer and buy a quality product at $127 AUD then buying a 20% off EA product that is half baked and won't get all its systems and weapons for another 2-3 years

Edited by Southernbear
  • Like 2

Oh, no, there were many rants here on both the HB and their products, scam accusations including. Don't even remind them of that worn out cockpit... They have just recently announced priority list, and the A-6 comes at the end of it, so don't drive the hype train yet - it's just an extra content.

Sales or stuff decisions are their own business. You have no idea about how well they do or don't. Do you rant on Ferrari too, that they didn't put older models on sales?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Heatblur just don't need to drive the hypetrain.

They may not delivered always to the promised date, but man, when they delivered it was every time insane.

No other DCS has that immersive feeling and that love to the details like the Viggen and the Cat.

Bartacomus - your post reads like you don't own a HB module? Fly one and you will understand.

I'll never gonny buy anything from Razbam again, they just don't be able to deliver in the quality I'm demanding. ED and all other 3rd party Devs are quite ok - I'll buy anything I'm intrested in.

Heatblur and Deka - well, those two are something special. I'm gonna buy anything they'll release next. Because I yet know that it will have an insane quality.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Heatblur just don't need to drive the hypetrain.

They may not delivered always to the promised date, but man, when they delivered it was every time insane.

Here's what I love, I'd rather something be late, and be excellent, basically everything working properly, not many major things missing. Than be closer to on time and plenty of stuff missing.

Yeah sure, the Viggen has a few things borked like the lights (at the moment, might've already been fixed), but again, when it launched all the things you really needed were there, and they worked.

No other DCS has that immersive feeling and that love to the details like the Viggen and the Cat.

Definitely agreed, at this point I'd purchase anything off of Heatblur going by how well their current modules were done. Even before the LNS split, the MiG-21bis was fantastic, again all the major stuff you really needed, was in and it worked properly.

Have they all had problems and missing features? Sure, but nothing like the problems other modules have. And LNS and then Heatblur's modules have always had the most 'feeling' to them.

When I tried the RAZBAM Harrier on free trial, it felt like I was back in FSX, it was missing stuff, stuff not working properly or missing, and in general stuff that wasn't as well implemented compared to other modules (I was mostly comparing against the F/A-18). The manuals for both the Mirage 2000C and AV-8B N/A also seemed lacking, just compare the cold start procedure for the F-16C and the AV-8B/Mirage 2000C, the F-16C's one is perfect, there's a little graphic telling you where to look and what the thing is called and what it does, it's very easy and very convenient (if only all modules could be like it), the Mirage as I remember was just a simple bullet list - I had to keep going back and forth to find out what stuff did, or where it was.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

--snippage--

I don't know about you but I would prefer to wait a little longer and buy a quality product at $127 AUD then buying a 20% off EA product that is half baked and won't get all its systems and weapons for another 2-3 years

But you can choose to do that. Why would you want to deny others (vast majority would be my guess) who want to play with it and learn as new features are released?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Let us please stay on topic and not discuss other modules or developers here. I know everyone is still a bit riled up about recent events concerning another module, but please understand this is not the place to vent that and we do not want to pass judgement on any other dev but ourselves. Everyone works differently and has their own approach, and we simply persue what we believe is right for us, and what we would expect from ourselves as customers. That's all.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Let us please stay on topic and not discuss other modules or developers here. I know everyone is still a bit riled up about recent events concerning another module, but please understand this is not the place to vent that and we do not want to pass judgement on any other dev but ourselves. Everyone works differently and has their own approach, and we simply persue what we believe is right for us, and what we would expect from ourselves as customers. That's all.

words of wisdom.

thank you for F14

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 2 weeks later...

I can hardly wait. Flying out in an F-14 providing air cover for a flight of A-6s doing SEAD followed by another flight going to lay waste to ground targets. Also can't wait for the chance to switch from being a RIO to being a BN. Grumman NavAv forever!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not even that interested in the plane, but I would probably buy the A-6 knowing Heatblur's quality and could learn to love moving mud with it and to build a 1980s carrier air wing for Cold War scenarios.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2