Some notes on v.1.2.6

EvilBivol-1

I could be wrong but i think corrected skins has nothing in relation with a campaign progress.

I can´t imagine why editing description.lua files could erase a campaign progression.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

5. The pilot’s aiming sight is functional, but the command interface is still in-progress. Currently you need to do the following to use the sight:

a. Lower the sight by pressing RSHIFT + M or clicking the locking lever.

b. Increase reticle brightness by turning the brightness knob toward the pilot (clockwise if looking from port side)

c. Turn on the reticle

See the picture guide below.

Has this affected the flexible sight also? I seem to fire only on boresight with miniguns even using the flexible sight. I've got the pilot sight off and stowed - as I thought maybe that was over-riding it. But it's locked to straight ahead firing even though I'm aiming with the flexible sight.. Is it just me?

Has this affected the flexible sight also? I seem to fire only on boresight with miniguns even using the flexible sight. I've got the pilot sight off and stowed - as I thought maybe that was over-riding it. But it's locked to straight ahead firing even though I'm aiming with the flexible sight.. Is it just me?

It's something I'm missing in my startup sequence- probably hydraulics or something - ignore me it's not a bug

However I cannot confirm missing audio for rockets or bullet hits. These sounds are present for me when testing in the current public build. Is anyone else experiencing these sounds missing?

I can confirm the bullet hits for AK-47 fire. I had definite hits (Debrief log) and definitely no "ting-tings" :cry: ...would never have thought to actually miss that sound.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Unfortunately I am not happy with 1.2.6

5. The pilot’s aiming sight is functional, but the command interface is still in-progress. Currently you need to do the following to use the sight:

NO IT DOES NOT! Neither can I find the command that lowers it in options. Only the co-pilot's gunsight is lowered.

b. Increase reticle brightness by turning the brightness knob toward the pilot (clockwise if looking from port side)

Only works for co-pilot sight!

HOW do we do it for pilot sight.

c. Turn on the reticle

HOW? HOW? HOW? In version 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 it worked on pilot sight, in 1.2.6 it is not turning on.

Also reticle UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT not longer work. They worked in previous versions.

it actualy works with right shift + m, at least for me.

using the wheel actualy works as well, but you have to put it on first.

c. Turn on the reticle

thats some tricky thing if you dont know WHERE. well, hit left alt + c and use the mouse view to look at the aiming device from the side. you will find a switch that is clickable. when clicked you can go back to brightness in step B and make the crosshairs visible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

NO IT DOES NOT! Neither can I find the command that lowers it in options. Only the co-pilot's gunsight is lowered.

c. Turn on the reticle

HOW? HOW? HOW? In version 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 it worked on pilot sight, in 1.2.6 it is not turning on.

Also reticle UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT not longer work. They worked in previous versions.

Man, have you read the first post ?

That point :

Changes in this patch include keyboard and joystick input profile updates. Unfortunately this means you have to delete (or save as a backup if you wish to keep them for a possible revert to an older version) the user keyboard and joystick folders found on your Windows drive directory \\users\User Name\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\UH-1H\. Doing so will require you to remap your controls after re-launching the game. In case you didn't realize this, it could be an operation you may have to do in the future again as we continue to update the input settings of the module.

Edited by Lib

c. Turn on the reticle

You might want to read the first posting carefully again, including the attached picture. :o)

From pilot station, neither the pilot sight intensity knob, nor on/off switch are visible. Gliding mouse pointer over their position does not register. I can see and manipulate them from co-pilot vew.

RSHIFT +M DOES NOT WORK! It is not mapped in default keyboard shortcuts options. So I don't know what the command for pilot sight is. The commands for pilot sight in v 1.2.4 and v 1.2.5 now only work for co-pilot sight. So I am leaning towards that whatever change that were made in v1.2.6 , kind of suck.

The translational lift to/from transition in flight model is screwed up. The helicopter starts shaking badly, and there is vibration noise in its position. You can see from external aircraft veiw. It shifts position and orientation in an impossibly fast rate. For me, it is the most difficult part. The aircraft becomes very difficult to fly. Collective looses effectiveness, vertical velocity goes from low to high faster then I can compensate with collective. Combined with hard shaking, makes the aircraft very difficult to transition to hover and landing.

From pilot station, neither the pilot sight intensity knob, nor on/off switch are visible. Gliding mouse pointer over their position does not register. I can see and manipulate them from co-pilot vew.

The spot for the mouse pointer is a bit hard to find, yes. But once you managed to hit the on/off switch or the intensity knob, you can't miss them anymore.

RSHIFT +M DOES NOT WORK! It is not mapped in default keyboard shortcuts options. So I don't know what the command for pilot sight is. The commands for pilot sight in v 1.2.4 and v 1.2.5 now only work for co-pilot sight. So I am leaning towards that whatever change that were made in v1.2.6 , kind of suck.

But you DID follow EvilBivol's instructions to let the program generate a new keyboard.lua file for the keyboard mapping? And you have no line "Pilot Sight On/Off" under Options->Controls?

The translational lift to/from transition in flight model is screwed up. The helicopter starts shaking badly, and there is vibration noise in its position. You can see from external aircraft veiw. It shifts position and orientation in an impossibly fast rate. For me, it is the most difficult part. The aircraft becomes very difficult to fly. Collective looses effectiveness, vertical velocity goes from low to high faster then I can compensate with collective. Combined with hard shaking, makes the aircraft very difficult to transition to hover and landing.

The helo is easier to fly than ever, imo. Proof: even I am now able to take off and to land when and wherever I want. :o) And I am dead serious here ... I had IMMENSE problems with especially landing approaches up to 1.2.5. 95 out of 100 approaches I ended up dying due to VRS. No kidding.

Yes, the AFM feels quite different now - mainly because of the changes of the collective, I suppose. But just be open to it, you will adjust very quickly.

edit: to compensate alt changes with collective: some reported problems with the collective - that it would move very slowly and not in sync with the hotas input. Can this be your problem here, too? Solution seemed to be to make a) sure you have hydraulics on and b) set the axis NOT to "slider".

Edited by Flagrum

I must be missing something, I never really got the chance to seriously try the Huey yet I hoped in the other day to check 1.2.6. I think I understand why this is happening, being a WIP feature like stated on OP, but doesn't the fact that the throttle is either all or nothing prevent you guys from flying? Because personally, with my HOTAS Warthog it just feels like mission impossible.

I mean the only throttle input the motor accept is when I push the throttle to the max which just gets the motor rolling from the bare minimum 40 RPM to the max (and eventually rotor brakes and part with the heli entirely) lol, I've absolutely no control in between. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something since you guys are apparently flying and finding it that much easier. :) Note that I indeed deleted all Huey control files beforehand.

Quick question while I'm at it, do you guys control collective and throttle separately or as one control? In 1.2.6 I tried doing a bit of both but didn't get much success in either even if, to my limited knowledge of real life helis, they are now mostly combined controls that are being automatically handled and managed for the pilot.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The engine throttle (in the controls as corrector) is actually governed to maintain a constant rotor rpm for normal flight conditions. The only time you use the throttle is during startup and shutdown procedures. Otherwise, after startup roll the throttle to full and leave it there until you land then roll it off for cool down and shutdown.

• 3 weeks later...

Been looking around on the forums, and haven't found anything. Are we gonna be able to hotstart our engines at some point? Has this been covered? It was one of the first things I tried to do when I jumped in the pit.

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Obviously this issue has been well dealt with in the past ... and fortunately for me, it was resolved before I ever got UH-1H.

However, I recently was watching a YouTube video of someone flying around and shooting at ground targets with a simple (but effective) Reticule that appeared to be projected directly onto the Windshield (it looked similar to the HMS in BS2). It was a Fixed Reticule and did not move with TrackIR.

Is this latter type of sight something that was replaced by the current "swing down-type" aiming OR is it an Option that we can use if preferred ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

Is this latter type of sight something that was replaced by the current "swing down-type" aiming

Yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 9 months later...

Tried with both Huey and Hip works great for muliple pickups/drop offs.

Flight model of the hip seams tweaked, seams to have much greater inertia now when slowing down:thumbup:

Still no Hip cargo cam but thats a small thing. I have not checked but I assume all the goodies posted are included

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2426489&postcount=104

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]