Slew AGM-65F

Slew AGM-65F

Is this not how it is supposed to be with the "unrealistic" slew option?

From Wags’ YT Video previewing the new feature, you’re not supposed to have to click to lock. It is supposed to auto lock when you stop slewing and if it can’t you get a lock on anything, you get the break lock and it goes back to normal.

Could have changed, but that was how it was described in the video a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem to work by pressing the TDC after you slew to target. I guess they changed the implementation after the video from Wags.

Which does not seem to work properly on the warthog for which this update was intended.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got around to testing this with my VKB Gunfighter MkII Pro.

It seemed to work both ways. I had it snap on target at first only if I pressed the TDC Press button. And later it snapped on target by itself.

I think it would help if people would post their sticks they are using. This fix may have started because of the Warthog stick, but mine needed a solution to this 'hold down' issue as well..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Doesn't matter what I use, it will not lock by itself after you stop slewing.

Tried the nipple on the WH throttle. Tried using the coolie hat on the WH throttle. Tried the thumbstick on my collective as well. Nada. I also made sure to unbind the axes binds when trying the coolie hat to make sure there wasn't any kind of conflict or interference from them. Zilch.

ED needs to go back to the drawing board since there's obviously a problem for some of us.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Im using a Thrustmaster throttle and a gunfighter stick the old method works great, can't get the mavericks to lock on target with the new slew method.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Haven't tried the new A10C method,

my TMWH works fine with push&slew, also with the latest updates, all TMWH appear not to be equal.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Depressing the TDC to lock works for me using the new method. Otherwise the crosshairs just slews and stays on the ground where I left them. Quite useful though.

I think I will revert to the old method, since I have the TDC mod installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Depressing the TDC to lock works for me using the new method. Otherwise the crosshairs just slews and stays on the ground where I left them. Quite useful though.

I think I will revert to the old method, since I have the TDC mod installed.

I got the new method to work also by depressing the TDC button, I think I will stick with the original method also.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Working for me as well with TDC Depress, not perfectly, but working well enough for the first iteration.

Still interested to hear from ED if this will be further refined to align with the lock mechanics Wags showed in his video showcasing the new feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I find that the new method works ok. I just press and release the TDC down after I’ve slewed over the target.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes, this works. The point being is that its not what was advertised in the video provided by Wags.

Can you link to that video?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks, I did find it in the end. I'm going to try again to work this out. However, the majority of issues I see on this thread seem to relate to using the nipple control on the Warthog throttle. I have never used that for slewing. I use the hat next to it to move the TDC, and down on the TMS control for TDC depress. I haven't really had a problem with that configuration.

This is what I see.

The 'new' method - doesn't work for me as per Wags' video, but does work by depressing and releasing the TDC depress button (TMS down in my case) to lock after slewing on target

The 'realistic' method - works fine for me using the hat next to the nipple control for TDC movement whilst holding TMS down (for TDC depress) when slewing and releasing the TDC depress to lock.

This is what I see.

The 'new' method - doesn't work for me as per Wags' video, but does work by depressing and releasing the TDC depress button (TMS down in my case) to lock after slewing on target

The 'realistic' method - works fine for me using the hat next to the nipple control for TDC movement whilst holding TMS down (for TDC depress) when slewing and releasing the TDC depress to lock.

Same here