Overhead break landing pattern procedure

Bazmack

Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to perform a proper landing pattern with upwind crosswind downwind and base legs including things such as speed altitude RPM flaps etc?

I have seen some videos for other aircraft that detail things such as referencing runway just off wing on downwind and angles for turning onto base etc, are the parameters generally the same for all prop aircraft?

There's a tutorial that shows you how to do it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I saw a great training film on Youtube for the P47 that covers the landing pattern. If that's the video you're talking about, it's a great start. As far as speed/RPM/flaps/etc: start with the checklist in the manual.

Also I've seen interviews with pilots who said that while in theater they always flew straight in and did a wheel landing. (I have not yet mastered the wheel landing in dcs.)

At the risk our sounding like a sim-snob, I wouldn't do any tutorials. The internet has the actual manuals for the aircraft. Youtube has plenty of training films. There are countless interviews of pilots that almost always cover procedures during their deployment (unless the interview is really mainstream).

I haven't done the tutorial, but is it based on the landing checklist from the manual? Or is it something that might have been written by a pilot at the time? Or perhaps it is written as a modern mustang pilot might put it? Or maybe it was created by someone like me, who knows a bunch of different sources and is arbitrarily harmonizing them into their favorite (completely fictive) landing procedure?

Given that you said "detailed instructions" and "proper landing pattern" I'm going to assume your interest is that of a procedure nerd. If that is so then I recommend using a bunch of different sources. But if you just want to get it on the ground in a reasonable fashion, ya, the tutorial :D

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to perform a proper landing pattern with upwind crosswind downwind and base legs including things such as speed altitude RPM flaps etc?

I have seen some videos for other aircraft that detail things such as referencing runway just off wing on downwind and angles for turning onto base etc, are the parameters generally the same for all prop aircraft?

You should check out Chuck's guide on mustang. I'm learning it myself at the moment and it helped me quite a lot. But still practice is everything)). https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765