[OUTDATED] Our roadmap

Prowler111

I’m a loyal customer and enjoy RAZBAMs products but I think there is more going on than just a couple of bugs here and there.

The M2000 midlife upgrade revealed that the module had some serious discrepancies with the original from start especially in avionics and systems modeling. This is more serious than “a small bug”.

The harrier looks like it was gobbled up so that it barely worked then pushed out the door with little work since. Sure it’s fun and I get to blow stuff up because it has most of its weapons but the avionics and systems department has some teething bugs or omissions since day 1...

DCS’ main selling point over any other sim out there is the fidelity of the avionics and the flight model and eventually I’d like to get what I paid for and no I don’t agree with the excuse that all the bugs are there because ED are changing the core coding of the game all the time.

Having said that I still support RAZBAM and will be a day 1 customer on the Mig19 despite my reservations.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m a loyal customer and enjoy RAZBAMs products but I think there is more going on than just a couple of bugs here and there.

The M2000 midlife upgrade revealed that the module had some serious discrepancies with the original from start especially in avionics and systems modeling. This is more serious than “a small bug”.

The harrier looks like it was gobbled up so that it barely worked then pushed out the door with little work since. Sure it’s fun and I get to blow stuff up because it has most of its weapons but the avionics and systems department has some teething bugs or omissions since day 1...

DCS’ main selling point over any other sim out there is the fidelity of the avionics and the flight model and eventually I’d like to get what I paid for and no I don’t agree with the excuse that all the bugs are there because ED are changing the core coding of the game all the time.

Having said that I still support RAZBAM and will be a day 1 customer on the Mig19 despite my reservations.

I understand some peoples concern however the Mig19 is a much simpler aicraft in terms of avionics than anything else razbam has done within DCS. Its a largely analog plane without any modern electronics or other highly complex features found in modern aircraft. So id like to thnk Mig19 will be in a very playable state upon release , have most if not all features working and for the team having an easier time to fix bugs.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I left DCS because of frustration with the lack of development and long list of unaddressed bugs compounded with getting sick and tired of flying around in Caucuses. Six years later and yeah there are a couple more maps. But many of the exact same core bugs exist, every single aircraft is either in eternal incomplete ‘early access’, or is unmaintained and functionally abandoned (no, they swear it’s being worked on!!) and there’s now an unfocused incoherent splintering into wwii, semi-modern military, and civilian branches.

What ED does well, they do better than everyone else, but there is so much BS, broken promises, and bugs that it pretty quickly doesn’t become worth it to me. Sorry for the rant here. We’ll see what 2019 brings I guess.

Thanks for the perspective. What I'm starting to see the high level of ambition (fidelity, and the list of features) combined with the high cost of development may be something of a problem. It's difficult to develop and maintain (how long? 10 years or more?) the software with single-sale revenue stream.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

I understand some peoples concern however the Mig19 is a much simpler aicraft in terms of avionics than anything else razbam has done within DCS. Its a largely analog plane without any modern electronics or other highly complex features found in modern aircraft. So id like to thnk Mig19 will be in a very playable state upon release , have most if not all features working and for the team having an easier time to fix bugs.

I was not referring to the Mig19 exclusively, but the whole “policy” that RB seem to follow.

Also it appears ED agrees with me and the others and has stepped in halting MiG19s release until it reaches a satisfactory state. Let’s hope mistakes of the past are not repeated.

+1 .....With the difference that I will not buy the Mig-19 ...

And even if I'm interested in the Mirage 2000C I will not buy it until it's actually the airplane it's supposed to be, best wishes for the Harrier too ...

:thumbup:

I was not referring to the Mig19 exclusively, but the whole “policy” that RB seem to follow.

Also it appears ED agrees with me and the others and has stepped in halting MiG19s release until it reaches a satisfactory state. Let’s hope mistakes of the past are not repeated.

that decision was done by Razbam and not forced by ED......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3783003&postcount=181

"DCS: MiG-19P Farmer Update

The MiG-19P was originally planned for a release in January, but after an extensive review of the MiG-19, we and RAZBAM have decided to postpone its release until a few items are resolved. These include some needed improvements to the flight model and documentation. It’s RAZBAM’s desire to release the MiG-19P in a finished state so it will need just a little more time in the oven to meet this expectation."

, it would however be speculation on your behalf to assume whats working and what isn't. However since all of the primary functions are complete ( as per their mig19 thread) it wont be long before pre purchase is announced, since it seems just bit of spit and polish adjustments needed for a release.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

that decision was done by Razbam and not forced by ED......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3783003&postcount=181

"DCS: MiG-19P Farmer Update

The MiG-19P was originally planned for a release in January, but after an extensive review of the MiG-19, we and RAZBAM have decided to postpone its release until a few items are resolved. These include some needed improvements to the flight model and documentation. It’s RAZBAM’s desire to release the MiG-19P in a finished state so it will need just a little more time in the oven to meet this expectation."

, it would however be speculation on your behalf to assume whats working and what isn't. However since all of the primary functions are complete ( as per thier mig19 thread) it wont be long before EA is announced, since it seems just bit of spit and polish adjustments needed for a good quality release

Semantics. I don’t know of anyone distributing a release candidate and then pull the release completely.

It says “we” however. Take it as you want.

I don’t want another harrier debacle.

Semantics. I don’t know of anyone distributing a release candidate and then pull the release completely.

It says “we” however. Take it as you want.

I don’t want another harrier debacle.

91fc38476b55e4ed181937013528447e.png

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Just like real life. No aircraft, land, sea weapon system, vehicle is ever fully functional. There are always some problems, around which one must work around or work with.

F-16A/C still has DEEP STALL potential , which was simmed in another famous Falcon application. Get into a stall at high AOA, and if IAS is a certain magic number and AOA is certain magic number, given for aircraft GW, Falcom goes into a deep stall. FBW tries to get it out by pushing nose down, but not too down. So aircraft FBW fights itself, while loosing altitude until it pancakes into ground.

There is nothing in DCS: A-10C that precludes it from flying successful missions.

rework texture for F15 by razbam

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/f-15e-project

Mig 23

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/mig-23-project

mig 19

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/mig-19-project

A29

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/super-tucano-project

South Atlantic ground project

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/south-atlantic-terrain-project

I don't see the Mirage III, seem suspended

i have bought already the M2000C, Harrier, surely i will buy the mig 19, 23 and A29, i am razbam fan since the FSX, (i bought alize, skyraider, corsair)

from DCS, i bought all modules jets, i miss the F14 (next order) and i dont like C101,yak52,

i wish later the coming of F16,F4,Mig25,Mig 31, super etendard, mirage F1, mirage 3, tornado, F100, F106 delta dartn f117 nighthawk, it will take surely lot of time.

warbird, A5M2, P40, Hellcat, wildcat, k61, KIxx, corsair f4U, D520, MS406, huricane, p47, me262

has recent jet, i whish rafale F1 (serie prototype), eurofighter T1, gripen C,D , f22, su30

Edited by jpbordi

+1 .....With the difference that I will not buy the Mig-19 ...

And even if I'm interested in the Mirage 2000C I will not buy it until it's actually the airplane it's supposed to be, best wishes for the Harrier too ...

:thumbup:

i wouldn't prematurely judge a product on quality and proclaim not to buy because isnt even released yet...... therefore you have made a incomplete and unfair conclusion

IF people dont want to pre order fine, but I would wait at least until DCS youtubers get a release copy and starting making videos and listening to thier reviews before making a judgement whether not to buy

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I don’t agree with the excuse that all the bugs are there because ED are changing the core coding of the game all the time.

Well expect modules to break: Because not always internal testing will pick the bug up until the public get open beta. Then if your really good ED may release a hot fix, Or just dont buy EA modules then you wouldnt be here now complaining :)

Thanks for the M2KC. What a fun, agile fighter. In MP, others have the edge in BVR, but in the right hands, using the right tactics, she is deadly, and ASM.

Love the AV8B. First DCS VTOL fixed wing. What a great attacker. A little less destructive payload than the Hawg, but the extra speed, and VTOL, make the more frequent RTB’s fun, and exciting.

Looking forward to your MiG19. Faster than the 15bis, and more maneuverable than the 21. I think the F5’s, and others, are going to have their hands full trying to figure her out.

I know any official team post will set off a whirlwind of both cheers, and jeers, but I’m going to ask anyway, since this is the roadmap thread.

Some recent posts have given me the impression that the A29 is slipping down the order. Assuming the MiG team moves to the 23, and the Islas Malvinas team have years of work ahead of them, what’s next in the other channel(s)?

Lately we’ve been seeing more F15, and OV10 pics, than M3. I may be fooling myself by assuming pics mean anything, but if you guys are posting them, they must be things you’re excited to show us.

So… has the roadmap shifted?

I promise not to take any update as a promise. :smilewink:

Edited by Paganus

This is an old thread from 2017, it's a bit weird it remains sticky while the newer roadmap from 2018 went down: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3536909#post3536909

On the other hand you can see that they didn't met any milestones set for 2018, so maybe Razbam does not want to publish any more plans.

Hello gents, it's time to update our current roadmap

As most if not all 3d work in the Harrier is done (Tarawa needs more detailing) and M2000C is being updated/enhanced, this is what's on the table as for right now:

MiG-19, it's coming at a good pace, this module will be released as a full product, no beta or early access on this one, but it's coming THIS YEAR.

F-15E Strike Eagle work re-started, new 3d mesh in most parts, can't comment much on this one, but it's at full steam currently.

A-29 Supertucano, it's still under development, we hit a bump in the road with this one (3d dev had some personal issues) and we are a bit late on it, but work has been reinstated.

MiG-23, while you see some renders, it was decided that most will be made all over again, BUT development on this one will start once the MiG-19 is released.

As for the terrain development team/AI assets, they are working at full steam, this is a complete different team with different workflows and time frames, development is under way and expect news in a regular basis.

So what should be expected to be released this year from us?

MiG-19 for certain, but no MiG23

Finished Harrier

Enhanced/updated M2000C

probably an early access in either of the other modules

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well expect modules to break: Because not always internal testing will pick the bug up until the public get open beta. Then if your really good ED may release a hot fix, Or just dont buy EA modules then you wouldnt be here now complaining :)

If you read what I wrote I’m not complaining however feedback should be welcome if it’s constructive if I’m not mistaken.

I just pointed out known bugs and wrongly implemented systems in 2 modules that are how old?

3 and 1 year old now? How long On early access is too long?

• 4 weeks later...

some news about Mirage III razbam and map ? the old warrior was recently engage between pakistan and indian confrontation near cachemir frontier.

attack and bombing on terrorist/mercenary camp

12 M2000 - 4 SU30 - 2awacs - tanker

pak counter attack

pak 8 F16+ 4 Mirage 3 +4 JF17 vs india 4 SU30 + 2 M2000-H(upgraded (-9 level) + 2 Mig 21

1 indian mig21 down, one helo m17 down,

rumor F16 pak shooted down claim by india ,

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1260407977379171

Edited by jpbordi

Gents:

Our current schedule is the following (in no particular order)

AV-8B Night Attack Harrier II

Mig-19 (final versions to be announced)

A-29 Super Tucano

Mirage III

These are what we are currently working on, with dedicated teams with no conflicts between each project, you can follow their progress thru here or our Facebook page.

Also, we are putting final touches to the M2000C module.

Deadlines have been set, no, they can not be announced, but you´ll have at least 1 new module this year (my personal goal is 2 a year, let´s see if it can happen)

Can we have an update on the current roadmap from Razbam, the original message is already two years old. Thank you))

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Refersh status will be a good idea,

after the map south atlantic, may be, they willl look to prepare jets and ships for falkland war context

i will order all

35463314_1740430222710275_4879695340657180672_n.jpg

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/south-atlantic-terrain-project

it is a choice of razbam or not, no date, no confirmation, no info, just dream and wait ! :)

Any self induced hype is sole responsibility of the person involved and as already stated, is not the reason for this post. These aircraft are:

IA-58 Pucara

Mirage III (Pool majority vote Mirage III instead of dagger)

Dassault Super Etendard

Sea Harrier FRS.1

Edited by jpbordi

some news about Mirage III razbam and map ? the old warrior was recently engage between pakistan and indian confrontation near cachemir frontier.

attack and bombing on terrorist/mercenary camp

12 M2000 - 4 SU30 - 2awacs - tanker

pak counter attack

pak 8 F16+ 4 Mirage 3 +4 JF17 vs india 4 SU30 + 2 M2000-H(upgraded (-9 level) + 2 Mig 21

1 indian mig21 down, one helo m17 down,

rumor F16 pak shooted down claim by india ,

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1260407977379171

Upgraded Mirage 2000H are Mirage 2000 I, but only and handful have been upgraded, I doubt it would be already on front line duty.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi