BFT10 : Wrong Altitude? Why?

I manage to hope to succeed to complete all 4 new waypoints,

But WP6 UTM 37T, GG2923661948, ELE 12000 is problem.

I autopilot to level flight Alt 12000, But Instructor said wrong Altitude!!!

Altimeter set was default 2992.

Mission was not terminated, But rated Unqualified! after shut down!

Edited by Nansaram

Try a DCS Repair and capture a screenshot or trk file and we can investigate further.

A few users have indicated that the DCS Repair can correct triggers that don't seem to work correctly.

We will retest and see if we can reproduce it.

I did not Repair my DCS, But I complete this mission in this way.

I found that the altimeter value and Tacview altitude value is quite different.

A-10C altimeter 12000ft is about 12400ft in Tacview altitude, And Tacview altitude is the same of GPS altitude of A-10C G ALT value.

Look at my Screenshot image, the altimeter is 11660ft, G ALT is 12019ft and the same as Tacview ASL value. Anyway I complete this mission.

Altimter -> G ALT/Tacview Altitude

8000ft -> 8200ft

10000ft -> 10300ft

12000ft -> 12400ft

Screen_190126_110131.thumb.png.ed32f9d6159b59bfe8b8ef405b5a01e4.png

TacviewScreenshot.thumb.png.4edfd534be11e6b404d7d1de66039204.png

Edited by Nansaram

You'll get different altitudes depending on your instrument. Just because you set QNH doesn't mean your barometric altimeter is exactly equal to true altitude always.

Correct method is to find out what the "editor height" to check is given an understanding of the method you're supposed to reference altitude. So if you are supposed to reference your barometric altimeter then the mission maker has to replicate that situation and measure what the true height above datum is. This altitude is what gets tested, not the one the pilot thinks.

For example if task is to fly 15,000+-100' by barometric altimeter QNH 29.87 on a 5C SLT day maybe the editor script is really checking for 14,367+-100'. The responsibility rests with the mission maker to ensure that logical checks are appropriate to the method the pilot is expected to be using.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having troubles with this mission and this particular waypoint too. Tried several times and every time had trouble with altitude.

Thank you, Nansaram for your post. Using this approach, I've passed it. I hope, this bug will be fixed soon.

Alt 12000ft - wrong altitude :(

Alt 11650ft - well done! :)

The rest of waypoints look good though.