Night-mode for DCS Kneeboard

Fisherman82

Since I got VR the DCS Kneeboard has become vital to me since I cant see my beloved papers anymore.

On Night flights though its not so nice for my eyes to look at the kneeboard since its so bright compared to the rest. My eyes need to adjust from night to extremly bright and back again just to glance at a approach chart for example.

It would be great if there was a keyboard input for "Toggle Kneeboard Night-mode" resulting in the images in the kneeboard beeing shown in a reduced brightness mode. Like a filter on it that perhaps also is a little green simulating the shine from a NVG-compatible finger-light.

Like this one

https://www.flitelite.com/collections/nvis-finger-lights/products/nvis-finger-light-fg-ng-or-fg-n

Im no modder but would it be possible to create such a filter as a mod if ED dont?

I would not mind to use OVMG to turn i on and off, If I would just get it I would be happy

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perhaps I should add that obviously I know that I could take at least my own images and change the contrast in a image editor software but its a huge job when you have a lot of pages for checklists and so on so its not possible to do it if you also want to be able to fly a little.

A toggle for night-mode in DCS would be much appreciated.

Its funny I have been formatting everything I build in a mid grey for this reason and copping slack from non VR players that they should be easier to read. I think it would be a great feature but the reality is I think that a lot of people dont use the kneeboards as much as they should

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png