FPS Limit?

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hi,

I have a strange behavior in the current OB. My frames are capped out @65 fps and i can't find any reason for it. No V-Sync (I have a G-Sync monitor) or other similar settings (ingame or driver). I the current stable version (with the same settings) everything is ok (up to 100+ fps depending on scenery. :dunno:

edit: i7 8700k @5,1GHz, 32GB, 2080ti

Thanks. These are the main differences I can see:

Pagefile size

That's weird, it should be idenical, but you may have changed in the last week (6400 MB on June 30th for release - 6144 MB today for OB). By the way, is it you who set the Pagefile? It should be 32 GB by default.

Trees Visibility

6000 on release - 10000 on OB

MSAA

1 on release - 0 on OB

Clutter max distance

1500 on release - 1300 on OB

Forest distance factor

1 on release - 0.9 on OB

Visibility range

Extreme on release - Ultra on OB

SSLR

0 on release - 1 on OB

Preload radius

109000 on release - 100300 on OB

DX11BACKEND: Driver Command Lists (what the hell is that?)

1 on release - 0 on OB

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I played a little bit with the settings in the last few days. None of these differences explain a fps cap @65.

Edit: I did not change the pagefile size. I don't even know how or where...

Edited by felixx75

Edit: I did not change the pagefile size. I don't even know how or where...

/Pagefile parenthesis

Here you go.

There are two sides: those who say "page file is bad, and I have a lot of RAM anyway" and those who say "leave Windows have it its own way". By default, Windows creates a pagefile.sys file the size of your RAM. I've seen that you have 32 GB of RAM. So if you have an SSD with a lot of free space, I suggest you read the article above to reach the virtual memory configuration menu, then check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox". It won't change your FPS capping, but you will have a standard W10 configuration.

Mind that it is possible your W10 already manages your paging file size automatically, since the pagefile numbers are not the same bewteen June 30th and July 7th in your log files.

/End of pagefile parenthesis

Back to your FPS capping issue. I don't think the capping comes from the game, because you seem to be the only one to have this issue.

Have you by any chance applied a specific configuration to your DCS open beta executable using the NVIDIA software?

Hi Felixx, I also have the same capped frame rate (65) running latest OB. V-Sync in-game and Nvidia CP both off. Non G-Sync Monitor.

Tried a few things..

Fullscreen/Windowed

Commenting out "maxfps" from graphics.lua (was still default at 180)

Updated graphics driver (now 451.48)

Tried enabling the Nvidia Shadow Play overlay (as mentioned in another post)

....still capped at 65 (using in-game frame counter)

Not sure where to look next?

EDIT: Other games don't exhibit this behavior, also tried different terrains and modules...still the same.

EDIT EDIT ** : I seemed to have found the culprit. I found a line in my export.lua relating to Helios (not used anymore) once removed frame rates where back to normal..YAY

Edited by Prodigy
Solved

i7-6700K | Asus Z170I Pro Gaming | 16GB | GTX1070 | 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | Win 10 | TIR5 | TM Hotas Warthog

EDIT EDIT ** : I seemed to have found the culprit. I found a line in my export.lua relating to Helios (not used anymore) once removed frame rates where back to normal..YAY

Good job!

Are you using HELIOS as well, Felixx?

Well, I do have the same symptoms "locked 65 FPS" and do not use Helios!

Everything else were made without any positive result.

Even Rollback of the Nvidia Drivers....

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Hi Quax, I saw on another thread here a user having the same issue which turned out to be a Winwing script in his export.lua file. I wonder if you have something in your file causing the issue ?

i7-6700K | Asus Z170I Pro Gaming | 16GB | GTX1070 | 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | Win 10 | TIR5 | TM Hotas Warthog

Well, Felixx uses a Winwing device: that's in his log files. But he uses it both with release and OB... I wonder why the bug would only affect OB.

Can you please attach your export.lua files, Felixx and Quax?

• Solution

Bingo! Prodigy was right. Your Export.lua file has been modified by the Winwing installer. Please comment the two first lines of your script by adding "--", like below, and your issue should go away.

See here for details.

6681aafd191f73c2810f5c037958b75e.png

Thank you all so much. That was the problem!! :thumbup:

I think because I deleted the Stable before installing the winwing and reinstalled the stable after installing the winwing, it came up in the BETA only.

Edited by felixx75

Hi,guys.

Can I take some of your time?:helpsmilie:

1.Enter the SimApp Pro installation path,And find file(SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua)

2.Open the wwtExport.lua file,and change the (t=t+0.01) to (t=t+0.02,t=t+0.03).

3.Save the wwtExport.lua file,and run SimApp Pro.You need to sure the APU light sync.

4.Run DCS, and fill the table for me.please multiple test.

[TABLE] t|fps

t=t+0.01|65(like Felixx75 the fps is 65)

t=t+0.02|

t=t+0.03|

[/TABLE]

Give me more test result,please.

Thank you very much!:thumbup:

Edited by fogshadow

Hi,guys.

Can I take some of your time?:helpsmilie:

1.Enter the SimApp Pro installation path,And find file(SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua)

2.Open the wwtExport.lua file,and change the (t=t+0.01) to (t=t+0.02,t=t+0.03).

3.Save the wwtExport.lua file,and run SimApp Pro.You need to sure the APU light sync.

4.Run DCS, and fill the table for me.please multiple test.

[TABLE] t|fps

t=t+0.01|65(like Felixx75 the fps is 65)

t=t+0.02|

t=t+0.03|

[/TABLE]

Give me more test result,please.

Thank you very much!:thumbup:

Makes no difference. it's always 65fps

Edited by felixx75

• 1 year later...

Oh guys, you are genious!!! I was stuck at 22 FPS (!) and close to end my flying career. It was the Winwing software (for the combat ready and the takeoff panel), that added these lines into my Export.lua

Now I´m back with good FPS.

Thank you so much and best wishes!!!

Unfortunately, as soon as I start the SimApp Pro Application again, the lines are back and the FPS are gone.

Screenshot FPS in game.png

Edited by Urban-Fighter

I had contact with Winwing and they came pretty fast with an update of the SimAppPro to version 1.6.27 (beta) what solved almost every impact to DCS. They gave me also the hint, what file to modify to reduce the impact even more.

It´s all about the file \SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua

Now I can enjoy the flights with good FPS an all the advantages of the hardware (illuminating buttons)

1642643712547.png

• 6 months later...

When I first installed my WinWing Orion throttle  it wrote a line of code to my export.lua that for some reason capped my frames right around 60. Deleted it since I don’t use the sim app pro software anyway and its no longer capped. I don’t understand why but it was the culprit

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones