How do I set the CSEL?

Tregarth

In his YouTube "Case 1 Recovery" Wags somehow makes the desired course show in the DDI screen and CSEL appears in the OSI display. This helps him work out his position as he passes the carrier before he makes his descent.

I have watched that YouTube countless times and I cannot see how the CSEl is set. Even in Chuck's F-18 Hornet Guide there aren't any instructions.

Is there a step by step guide on how to do this, please? I have worked out how to use the ILS and TCN but not the CSEL.

Thank you.

Just click and hold the CRS switch for more than a second or so. Hold it until CSEL appears on the UFC.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Not sure if it's the official/published method but, after some quick experimentation I came up with this: hold the course select lever for a second or two; when "CSEL" pops up type in the desired course; click Enter.

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Not sure if it's the official/published method but, after some quick experimentation I came up with this: hold the course select lever for a second or two; when "CSEL" pops up type in the desired course; click Enter.

It`s all said in this post.

After typing in the course, click ENTER on the UFC.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Thank you for this. I think he actually entered a course in the UFC display (340) and then made that appear in the DDI, how did he do that, please?

Thank you.

Exactly as described above. Hold the Course Select switch (just above and to the right of the MPCD) in either direction for a second, and CSEL will appear in the UFC. Typing the desired course and hitting enter will cause the course to be set to that heading in the HSI.

The set course line will appear relative to the beacon when TACAN is selected on the HSI page.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

How to you show the course line again when after changing DDI page without changing the course?

Once I change DDI page and 'box' the tacan again the course is not shown.
If I press the course set know to show the course it will change it by a few deg as well.
I only want to show it to the previous set course without  effecting it.

hace 20 minutos, karpiyon dijo:

How to you show the course line again when after changing DDI page without changing the course?

Once I change DDI page and 'box' the tacan again the course is not shown.
If I press the course set know to show the course it will change it by a few deg as well.
I only want to show it to the previous set course without  effecting it.

What I do is:
1) reselect TACAN
2) press the CRS switch ONCE (this will show the course line with a +/- 1 degree from the original course)
3) press the CRS switch ONCE the opposite of 2) (to counter the +/- 1 degree offset)

I haven't found any other method yet...

• 1 month later...