VR issues 2.5.6.50321

Hammer1-1

While on the carrier, I kept getting both eyes flickering black panels and a few other colors while parked. Didnt experience this while landing on the carrier, only after I lifted the hook and parked the aircraft. I was flying the Hornet, it was the Lincoln that I landed on. Track file included, DxDIAG attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsjkxlqewa2l25a/Aerobatics%20Online%20Caucasus%20OpenBeta-20200604-131001.trk?dl=0

DxDiag.txt

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I also have the same issuein VR, screenshot attached.

Happens ONLY on the Super Carrier and not anywhere else.

That's not true it'll happen anywhere a cast light source intersects the camera at an angle with MSAA enabled. Try taxiing past some F/A-18Cs with their taxi lights on. You'll have the same effect.

It's an 18 month old bug.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227646

Disable MSAA and it'll stop.

It's MSAA. It's not just the supercarrier, and it's a bug that's about 18 months old.

Disable MSAA and increase your PD or target render resolution in steam.

Never seen this issue before, so that cant be it. Been flying VR in DCS for a very long time, never had this issue up until I got on the new carrier.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Never seen this issue before, so that cant be it. Been flying VR in DCS for a very long time, never had this issue up until I got on the new carrier.

It was rare before because most lights were baked. This seems to be a result of cast light cones interacting with MSAA somehow.

Disable MSAA and it goes away. It's worse in 2.5.6 because of all the extra dynamic lighting but this problem has existed since 2.5 at least.

Then that would make the issue only visible when the lights are on. Im flying daylight; the lights are off. Never experienced it until I landed on the Lincoln for the first time in daylight. Ill test it later since the new patch is released, but dont think it changed.

My wallpaper and skins

Guys, this is not a MSAA issue. I have had mine enabled this whole time no issue with VR. After todays update, same issue as above, the flickering in each eye only on the super carrier. No where else in game. I am wondering if this has something to do with the Super Carrier update in this patch with "Specular reflections for dynamic lighting." This IS NOT an 18 month old issue. Super Carrier was working fine upon release in my PIMAX 8K VR with no issues until this patch. I am sure ED will get it fixed. It is only when on board the carrier, not flying over it. Also noticed that each time I tried, in Multiplayer and single, the deck was auto populated with aircraft ect...

I didnt think it was, just knew it was connected to the super carrier module.

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

Hi all,

I have not been able to reproduce this with my vive cosmos so far.

will ask other testers to look also

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It might have something to do with it being a Reverb.

My wallpaper and skins

Just on the new supercarriers with anything cluttering the deck.

My wallpaper and skins

I spend a lot of time on the SC at the moment, i have not seen it there. It sounds very similar to some issues that people have on the Reverb when its not getting enough power ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It was a problem for me for a couple days after I installed the Sc. Turned off Msaa and rebooted, turned back on and haven't seen it since. Whatever it was, was annoying as f@ck so I feel your pain. Not sure what fixed it but thank goodness its gone.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I get it every time I’m on the SC, in a Rift S.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Ok small update, I tried flying in VR yesterday and didnt notice anymore black outs in either eye...however, I see significant amounts of lag and jitters when arriving on deck or even flying around the carriers. Performance easily drops below 50%.

My wallpaper and skins

Same issue here. Flicker free VR until downloading Supercarrier this morning. The right hand side of the 'left eye' goes black when at a certain position. Totally repeatable.

I'm using a Vive Pro. Graphics card is 1080 Ti. Processor i7-7700K.

Disabling MSAA fixes the issue, but things look pretty grim without it. Hiking up the PD helps the image but the performance hit at 2.0 renders the sim practically useless. Looks great until something moves though!

Let's not get too hung up on this being a problem with the supercarrier. While this can happen there, it happens in any plane and in any terrain, usually only on the ground.

I had it happen in the spitfire in the channel map at dusk. It's very likely related to cast shadows or lights somehow.

That said I did get a screenshot of it happening.

veCH61B.png

Edited by FoxTwo

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, my original settings were no reprojection mode as it causes stuttering.

My wallpaper and skins

So just repeating, I'm able to reproduce this OUTSIDE of the supercarrier. Taxiing behind another F/A-18C with my taxi light on causes the same issue when the light interacts with other objects (specifically the other F/A-18C in front of me). Turning the taxi light off causes it to stop.

The problem is either the cast light cone or shadow maps, regardless it's impact is significant and I feel like this issue is being ignored or unacknowledged.