how to switch between VR and monitor mode

steve2112

is there a way to switch between VR and monitor other than going to settings, VR and disable VR then restart?

i'm using the mission editor and prefer to do that on the monitor then fly in VR

My kit: i7-4790K@4GHz / 8GB - GTX 980ti + rift CV1 - X52 pro - Multi Keyboard Remapper - 2DOF motion sim (in development)

create another shortcut (use copy/paste) on desktop, right click on each and edit Target field like this

This shortcut will start DCS with VR enabled:

C:\DCS\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR

This shortcut will start DCS with VR disabled:

C:\DCS\bin\DCS.exe --force_disable_VR

your path might be different to mine, so take that into account, basically you just need to add the --force_enable_VR and --force_disable_VR command

No longer active in DCS...

create another shortcut (use copy/paste) on desktop, right click on each and edit Target field like this

This shortcut will start DCS with VR enabled:

C:\DCS\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR

This shortcut will start DCS with VR disabled:

C:\DCS\bin\DCS.exe --force_disable_VR

your path might be different to mine, so take that into account, basically you just need to add the --force_enable_VR and --force_disable_VR command

ok thanks, so you still have to quit and restart then. no way staying in game?

i made my shortcut target this

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Run.exe" --force_disable_VR

but its still starting in VR mode (i have the VR option checked on)

Edited by steve2112

My kit: i7-4790K@4GHz / 8GB - GTX 980ti + rift CV1 - X52 pro - Multi Keyboard Remapper - 2DOF motion sim (in development)

ok thanks, so you still have to quit and restart then. no way staying in game?

i made my shortcut target this

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Run.exe" --force_disable_VR

but its still starting in VR mode (i have the VR option checked on)

This method doesn't work with Run.exe. You have to point the shortcut to DCS.exe found in the Bin folder. Took me a while to figure out that one. :doh:

This method doesn't work with Run.exe. You have to point the shortcut to DCS.exe found in the Bin folder. Took me a while to figure out that one. :doh:

thanks, i'll try that

• 3 years later...