Storm of War - DCS WWII / Historical Server

philstyle

Are there any plans adding MW50 again for the axis planes ? I get the point to make it a better match historicaly but a K4 for example will remain a K4. Think it just limits the player base, many just don't want to fly that way. Diffucult desicion I know, server is great by the way.

This has been discussed ad nauseam. Phil's made it very clear that the answer is no and will remain no. Even without MW50, the Kurfurst still outperforms the "historical" Bf109G6 (which is the one that fits the server timeline). Asking for the Kurfurst is already a stretch, but asking for the MW50 as well is IMHO not a reasonable request.

Allies have a Spitfire from late 1943 and an underrated Mustang; the Anton is the only axis plane that fits this 'summer 44' scenario. Ideally we would have the allied planes currently available against FW190 A-6/8s and BF 109G5/6s. Keeping MW50 off of the server is the only way to keep the server even remotely 'historically accurate'.

This has been discussed ad nauseam. Phil's made it very clear that the answer is no and will remain no. Even without MW50, the Kurfurst still outperforms the "historical" Bf109G6 (which is the one that fits the server timeline). Asking for the Kurfurst is already a stretch, but asking for the MW50 as well is IMHO not a reasonable request.

Allies have a Spitfire from late 1943 and an underrated Mustang; the Anton is the only axis plane that fits this 'summer 44' scenario. Ideally we would have the allied planes currently available against FW190 A-6/8s and BF 109G5/6s. Keeping MW50 off of the server is the only way to keep the server even remotely 'historically accurate'.

Due to a new family member I wasn't up to date on the latest WWII server discussions, thx for the detailed explanaition Chuck. Problem without MW50 is it was meant to cool the engine too. Will switch tactics ... Expect a high flying german )))

whilst waiting for the scoreboard to update i saw this achievement awarded to the lowest player .....

https://flic.kr/p/2jn2p4B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

This is the server for noobs.. Bf 109 K-4 and Dora 9 both without MW-50 are very 'historical', right. That's just a lame excuse so the allied planes can have an advantage. DCS is about accuracy NOT 'balance'. You should go to IL2 or Warthunder if you seek 'balance'. It's a shame that such servers exist in DCS.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

This is the server for noobs.. Bf 109 K-4 and Dora 9 both without MW-50 are very 'historical', right. That's just a lame excuse so the allied planes can have an advantage. DCS is about accuracy NOT 'balance'. You should go to IL2 or Warthunder if you seek 'balance'. It's a shame that such servers exist in DCS.

:megalol:

Canidate for a second "Not even Hand-Wash" achievement :D

Serverstats show 749 kills for Luftwaffe, only 671 for USAAF & RAF.

:megalol:

Canidate for a second "Not even Hand-Wash" achievement :D

Serverstats show 749 kills for Luftwaffe, only 671 for USAAF & RAF.

Which confirms what I said.. noobs..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I'll just leave this here..

TBkTAqi.png

G6XLe1V.png

And every post you make makes you less relevant to this community.

This server owes you NOTHING. Don't like don't play.

Frankly, down to your your obnoxiousness round here I'm hoping you stay away.

I knew that haters gonna hate. The truth hurts you? That means you're in denial..

Specs:

Settings:

I knew that haters gonna hate. The truth hurts you? That means you're in denial..

Lol! Nah, I dislike the way you operate you cos you have a preformed opinion based solely on your own expectations that no amount of logical reasoning or evidence changes. I'm quite at ease with my own skillset or any shortfalls therein, thanks.

Storm of War is trying to be historical. Strictly speaking if they were being absolutist, only the Spitfire, A-8 and P-47 should be available as the P-51D-25 wouldn't be around for another 3-4 months and as for the K-4 and D-9....

That would alienate a whole host of the DCS WW2 community, which is clearly counterproductive.

But then you know all that already, very, very well.

So why the post?

Clearly you are just in here to troll, to try to make those who use and garner some form of enjoyment from this server feel inadequate or guilty for a perceived wrongdoing to you, I suspect that this sticks you in a very fragile ego. That's not only mean spirited, but very, very selfish, and not a little bit arrogant.

Whose pathetic now, hmmm?

Thank Amazingme for your polite, adult and insightful feedback, as usual.

The current SoW missions are set in June 1944. Neither the Dora, nor the K4 existed at that time. So, the 109-K4 and the Dora without MW-50 are acting as stand-ins for currently missing aircraft such as the 109-G6 and other F.W- variants [G-8 & F8] .

Once those modules are released, the 109-K4 and the FW190-D9 will be removed from the server entirely, so you can fly on it, knowing that it won't upset your deep desire for historicity.

Exactly the same would be done if there were ways to compensate for a couple of the slightly-post June 1944 allied aircraft too. If it were possible to disable the gyro-sight on the P-51, this would be done by server admins, as it is a post June 1944 feature. But, as it stands currently, ED/DCS does not allow us to do that.

Likewise with the P47, once the three variants of the P47 are released, SoW will only have the oldest of the 3, which I understand will be the D-28.

The strictly historical alternative would be to remove the K4 an the D9 now, completely, and to have only the FW-190 A8 on the server for the blue side. But this would simply limit the choice too much, and many people do not have the Anton.

When we get around to August 1944 missions, then the MW-50 powered Dora will be "historical" for the map. The K-4 will never be historical for the Normandy map, because by the time the K-4 was operational, the battle had moved well to the north and east.

In any case, thanks for stimulating this discussion and helping to push the server to the top of the thread list. The visibility is appreciated.

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Thank Amazingme for your polite, adult and insightful feedback, as usual.

The current SoW missions are set in June 1944. Neither the Dora, nor the K4 existed at that time. So, the 109-K4 and the Dora without MW-50 are currently acting as stand-ins for currently missing aircraft such as the 109-G6 and other F.W- variants [G-8 & F8] .

Once those modules are released, the 109-K4 and the FW190-D9 will be removed from the server entirely, so you can fly on it, knowing that it won't upset your deep desire for historicity.

Exactly the same would be done if there were ways to compensate for a couple of the slightly-post June 1944 allied aircraft too. If it were possible to disable the gyro-sight on the P-51, this would be done by server admins, as it is a post Jun 1944 feature. But, as it stands currently, ED/DCS does not allow us to do that.

Likewise with the P47, once the three variants of the P47 are released, SoW will only have the oldest of the 3, which I understand will be the D-28.

The strictly historical alternative would be to remove the K4 an the D9 now, completely, and to have only the FW-190 A8 on the server for the blue side. But this would simply limit the choice too much, and many people do not have the Anton.

When we get around to August 1944 missions, then the MW-50 powered Dora will be "historical" for the map. The K-4 will never be historical for the Normandy map, because by the time the K-4 was operational, the battle had moved well to the north and east.

In any case, thanks for stimulating this discussion and helping to push the server to the top of the thread list. The visibility is appreciated.

You're saying that G-6 is exactly a K-4 without MW-50.. very realistic what can I say. You managed to split the community, that's all. "Historical" missions.. what historical missions are you talking about exactly?

Specs:

Settings:

You're saying that G-6 is exactly a K-4 without MW-50.. very realistic what can I say. You managed to split the community, that's all. "Historical" missions.. what historical missions are you talking about exactly?

No, I am not saying that. No.

What I am saying is this:

The current SoW missions are set in June 1944. Neither the Dora, nor the K4 existed at that time. So, the 109-K4 and the Dora without MW-50 are currently acting as stand-ins for currently missing aircraft such as the 109-G6 and other F.W- variants [G-8 & F8] .

Exactly the same would be done if there were ways to compensate for a couple of the slightly-post June 1944 allied aircraft too. If it were possible to disable the gyro-sight on the P-51, this would be done by server admins, as it is a post Jun 1944 feature. But, as it stands currently, ED/DCS does not allow us to do that.

100% historical accuracy in DCS is very difficult to achieve because of the wide variety in the maps and the planes. When coming up with mission concepts if I can get two of the correct planes, in the correct theatre, with the correct assets, at the correct time period I consider it a miracle.

I honestly think that SoW is about as close as you can get, and it's not because I use the server, because I don't ( any longer ) thanks to technical issues.

I suppose the worst thing you can say is that the K-4 is a bit awkward to operate without MW50 because the engine will blow up very quickly if you advance the throttle too far. But it's not that bad.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Phil,

This is exactly why I have implored you many times to remove the K-4 from the server. It is not historical, it did not exist in June 1944 and even without the MW-50 it is vastly superior to the G-6 it is standing in for.

I don't mind taking on the K-4 in my early 43 model Spitfire, but it causes so much angst amongst the players on both sides that I think removing it would result in a more pleasant experience.

This is exactly why I have implored you many times to remove the K-4 from the server. It is not historical, it did not exist in June 1944 and even without the MW-50 it is vastly superior to the G-6 it is standing in for.

Rob, I totally get this.

Unfortunately, being in the position where we would only have 1 type on the German side (the Anton), thanks to ED's choice of modules, would frustrate me . . . All we can do is hope for the G6, and lobby ED to dedicated resources to it as soon as possible.

That would solve a myriad of problems.

Thanks for the amazing laugh, amazingme

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria