Looking for a new module that performs well in VR

cmorris975

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the sim again but the performance in VR is not what it used to be on my rig. I still want to support ED (and have some fun during quarantine!) and buy a new plane to play around with.

Since my FPS has been cut almost in half, I really need one that plays nice with VR on a modestly specced machine.

I am wondering if the Mig-19, F-16 or F-14 might fit the bill? I already have the Mig-21, Mig-15, F-5E, AV-8, M2000 and FC3.

Sadly, the F-5 is my favorite ride but doesn't seem to work well with VR. I get a lot of ghosting of planes that I'd never seen before in DCS (seen plenty in the 'other' sim).

Thanks for any insight!

Chris

I had the same issue! Performance was stellar, newest updates sent the frames to shit. I shut off the shadows, and had WAY better performance.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

I had the same issue! Performance was stellar, newest updates sent the frames to shit. I shut off the shadows, and had WAY better performance.

Awesome man! I will try that. Maybe it will make it so I can justify getting a new bird.

Thank you!

I find that the F-14 has worse performance in VR than the F-5E, haven't tried the other 2 though. The Harrier is a lot of fun in VR but the performance is no better than the F-5E for me.

Have you considered trying a helicopter? The Huey has relatively good VR performance and is soooo much fun to fly in VR.

RTX 4090, AMD 5800x3D, 32GB Ram 

I find that the F-14 has worse performance in VR than the F-5E, haven't tried the other 2 though. The Harrier is a lot of fun in VR but the performance is no better than the F-5E for me.

Have you considered trying a helicopter? The Huey has relatively good VR performance and is soooo much fun to fly in VR.

That's an idea! I used to LOVE Jane's Longbow back in the day. Huey would be fun.

Turning off all shadows helped a lot too. Almost back to where I was performance-wise.

Decisions, decisions!

edit: I am having planes warp position a few hundred feet in the sky randomly. This is in single-player. Going to hold off on any new purchases for now as DCS has just gotten too buggy. The new performance problems + warping planes is a bit much.

Edited by cmorris975