STEP Change for JSOW/JDAM

NineLine

Trim, trim, trim!

Yup. It rolls real bad deopping 2000lb bombs for instance.

Other dumb things ive done are 1 harm and jsow loadouts. It flew, just not well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Would it be possible for Wags to update or replace his excellent (though now incorrect) youtube video on deploying multiple JDAMs/JSOWs?

His videos are often a prime reference (at least for me) on how to do cool things in Hornet. Replacing it with the updated procedure will save lots of grief for anyone from now on learning how to send 4 GBU31s on their merry way.

so if you have a pair of JDAMs on each of two pylons, stations 2 and 8 for example, and have 4 targets to hit, how are you supposed to set different target coordinates for each bomb?

the QTY command only appears to allow the two stations to be selected and the resulting STEPs only appear to toggle between two weapons. or, despite having a qty of 2, does it still allow you to program all 4 bombs?

Otherwise, do you need to do one pass to attack the first 2 targets and then reprogram the remaining two bombs with the coords for the final 2 targets?

so if you have a pair of JDAMs on each of two pylons, stations 2 and 8 for example, and have 4 targets to hit, how are you supposed to set different target coordinates for each bomb?

the QTY command only appears to allow the two stations to be selected and the resulting STEPs only appear to toggle between two weapons. or, despite having a qty of 2, does it still allow you to program all 4 bombs?

Otherwise, do you need to do one pass to attack the first 2 targets and then reprogram the remaining two bombs with the coords for the final 2 targets?

that is what the PP is for. load tgt data on PP1 and PP2 for each station. roll in on tgt as normal. pickle, pickle, pp2, pickle, pp2, pickle, off safe.

Edited by Bones1775

i've apparently missed something and having gone back into the mission i have been trying to do, i cannot find anything that looks like PB1 or PB2.

Could you please give me a clue where i might find them or where i might find some instruction as to how to program and use multiple bombs on a smaller number of pylons?

Don't know whether it's been reported. Currently if you program 4 stations the auto/step will not work correctly.

I had 4 stations (2 bombs each) .

I reserved two stations for Target A

and the other 2 for B.

When starting the firing sequence it may happen that it doesn't step through the stations at all.

(had left MPCD on JSOW - display, right on Stores page for confirmation).

After dropping 1 bomb from station 2 it wouldn't step to the next stations if the targets are not close to each other.

If you do it manually the station in the MPCD doesn't seem to be the one which will actually fire.

I had half of my load prorgammed to a different target (some 50nm away) and I stepped "over" the stations reserved for that. However, after firing 4 of the stations (checked in both MPCDs) I found that I couldn't return to the still armed stations because they have been fired.

I was firing different stations than the ones shown in the Stores and JSOW MSN page..

In case I am missing some detail let me know. Trying to create a trk file now.

Edited by Khegrow
typo

It looks like there are some PP buttons along the top of the JDAM display and it appears as though they might still work, even though they are crossed out.

I'll give it a try

Edit: sweet, it looks like the crosses disappear when the target coords have been input. now to see how they deploy

Edited by Greyman

hmmm, it looks like i should have followed @Bones1775's guidance a little more closely as even though i thought i'd programmed each bomb with a different set of coordinates, not selecting PP2 after the dropping the first pair, causes the bombs to hit just two targets.

That seems odd if the 4 bombs themselves had been programmed with independent coordinates. the pylon must be what gets programmed and the target coordinates transferred to the bomb just before release.

Edit: i've saved the track, just in case anyone might be interested. ;)

Edited by Greyman

hmmm, it looks like i should have followed @Bones1775's guidance a little more closely as even though i thought i'd programmed each bomb with a different set of coordinates, not selecting PP2 after the dropping the first pair, causes the bombs to hit just two targets.

That seems odd if the 4 bombs themselves had been programmed with independent coordinates. the pylon must be what gets programmed and the target coordinates transferred to the bomb just before release.

Pylon=Station

You program 2 targets per Station.

If all goes well you can cycle once through all.

Let's assume you start at Station 2

2 - pickle pp1

8 - pickle pp1

3 - pickle pp1

7 - pickle pp1

***Now after that one you'll return to

2 - pp1 (!!!) you now have to press PP2 on mpcd -> Pickle

8 -> pp1(!!) again...

This is GREAT for volleybombing something into oblivion. However.. see my post above.

If you programmed some stations for targets that are further away (say: different waypoint being 30nm away) take extreme care...

the mission has all 4 targets within pretty close proximity and after programming the coordinates of each of those targets into one of my 4 bombs, i simply pickled all of the bombs at the same time.

i would just have expected that the target coordinates would have been transferred directly into the circuitry of the bombs themselves, which would mean that they would each be targeted at a specific target, regardless of how and when you drop them. From their behaviour, it would appear that the coordinates are only transferred to the bomb at the point of release, oh well, live and learn i guess

• ED Team
Would it be possible for Wags to update or replace his excellent (though now incorrect) youtube video on deploying multiple JDAMs/JSOWs?

His videos are often a prime reference (at least for me) on how to do cool things in Hornet. Replacing it with the updated procedure will save lots of grief for anyone from now on learning how to send 4 GBU31s on their merry way.

I am sure he will eventually, but probably best now to wait till development is buttoned up.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It has been stated that down the line we'll have the ability to designate Left and Right on a BRU-55 rack to give a different target without having to step the PP manually.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/