Red Alert 2

Alpenwolf

Red won the day. AGAIN!

7 out of 12 T-55's and 3 out of 4 BTR-80's made it to Anapa and recaptured it. Half the MiG's were lost, unlike in round 1 where all MiG's were lost except for 1 maybe.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thank you Alpenwolf and the 104th, for another great reading to get together with fellow MiG lovers. I attempted to get back for the debrief but couldn’t locate the channel everyone was in, probably Blue, which I didn’t want to impose. Should have risked it. Missed the initial push due to an issue with my wingman, then discover I had a dormant control conflict that couldn’t keep me on the runway. Relaunched to be a Phoenix sponge, still had and amazing time!

Public thanks to Variable, absolutely great to get directions from you, clear and concise, very professional. LazzySeal, great plan. Vietkong, thanks for filling in our flight. All Reds, great work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Don't know what happened with my controls during first takeoff. Plane was trying to slide and refusing to takeoff. Minus 1 plane.

I was almost a takeoff casualty as well. My #1 engine was not developing hardly any thrust on my takeoff roll. I aborted on the runway and stopped to troubleshoot the issue. My gauges were showing that the engine was operating but it was not providing thrust. I ended up getting a new plane. That fixed the problem.

I had a pretty good time right up until I had a sudden blackout while turning on the SA-3 STR... I don't think I was hit by anything. A TACVIEW would be nice. Thanks Alpenwolf and 104th for the fun event!

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Thanks Alpenwolf and everyone who participated.

I wasn't impressed with my death however. I was in VR and forgot to open the countermeasure cover. I saw the missile launch that got Britchot looked down to open the cover so I could go defensive. I ended up clicking the mouse outside of the screen. I lost all controls and piled into the ground.

Next time I will remember to go full screen.

Alpenwolf, 104th guys thank you! As usual cool interesting mission!

As somebody said yesterday by debriefing, there are too few events made for MiGs. And that's great that we have a possibility to fly such missions like Red Alert from you. :thumbup:

Telling about my flight, I can surely say it was pretty short. I have but prepared me for such scenario.

ROSS_Pups and I flown to Anapa from the north-eastern side as it was planned. We turned but a bit later as needed so we found us north to Anapa. We turned around it and, as there weren't concrete tasks for us, we flown directly to Anapa. Short time later, we met an one F-18 what shot down one of red planes at that time.

Unfortunately, he noticed us in time, and we went towards each other. At that moment, the question was who would lock the target faster and whose flairs would be more effective. Speaking of flairs - I forgot to open the cover of the flairs button, so I fully failed to help me a bit. We exchanged missiles and parted. Enemy missile hit me as well as my missile hit him. After the attack, I thought I'm okay because I could continue to fly but my engine exploded soon. My own missile killed the F-18 pilot. That was the end of the event for me.

ROSS_Pups survived and went to refuel in Novorossiysk. Later, he successfully shot down another F-18, also attacked him head-on.

Here is the stream made from my aircraft (I have just cut out the first half-hour of failed mission starts) -

P.S. Alpenwolf, why do you not fly yourself in your events?

P.S. Alpenwolf, why do you not fly yourself in your events?

I'd love to, but I've got to monitor the event and look for potential improvements. You know, see how things go, evaluate and then distribute in the next event.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Sad to have missed this one. Hopefully I can make the next!

Hope to see you and some of your squadron members in round 3. Will be a tough one for Red!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thank you Alpen and Maverick for your organization effort, your tournaments got me into regular international events.

Thank you, Lazy and Firefly for coordinating the red team, it was great and paid well.

Good luck blue next time, we like to be challanged.