Module Request/proposal: Pilatus PC-21

Matt_j25

Hi there fellow simmers,

I have come to realize how great of an asset the Pilatus PC-21 is in pilot training and how we as a community should consider the aircraft as a potential module.

The role of the PC-21 is to train pilots in Air Forces all around the world to fly, and as well as to prepare them to fly more complex jets such as the F/A-18 Hornet without 'Lead in Fighter' training.

The PC-21 is a 2 seat, single engine Turboprop advanced trainer with a top speed of 370kts, and a ceiling of 38,000ft. The aircraft can pull up to +8.0g and -4.0g.

The cockpit systems consist of 2 multi-function displays, a PFD and SFD, and EMD (Engine Monitoring Display), and HUD. The PC-21 can also simulate weapon engagement of both A2A and A2G missiles and bombs.

My question to you guys out there is: Is there any chance we can push for this to become a module in the not so distant future with the help of the community?

Thanks guys :)

-Matt

PC-21_3.jpg.32479167e147824ef2e2264283d1a128.jpg

3-1.jpg.4949134a8637b484c5b3ea2ed8ef39b0.jpg

Pilatus_pc-21_hb-hzc_lands_arp.thumb.jpg.b39b9f323fe455d9537bfff49d56dec2.jpg

Edited by Matt_j25

Matt Jensen

i7 8700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, Saitek X-55 Rhino, Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 Pro Clip

would be an instant buy, more or less, as much as it would cost. But one thing that is in development is the super-tucano by razbam, that is pretty close to the pc-21 (but more weapons)

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Hi there fellow simmers,

My name is Matt and I am currently working as a maintenance technician on the Pilatus PC-21 for one of the Air Forces (which I will not disclose which one on here publicly) and have come to realize how great of an asset the aircraft is in pilot training and how we as a community should consider the aircraft as a potential module.

The role of the PC-21 is to train pilots in Air Forces all around the world to fly, and as well as to prepare them to fly more complex jets such as the F/A-18 Hornet without 'Lead in Fighter' training.

The PC-21 is a 2 seat, single engine Turboprop advanced trainer with a top speed of 370kts, and a ceiling of 38,000ft. The aircraft can pull up to +8.0g and -4.0g.

The cockpit systems consist of 2 multi-function displays, a PFD and SFD, and EMD (Engine Monitoring Display), and HUD. The PC-21 can also simulate weapon engagement of both A2A and A2G missiles and bombs.

My question to you guys out there is: Is there any chance we can push for this to become a module in the not so distant future with the help of the community?

Thanks guys :)

-Matt

Instant buy from my side at 89.90 USD ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

OT, but listing a country that operates the PC-21 as your location in the forum profile settings pretty much gives it away...

:lol:

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Lol :megalol:. Anyway, it next to impossible to keep things secret nowadays. I am looking forward for the Super Tucano, I would say the airplane I am most looking forward. I was disappointed to hear it was put on a fridge for now. Anyway, I am in, if someone presents an alternative. Not sure about the PC-21 capabilities, but it does look interesting for light support, recon, navigation, and aerobatics.

Hey, i'm working on a pc-21 as a side project/hobby, once again it's the same thing with all DCS "Aircraft" now 3D is the most easier step in the creation process. You can have the best 3D shape of the world, but if avionics and FM don't follow, that useless. I've no pretention with this project, i making it more for fun.

31562031_10214945517852081_3981335061625569280_n.thumb.jpg.f52595bf3af124c4fedb5a0ca097d890.jpg

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Interesting plane in fact, and would be nice to have it in DCS. Good luck with the project, maybe one day we will be flying it in DCS, If not, just enjoy the way. Also as a COIN ops lover, will enjoy the armed part of the plane.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I have a flyable mod.......

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hey, i'm working on a pc-21 as a side project/hobby, once again it's the same thing with all DCS "Aircraft" now 3D is the most easier step in the creation process. You can have the best 3D shape of the world, but if avionics and FM don't follow, that useless. I've no pretention with this project, i making it more for fun.

That 3D modelling of the front cockpit looks amazing! Very detailed already and it isn’t even that far into the 3D modelling process. I agree that without the avionics and FM it is hard to make the module, but is there any way we could attempt to make this project of yours come to life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Jensen

i7 8700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, Saitek X-55 Rhino, Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 Pro Clip

I have a flyable mod.......

Oh awesome! Would I be able to obtain a copy? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Jensen

Yep would be interested in the pc-21 hobby version and the mod version. IMHO no developer will jump into a pc-21 with the Razbam Tucano, in real life they all competed for contracts around the world. Both fill the basic training need. I flew in a Tucano in the RAF great fun and excellent view from the back seat. I will be paying for the Razbam version whenever it comes out.

• 9 months later...

Like this?

pc21b.jpg

pc21c.jpg

pc21.jpg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Good eyes!

WIP

FC3 fm for flyable version.

No Prop FM's are available to use any longer.

Ed have locked them out for modding.

All we have left is FC3 and the Shark........And the Shark may be next....

• 1 year later...

Screen_210503_170254.jpg

Screen_210503_170319.jpg

• Like 2