Brunner Force Feedback Joystick Base

Mozart

Hi,

I´m writing for a flight mate of mine as he also uses the Brunner base together with a Warthog A-10 Stick. He has a strange issue and I would like to help him. Whenever we fly on a dedicated server in DCS, means one out of the server list, and he has started the Brunner software, he get´s very bad FPS in game. When I start a server on my PC and he joins, everything is fine. He has the newest Firmware as well as Software installed and according to his information the DCS plugin is well installed.

We already tried to delete the Save Game folder and start from scratch to exclude something inside there to be the cause. Nothing. Even with a repair and a clean Saved Games folder the bad FPS are happening. I´m talking about FPS in the range between 1-10, whereas he has 90-100 on my servers. He has a 5600X and a GTX 3080 plus 64 GB of RAM.

Maybe anybody has encountered a similar behavior and/or has an advice what to do. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Xoxen

Edit: No issues in SP.

Edit 2: When he switches off the Brunner Software, the FPS are back to normal, but the stick is not running.

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

On 7/12/2023 at 12:22 PM, Abburo said:

If you are at last level of firmware and software, I think best option would be to contact Brunner directly.

Mine is working fine... at least for helis and airplanes official modules.

I had to jump back and forth between brunner and direct x driver to get it to work, looks like I have to do this everytime I'm gonna use it...

And I'm getting annoyed by all the buttons not working my virpil stick. not only is the trim hat and thumb hat extreme "inaccurate" with cross over signals when using it(I'll try and trim nose down and I trim right wing down instead. But many buttons don't work, the button that is basically a TMS button on the F16 a 4 way hat with a senter button press, on it only left, right and back work, not center press or forward. I have two grey buttons on the right side, that simlply dosn't work, and the swich on the side, which is a two way hat and a center press, only the center press work. I tried to map the A10C today and I simply don't have enough buttons, even combined with my Winwing F18 throttle. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I'm about to give up, it's impossible to work the HOTAS systems in planes with the Virpil brunner combo, flying the A10C is just pure frustration I try and zoom in on the TGP and instead it goes from laser mode to IR pointer (DMS left instead of DMS up) And that it's the same with the trim hat and every other hat on the stick except one.  

14 minutes ago, Abburo said:

@Gunfreak you may want to talk Virpil and ask for a replacement. My TM is working fine with Brunner base, all buttons are ok. I do admit however about some oversensivity on the 4+1 buttons, but otherwise everything is ok.

It's the oversensitivity I'm talking about. And from what I understand that is a Brunner-Virpil thing, probably won't help with new one or buying a more expensive virpil grip.

That is not Brunner-Virpil... my grips (Alpha and CM2) are behaving identical on WarBird base as well on a Mongoos v1 base and Brunner... as i can see from your description, seems to be a bit more problem on your case... 

Anyway personal experiences might differ of course... if i would be you i would discuss with Virpil

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

On 7/21/2023 at 3:26 PM, Gunfreak said:

It's the oversensitivity I'm talking about. And from what I understand that is a Brunner-Virpil thing, probably won't help with new one or buying a more expensive virpil grip.

Hi mate, maybe a stupid question, but have you correctly selected the grip from the dropdown in the profile manager in CLS2? 

I am having touble with mine now, after updating the software and firmware..... I wish I had left well alone.....basically, :

I tried this morning ( no idea why when everything was working fine after I rolled back) with a fresh installation, as I noticed new firmware version was out....

I had no issues with the Vjoy installation, although it it shows as installed version number 2.1.9.1 I did not run the installer in the folder. I tried fiirst with version 5.5.2 of the software, but had no FFB effects, which is what happened yesterday, so I rolled back to CLS2 5.4.7 and it worked again. So I thought, no problem, I will just roll back to 5.4.7 ........So currently I am running version 5.4.7 of CLS2  & firmware 664.....but have no FFB effects

I now have 2 issues: Firstly, all my old profiles no longer show up in the profile manager, ( I backed them up and copied them back in after the updates) 

Secondly, I have zero FFB effects in DCS, even though its connected and communicating, I have X & Y axis bound within DCS to both the Vjoy column and the CLSE joystick column in DCS controls options. 

Can anyone help? Thank you.

It does not help that the Brunner forums are next to useless, responses take days if at all and very few solutions arise from any posts for help...........considering the huge cost of the hardware, its pretty poor support, but I guess in the hierarchy of importance, us simmers are simply not as important as their commercial clients.....

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

38 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi mate, maybe a stupid question, but have you correctly selected the grip from the dropdown in the profile manager in CLS2? 

I am having touble with mine now, after updating the software and firmware..... I wish I had left well alone.....basically, :

I tried this morning ( no idea why when everything was working fine after I rolled back) with a fresh installation, as I noticed new firmware version was out....

I had no issues with the Vjoy installation, although it it shows as installed version number 2.1.9.1 I did not run the installer in the folder. I tried fiirst with version 5.5.2 of the software, but had no FFB effects, which is what happened yesterday, so I rolled back to CLS2 5.4.7 and it worked again. So I thought, no problem, I will just roll back to 5.4.7 ........So currently I am running version 5.4.7 of CLS2  & firmware 664.....but have no FFB effects

I now have 2 issues: Firstly, all my old profiles no longer show up in the profile manager, ( I backed them up and copied them back in after the updates) 

Secondly, I have zero FFB effects in DCS, even though its connected and communicating, I have X & Y axis bound within DCS to both the Vjoy column and the CLSE joystick column in DCS controls options. 

It does not help that the Brunner forums are next to useless, responses take days if at all and very few solutions arise from any posts for help...........considering the huge cost of the hardware, its pretty poor support, but I guess in the hierarchy of importance, us simmers are simply not as important as their commercial clients.....

I'm using the direct X brunner app. It won't let you choose profiles etc. But makes the FFB effects work perfectly in games like IL2,  Clod etc.

Ah, OK...what about the effects in DCS using the Brunner direct X? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 7/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, markturner1960 said:

Hi,

Try to running 'Configure vJoy' and check mark whatever needed to have the effects active, namely 'Enable vJoy', 'Enable Feedback' with all the checkmarks.

I personally have all check marks 'On' and total 32 buttons.

After that in DCS you may need to 'Load' the vJoy profile again for every module (must browse to proper folder for each module). Normally no button or axis reassign is needed.

All this to operate in CLS2Sim mode.

Cheers 🍻

On 7/23/2023 at 1:01 PM, markturner1960 said:

We have here in ED forum someone from Brunner, namely @Brunner 🙂 Maybe he will be able to provide you more insights on your issue.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

On 7/14/2023 at 9:57 AM, xoxen said:

Hi,

I´m writing for a flight mate of mine as he also uses the Brunner base together with a Warthog A-10 Stick. He has a strange issue and I would like to help him. Whenever we fly on a dedicated server in DCS, means one out of the server list, and he has started the Brunner software, he get´s very bad FPS in game. When I start a server on my PC and he joins, everything is fine. He has the newest Firmware as well as Software installed and according to his information the DCS plugin is well installed.

We already tried to delete the Save Game folder and start from scratch to exclude something inside there to be the cause. Nothing. Even with a repair and a clean Saved Games folder the bad FPS are happening. I´m talking about FPS in the range between 1-10, whereas he has 90-100 on my servers. He has a 5600X and a GTX 3080 plus 64 GB of RAM.

Maybe anybody has encountered a similar behavior and/or has an advice what to do. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Xoxen

Edit: No issues in SP.

Edit 2: When he switches off the Brunner Software, the FPS are back to normal, but the stick is not running.

Edit: We solved the problem. It was related to Avast Free Anti-Virus which blocked something. After uninstalling it, everything works fine.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Bought the virpil alpha thingy hoping it would work better than the M50, but nope, it's worse for me, just as over senistive and 1 4 hat dosn't work at all, while the 2 others have the same buttons, so on one hat I have the 4 way trim, then I tried to use the thumb 4 way hat for something else, but DCS thinks it's the same hat as the one I used for trim, and the axis thumb stick, just isn't recognized at all. 

On 7/23/2023 at 2:24 PM, markturner1960 said:

Ah, OK...what about the effects in DCS using the Brunner direct X? 

They are generally better for those moduals that don't have good FFB(like almost all of them except the F14)

On 7/23/2023 at 12:01 PM, markturner1960 said:

Tried to go back to brunners own software to test, and I don't have any profils in the drop down many, and if I try and crate my own, I can see that indeed brunner thinks various buttons are the same button, I press one button and two light up at the same time.