DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Thank you, it worked!

Another question, when I press S3, it appears the radio menu, is it correct?

Not so much by design, but when you don't have power on the F-5 the NWS button also actuates the intercom. This is a DCS feature that I honestly wish could be disabled in the options menu.

Version 2.35 is out!

Change Log:

• Added F/A-18C Stick Grip support for F/A-18C, AV-8B, and F-14 profiles
  • Added options to remap Dogfight/Boat Switches to Master Mode on AV-8B (Cougar/Warthog) and F/A-18C (Warthog only).
    Note: these options are forced on with VR or if MFDs are set to 0.
  • M-2000C: Added NVG Support to MFD (enhanced with external Lua mod by Mustang).
  • F/A-18C: Added Sensor Control Panel to RMFD.
    Added FCS BIT Enable to S3+S2 while Logical Gear State is down.
  • F-14: Fixed H4P mapping issues with CommState release.
    Replaced RIO ROSB4 DirectX with Keyboard macro to deconflict with IFF mode (for ranging).

Updated diff.luas since 2.34: Bf-109, Fw-190, AV-8B, M-2000C, F-14, F/A-18

Added Custom Lua: M-2000C

AV-8B Profile Apu Start Switch = NWS switch

I've been away from DCS for a while and I've come across your great profile software. All seems to work fine apart from the Apu/Start switch which according to the map is the NWS switch, when operating the switch it operates the Anti-Col lights which is already mapped to one of the fuel norm switches.

Is there a way I can fix this myself or it something that has to be sorted your end?

Kind Regards

Jason-118

I've been away from DCS for a while and I've come across your great profile software. All seems to work fine apart from the Apu/Start switch which according to the map is the NWS switch, when operating the switch it operates the Anti-Col lights which is already mapped to one of the fuel norm switches.

Is there a way I can fix this myself or it something that has to be sorted your end?

Kind Regards

Jason-118

Hi Jason,

By your description, I'm assuming you're using a Warthog with the AV-8B module. I'm unable to duplicate your issue. DX13 (on APU Start) does map to the Antiskid/NWS switch in the Harrier.

Have you imported the diff.luas for both the keyboard and warthog? If you still have issues, please let me know the steps you took to get to where you are, and what you did to troubleshoot.

AV-8B NWS Switch

Hi Jason,

By your description, I'm assuming you're using a Warthog with the AV-8B module. I'm unable to duplicate your issue. DX13 (on APU Start) does map to the Antiskid/NWS switch in the Harrier.

Have you imported the diff.luas for both the keyboard and warthog? If you still have issues, please let me know the steps you took to get to where you are, and what you did to troubleshoot.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I've taken another look and attempted to try all the different version diff.luas for the AV-8B with no success.

While I was looking for the diff.luas I noticed a directory in the TARGET Profiles CTS folder called custom LUAs folder, I've now installed those lua's and enabled the variable in the CTS program which seems to have fixed my problem.

Regards

Jason-118

Hi HomeFries,

An embarrassing question, I am trying to select buttons 30,31 and 32 but they are not present in the drop-down menu when adding modifiers in the Options menu. The last button is 28. See attached picture. Many thanks for your help in advance!

You need to have the TARGET profile loaded before running DCS. Then you should see the "Thrustmaster Combined" controller and you will be able to assign buttons 30-32.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I've taken another look and attempted to try all the different version diff.luas for the AV-8B with no success.

While I was looking for the diff.luas I noticed a directory in the TARGET Profiles CTS folder called custom LUAs folder, I've now installed those lua's and enabled the variable in the CTS program which seems to have fixed my problem.

Thanks, Jason. That explanation helped me find and fix a bug I overlooked! Hotfix will be up shortly (though you should still maintain your current configuration).

Version 2.35a (Hotfix 1) is up.

Change Log:

• AV-8B: Fixed APU Start assignment bug when Custom Lua is not enabled (Warthog only)
  • Updated M-2000C for compatibility with DCS 2.5.5.35461

Updated diff.luas since 2.35: AV-8B, M-2000C

Updated Custom Luas since 2.35: AV-8B, M-2000C

Important: if you use the DCS Stable release, you should not use the new M-2000C 2.35a diff.lua files, as these reflect changes in the OpenBeta. I have included the 2.35 files in the release, so you should use those. You can still use the latest custom luas with the stable release.

In other news, now that the latest hotfix has been uploaded, the next phase of CTS goes into beta. CTS is no longer just a DCS profile, but now incorporates two other sims. The first sim is the latest iteration of a certain WWII sim from another Russian developer, and the other sim is (ahem) a space sim for elitists. Profiles for these sims fit seamlessly into the existing architecture, and can be enabled like any other module. Cougar/Warthog, MFDs, and VR are all supported as well.

I'm recruiting beta testers for these new "modules," so if you have experience with either sim and you're interested in beta testing, please drop me a PM.

Another question for you Home Fries. I've just added Su-33 to my installed aircraft on the CTS launcher and built the script, now when I push the play button the target software gives me audio cues telling me AV-8B initiated is this correct? I have tried deselecting AV-8B and just building the script with SU33 selected with no change in behaviour.

Now I made sure to load the latest Su33 diff.lua files for their respective categories and add the 3 buttons to modifiers now most button selections work but the hook lower switch fires off flares?

Am I missing something completely with changing between profiles in the CTS launcher?

Another question for you Home Fries. I've just added Su-33 to my installed aircraft on the CTS launcher and built the script, now when I push the play button the target software gives me audio cues telling me AV-8B initiated is this correct? I have tried deselecting AV-8B and just building the script with SU33 selected with no change in behaviour.

Now I made sure to load the latest Su33 diff.lua files for their respective categories and add the 3 buttons to modifiers now most button selections work but the hook lower switch fires off flares?

Am I missing something completely with changing between profiles in the CTS launcher?

IMO, the best feature with this profile is the ability to change between modules on the fly. Regardless of what you start the profile with, you can always change the profile by holding S3+LOSB1 (S3+T9/SPDB if you use VR or don't have MFDs) for two seconds to enter profile selection mode, then you can use the stick hats or MFD buttons to select your desired profile. However, you can also change your default (starting) profile on the Settings page in CTS. I recommend reading the Setup PDF that comes with CTS, as it should clarify this functionality. Also be sure to read the sections in the HTML User Reference pertaining to each module you use.

Ok thanks Home Fries.

I've now managed to figure out how to select the profile I want to have as my default for the initial launch, which in turn fixed my problem with the SU-33. I've attempted to try and understand the profile switching in-game but fail to see it change to another aircraft in the target software.

Maybe I'm miss understanding the button selections what is meant by SPDB? Is it the speed brake switch on the throttle? Do I hold that and the S3 (NWS button) for 2 seconds? Is there any indication anywhere to tell me I'm in the profile selection mode? I've read through the Html reference and have the diagram for the buttons to change and select aircraft I just think I'm somehow not getting to the profile selection mode in the first place.

Thanks again for your help. Once I finally figure this out I might not need to bother you again :D

If you're using VR or don't have MFDs, you'll hold NWS+Speed Brake Aft (you were correct in interpreting the nomenclature). Otherwise, hold NWS+LOSB1 (i.e. the first button on the top row of the Left MFD). You'll know you're in profile selection mode when you hear Microsoft Anna say which module is set for selection (e.g. "Su-33 Flanker Delta").

I had to set my global No. of Thrustermaster MFD's to -1 this has now allowed me to switch profiles using my hotas. I didn't think to change it to this as it says not to change it to -1 unless troubleshooting.

Now using the SU-27/33 Profile with the WH reference sheet it refers to a dogfight switch for the /U/M/D operation, which switch is this on the Warthog as I can't seem to find the switch labelled anywhere?

Hi Home Fries,

I fly the P-51D using the Cougar profile. I have a question regarding "Hats 2-4 send F1-F12 when Comm switch held". How do I get into this mode when I fly the mission? I noticed that if I refly the same mission the Hats 2-4 works as F1-F12 at the very start. However, I don't manage to toggle back to the standard Hat configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Hi Home Fries,

I fly the P-51D using the Cougar profile. I have a question regarding "Hats 2-4 send F1-F12 when Comm switch held". How do I get into this mode when I fly the mission? I noticed that if I refly the same mission the Hats 2-4 works as F1-F12 at the very start. However, I don't manage to toggle back to the standard Hat configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

It should toggle to F1-f12 while holding down the comm switch, and should revert back as soon as you release the comm switch. Please let me know your hardware configuration and communication options (e.g. VAICOM, SRS, etc.), and which button you actually use ( e.g. mic sw press) so I can troubleshoot.

Edited by Home Fries

It should toggle to F1-f12 while holding down the comm switch, and should revert back as soon as you release the comm switch. Please let me know your hardware configuration and communication options (e.g. VAICOM, SRS, etc.), and which button you actually use ( e.g. mic sw press) so I can troubleshoot.

Thanks for your reply!

I use VAICOM and as Comm Switch PTT I use the T1 Btn. My hardware configuration is; i7-8700K 3.70GHz, ROG STRIX Z370-H, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070, TM Cougar stick and throttle, TrackIR, MFG Crosswind rudders.

I don't think the Toggle Profile Landing Gear State (S3+T6) is working for me as well.

Home Fries, I think I solved the earlier issue I had with the Hat 2-4 in the P-51D profile. However, I came across another issue. The Comm Switch, T3, is not linked to the KB command for Flaps Down and Landing Gear Down as shown in the Profile JPG. It is linked to the COMM Push to talk in the TARGET lua file that I imported to DCS.

Edited by Vikingo

Home Fries, I think I solved the earlier issue I had with the Hat 2-4 in the P-51D profile. However, I came across another issue. The Comm Switch, T3, is not linked to the KB command for Flaps Down and Landing Gear Down as shown in the Profile JPG. It is linked to the COMM Push to talk in the TARGET lua file that I imported to DCS.

I've added it to the bugtracker and will get to it this next week.

An update on 2.40:

The beta testers and I have been busy getting things ready to go. The addition of non-DCS sims means creating binding imports for sims that don't support importing with the same ease of use as diff.luas. This has meant creating and testing exhaustive binding configurations, predicting combinations, and putting them all in HTML tables for people who wish to do the manual edits.

During this time, I was also able to add the Fw-190A-8 Anton to the list of available DCS modules. Since the Fw-190A-8 shares many of the same parameters as the Fw-190D-9 Dora, I have updated the database so that you select the Fw-190 module if you have either the Anton or the Dora. You can then disable either module from selection in the Fw-190 Values menu (e.g. you can set Fw-190A-8 to 0 if you have the Dora and not the Anton). This deviates from the existing standard, but was necessary to keep the same variables in play while maintaining a one-to-many relationship in the database (relational database users will know what I mean).

Finally, in building the Anton profile I went through the other warbirds and changed certain mappings to maintain consistency across the board. You will notice this most in the Dora and the Bf-109K-4. To this end, I also completed the high visibility/printer friendlier MFD inserts for the Bf-109K-4 and Fw-190D-9.

With all that has been put into this build, we're still tracking for a September release. While I expect issues with the non-DCS profiles due to differing configurations and the instructions, we're doing our best to smooth out as much as we can to make this release as seamless as possible.

Best,

Edited by Home Fries

All,

An update to my last post. We're still on track for a September release, and the build in testing now is essentially a release candidate. However, one of the new sims supported is set to have a major patch released circa September 30. Assuming this is the case, the 2.40 release will be delayed to assess whether anything needs to change in the existing configuration. This is so users won't need to rebuild their bindings within a week for an otherwise inevitable hotfix.

Again, the beta testers have been keeping me honest (take a look at the bugtracker to see exactly how honest), and the result is significantly improved over the past couple of builds. You all will be the beneficiaries of this hard work.

Best,