FA18 TACAN & ADF tutorial doesn't work

Tregarth

I am trying to work my way through the FA18 tutorials. The ADF part of the Navigation tutorial works OK but the TACAN part doesn't.

At one point the instruction is to enter "TACAN code 67 on UFC then ENTER. After entering 67X press spacebar to continue". I cannot see how to enter X.

Once I have pressed the spacebar new information should appear on the HUD and HSI but nothing new shows. I have tried this step a number of times but have not yet seen the new information.

Where am I going wrong, please? I tried using the Chat function to ask this question but no one replied.

Thank you,

Tregarth

TACAN

I am trying to work my way through the FA18 tutorials. The ADF part of the Navigation tutorial works OK but the TACAN part doesn't.

At one point the instruction is to enter "TACAN code 67 on UFC then ENTER. After entering 67X press spacebar to continue". I cannot see how to enter X.

You do not need to enter X but there should be an OSB button that has a colon on the Up Front Controller (UFC) to indicate X or Y, see below:

XxW1I30.jpg

See Item Number 6 for the colonized X OSB. If you wanted Y you would select the round OSB next to Y and the colon would then be on the Y line.

This information is from Chuck's Guide, all credit goes to him for a great product found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2vH0WLm5mdu2U3GX8AkB1z6iIP-I_sF

His manual is a great place to start for getting to know any of the modules.

Chuck's guides are invaluable for all DCS aircraft and the thing I always download and read to accompany a new module:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal