Joint Warrior Round 6 - Tactical PvP Battle

104th_Maverick

Thanks for flying guys, prize winners will be chosen tomorrow after evaluating the scores but it looks like a preliminary win for the Blue side.

Live Stream replay is available HERE

The TacVIEW is available for review HERE

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

It was a great event yesterday but during debrief I think a lot of people either didn't see it or chose to ignore the elephant in the room.

Having two fronts like this is tailor made for the Hornet to operate freely having access to shoot and run weapons such as HARM, Maverick and AMRAAM.

This was highlighted by Red having to snipe ground targets from 10km with 5km ranged rockets, while Blue released a dozen Harms and several Mavericks.

The roster for the mission had Blue with 18 Hornet pilots and Red with 4 Hornet pilots. I'm not sure but I think those 4 didn't turn up and Red gathered 2 or 3 Hornet pilots. Red not only had to contend with facing Phoenix, 120C and 9X they also were expected to dampen their fighter support and fly Su25T.

This would have been better suited as a primarily Hornet v Hornet event, other options would have been to share Red and Blue aircraft in the roster equally or just have Red as an Aggressor.

Obviously the latter is not what JW is about so maybe if you want to encorage A2G action with a Blue v Red vibe then maybe a single target area is needed to dampen the effectiveness of the multirole Hornet and allow Red to consider dedicated A2G platforms. Though on the other hand having two fronts is a much more enjoyable scenario. Another idea would be to include more ship targets to allow the Viggen more value and defending those areas more relevant. The current mission was a bit of a Hornets playground but I think that would be whatever the set up.

Obviously Red didn't help themseves yesterday and could have utilised the Su25T and Viggen a bit more but the general feeling was air supremacy was going to be tough enough as it was. Reds poor start was partially turned around by some great work by the guys that were left standing and made some great viewing on the stream.

I can't thank you enough for the hard work you guys put into creating these missions and appreciate the complexity of mission building for these events i'm just trying to give some feedback, of course this will be helped in the future with more multirole fighters being released, but for now some mission balance is required.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I partly agree with Frostie's points. It might be better to have more mixed coalitions. The coalitions kinda made themselves though as all aircraft were available to both sides, but naturally "Flanker Squads" will go for red just as "NATO squads" will naturally sign up for blue. So maybe admin could have intervened to mix some to lend equal capabilities to both sided.

Note though, most hornet pilots were purely A2A so the defacto A2G numbers were more in the ball park of a 6-7. And as for the Phoenix, Red actually had 5 F-14B signed up for the event same as blue. It's a pity some fell off along the way. But blue did have to deal with them as well, I lost my wingman to a mk60...

I've said it on discord already, but great event Maverick and Tiger, we really enjoyed it and looking forward to more.

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Maybe it can turned into a proper Red vs Blue fight by limiting the F-14, F-16 and F-18 to unguided A2G weapons. Then Blue would have to fly the A-10 for A2G, just as Red has to take the Su-25T for A2G right now. This would also make it more interesting, as both sides have to protect their ground attackers instead of the Blue ground attackers protecting themselfs ( F-16, F-18 ).

I do not really like mixed aircraft for both factions, I would like to see it pure red vs blue with the nessecary restrictions (e.g. SATAL rules for A2A weapons). Using the Aim-54 is a very risk free way of getting cheap kills, while all the other planes have to work hard and risk alot for their kills. Going back to SATAL rules will force the F-14 to get into more risky situations and would therefore make the fights a little more equal.

... Missed de brief for vollyball sorry...

"vollyball" in our comms code for sex session :)

Yeah, great event. I waited it looooong time and got splashed from long range Phoenix. At the start of the event :joystick:

Next time payback! :drunk:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

seagalsalute-copy.jpg

BLUE SIDE VICTORY!!!

Congratulations to the Blue Side who came out on top after a very intense battle with some nail biting surprises along the way!

84TNkra.jpg

Special mentions to 64C_Batz who with his RIO Zombiesnax managed to score 7 confirmed kills in the mighty Tomcat and to 104th_Stuge who took down a Rezky with rocket pods in an Su-27!

Commiserations to the Red Side who after a rough start put on a hell of a display and fought hard to the end, special thanks to the =TAW= Squadron for stepping up at the last minute and helping to balance the teams by going Red.

ww1.png

Thank you all for taking part and for the feedback both on here and in the debrief after the event, its fantastic to get the Joint Warrior train rolling again and have so many talented Squadrons working together, it was an absolute pleasure to watch!

PRIZE WINNERS!

Z3eQC8f.jpg

Prizes for the winning team have been selected at random using www.wheelofnames.com

All eligible winners from the Blue side had their names entered and spun on the wheel and the results are as follows...

Heatblur Module Winners

84TNkra.jpg

JG78_mauuz and SF_FATMAN

Congratulations to you both, you will each be able to choose a Heatblur Module for yourselves or a friend!

Z3eQC8f.jpg

Wild Weasel Apparel Winners

ww1.png

Tolovay - Tshirt and Mouse Pad/Travel Cup

SF_Bushmanni - Tshirt and Mouse Pad/Travel Cup

64_Batz - Tshirt and Mouse Pad/Travel Cup

Z3eQC8f.jpg

Can all the winners please contact me via PM here or on DISCORD and I will let you know how you can claim your prizes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad