Function Request: Damage Assessment

LeCuvier

In MP quite commonly we have no access to the F2 view. So after an engagement it's often impossible to know whether repair is necessary before flying the next sortie. We should be able to request, under the Ground Crew menu, a damage assessment. This should indicate what elements are damaged/inoperable. And in conclusion there should be a recommendation like "Good to go", "Repair recommended", "Repair mandatory"

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I see a problem for the AI to actually assess this correctly. Usually you know best yourself whether or not you have been hit by anything during the sortie and - considering how the deck crews sometimes work in DCS - I wouldn't trust the AI crew to decide on which damage is 'acceptable' or not. Repair is quick enough to just do it on suspicion, I'd say.

Lol. That's what your wingman is here for no?

No, the ground crew! The wingman cannot look "under the hood".

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5