EA-6B Prowler cat shot cockpit view

we desperately need this in DCS. Note how the airspeed indicator jumped to the bug ;)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It's not the check itself that I'm curious about, it's the method and timing. When I see AF jets do it they do one axis at a time instead of cycling all controls simultaneously. That and Navy jets do it prior to takeoff, AF jets before taxi. What bbrz said about folding wings makes sense, but I see Navy jets do it even when taking off from land bases where the wings wouldn't be folded.

Basically just curious in the reasoning behind the difference between the AF procedure and the Navy procedure.

I would say catapult time is very scarce so all of these checks need to be carried out in the least time possible to keep operations moving along.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I think it is to check the control surfaces for freedom for if there is a malfunctioning surface or a jammed one the color shirts can spot them before pressing the button to jump it off the deck. Its a safety measure. You dont want to be hurled in two seconds into the drink with a jammed aileron or a rudder do you?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.