Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

I would vote for a good old British Sea King (Mk4 Junglie). Fits in well with Razbam's current map development as well. Or you could go slightly more up to date and do the Merlin (Mk3 Junglie... I may be slightly biased towards the aircraft of Commando Helicopter Force...).

"Remember, always treat your kite like you treat your woman."

"Do you mean, do you mean take her home at the weekend to meet your Mother?"

"No! Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!" "WOOF"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not that big of an helicopter, but I would like very much a SH-60B Seahawk, at least in ASuW version, with radar to provide SURPIC for Harpoon carrying Hornet.

Or HH-60H, that would be a hell of CSAR helicopter

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Reasons to make a MH-53M Pave Low

I mean there are many helicopters that could be produced, but I certainly have a bias. Here are a few reasons to make a Pave Low for DCS.

First, we were multi-role. Even though we specialized in special operations, we also excelled at CSAR. We were also all sling load qualified.

vrEGylc.jpg

It took 6 crew members to fly her. Two pilots, two flight engineers, and two aerial gunners. That's a lot of mulitcrew positions! Three in cockpit like the Mi-8 but the FE up there stayed super busy! 240 ft of hoist cable in the right door, plus you have three gun positions in the back with a mix of the minigun or .50 cal!

1IVYcTc.jpg

yWe7rtN.jpg

Systems! Systems! Systems!

The Pave Low had a multitude of advanced systems especially for a helicopter. There was a triple redundant nav system with INS, doppler, and GPS inputs. Integrated defensive systems with DIRCM, jammers, chaff/flare dispensers including forward firing containers, MWS, and ALR-69. Multiple radios including SATCOM, UHF, VHF & FM SINGARS, PLS (CSAR radio), and HF. The MATT system allowed you to receive near real time threat or survivor update that go directly to the color moving map display. Finally, the heart of the aircraft is the Pave Low system itself which is a terrain following/terrain avoidance radar paired with a FLIR and hover coupler that allowed you to fly anywhere and then land even in 0/0 weather.

zYue20f.jpg

The main mission was special operations so that included infiltration of vehicles.

FGzoOVt.jpg

We did a lot of air refueling!

9vq4pJO.jpg

3xS1qEZ.jpg

We all had to maintain deck qualifications!

SxpBlPU.jpg

Ok, maybe I am way biased but I spent a decade on Pave Low and it was great. There is a lot more to the aircraft than I can cover here!

VwglEZr.jpg

9YareU2.jpg

Wow ... very cool Pave Low presentation.

SOLD.

But just imagine the resources required to model all that complex technology and systems!

And a very steep learning curve to fly/operate if it is a four person job.

Would be awesome though!

8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3200 RAM, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution

Wow ... very cool Pave Low presentation.

SOLD.

But just imagine the resources required to model all that complex technology and systems!

And a very steep learning curve to fly/operate if it is a four person job.

Would be awesome though!

Certainly a task to code all this. I wouldn't begin to know even where to start. But if AI can be a RIO, AI can also perform FE tasks. It was a 6 person crew but in the end only one person has their hands on the controls.

Not that big of an helicopter, but I would like very much a SH-60B Seahawk, at least in ASuW version, with radar to provide SURPIC for Harpoon carrying Hornet.

Or HH-60H, that would be a hell of CSAR helicopter

Yea I personally would want a Blackhawk or variant

EDIT: I've been convinced DCS PaveLow would be pretty cool too.

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

We don t have a single heli in DCS who makes me "oh I wanna fly an heli today!"

This...

I was excited for the prospect of an AH-1 but then I saw we were getting the S variant and my anticipation died.

Jtcmn1R.png

I would at least like something a little bit newer...

Also I dont think the gunner seat will have much to do in the Mi-24P that we are getting.

Hopefully ED gives us an AH-64D, hell I'd be satisfied with an AH-64A at this point.

all_037a_014.jpg

all_037a_015.jpg

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Is that cobra cockpit from another sim or leaked belsimtek images?

AH-64A from ED from like ~2008

They had a bunch of other stuff too, you just have to know where to find it.

This ancient post has a pretty decent compilation of some screenshots.

EDIT: More specifically looks like it was an AH-64A Blk. 49A

As for what happens after Black Shark, the team has several aircraft modules currently in development (this could include development of 6 DOF cockpits, avionics or flight dynamics). While the A-10A Suite 2 module will still likely follow the Black Shark, the following aircraft are also now planned for DCS in development at one stage or another:

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now able to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

Naturally, release of aircraft like the Su-27 and F-15C would coincide with integration of advanced flight model for missiles, advanced seeker logic and advanced air-to-air radar logic and modeling.

Attached a few very early images of the 6 DOF cockpits for the Flanker and Eagle.

The actual order of release is still up in the air. For all of these aircraft, we now have all the needed data to model them properly to DCS standards (very important a big factor of what does and does not go into DCS as a flyable). It is important to remember that all of these aircraft will be modeled to the same level of detail as the Black Shark in DCS. As I hope many of you realize after reading and seeing more about Black Shark, this will be a daunting task but will provide the most comprehensive and realistic simulation of flying these aircraft within a combat environment on the PC.

Thanks,

Matt

^ That is from 10 years ago.

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Currently we have like 3 able 3d meshes ready for production( 3 Helicopters, 2 heavy 1 mid), but our production line is stretched as it is, and i don't want it to be too thin, once the pertinent development depts are ready, you'll start to see some helo production, when? i can't tell with a certain date, but in the mid term, sure...

Any update? Been a while.

What he said

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

Osprey

CH-53

CH-46

MH-60

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift