Feedback and suggestions on getting started videos

David OC

Trying to do a few video's on getting started and setup.

Things like showing how to position your view and save it, setting up controls. HOTAS and single stick with keyboard recommendations.

How to create a modifier key and what I use them for to double the joystick assignments.

How I setup the controls for FC3 aircraft on my HOTAS.

Trackir and why we use it.

My Trackir settings in DCS and how I set it up

Video 1 was about how to download and install DCS (My old PC and upgrades when starting out),Looking up your PC spec's and making a list. How to join the forum and get help.

Video 2 - Options Menu

This is about launching DCS, setting the options for your pc and making sure it runs ok.

How do I change the default view in the aircraft 15:05

Where are all the DCS instruction manuals (Make links to them 18:10)

More manuals - Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library 21:30

I think it's a bit long, maybe only 10 to 15 minutes max going forward.

What's the hardest things you find when starting out and getting setup with DCS. Apart from the sim not running at 60 fps on max settings lol.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

did you try removing background noise?

Not that professional;)

It would be way to hard to block out the noise around here lol. More interested in the guy's and girls sitting on the fence about having a go.

Nice easy walkthrough, have fun setting up etc.

2:55 Joystick Axis commands

4:09 Axis Tuning (Curvature) Smoother controls around the center

5:30 Other useful key commands to bind to the controls for the Free DCS TF-51D

10:08 Bind up the aircraft Trim commands using modifier keys + Joystick Hat

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Nice work David OC. Have subscribed to your channel.

Like me it sounds like you don't have NBN yet. Still stuck on ADSL 2. :(

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Nice work David OC. Have subscribed to your channel.

Like me it sounds like you don't have NBN yet. Still stuck on ADSL 2. :(

I even upload the video's using my phone on 4G. 10MB upload on 4G lol.

Otherwise I'm stuck on 20MB Down, 1MB up:(

It's also not bad using a tether for MP too. Tested it the other night.

Got any other ideas for good just getting started videos? I'm not doing pro video's. There is a million of them and they would look daunting and seem to hard for the guy's and girls thinking or just getting started with DCS.

Thanks for the videos, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Not that professional;)

It would be way to hard to block out the noise around here lol. More interested in the guy's and girls sitting on the fence about having a go.

Hold the microphone as close to your mouth as possible (not too close as you will induce distortion; experiment and see what works the best). If your recording software allows, set audio levels manualy, just keep it lower than -3dB.